PARTY AT THE DUNGEON

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino hated the old man ever since he first saw him. Add to that the fact that he urged Mrs. Kwon to do a DNA test, when he first set foot at the Dungeon. They all find it ridiculous, since he’s almost the spitting image of his brother, and Jennie wasn’t even requested to do so.

YHS explained that they can’t know for sure if he really is half a Kwon, since his mother is already dead. But even if the test results confirmed his blood relation to them, YHS continued to ignore his existence.

 

When Jiyong told him about his plan against YHS, he suddenly thought of the times he and his brother would prank the old man before. Their favorite was hiding his signature hat whenever he takes it off.

Mino was still hesitant about taking the offered position, but Jiyong promised he will help him and would even give him lessons every week.

The thought of bringing down that old man actually made him want to do it, aside from the fact that Jennie is also breathing down his neck at any given chance for him to accept the position.

He was staring at his phone for an hour when he just decided to give his brother a call.

“Hyung, let’s do this.”

 

Two weeks after that phone call, Mino was pushed to join their company’s annual Charity Ball, which will be held for the first time at the Dungeon.

Jiyong wanted to make this a family event and take the opportunity to formally welcome Mino to the company, although his tenure will start in two months’ time.

 

Mino stood by the stairs as he checked his navy blue suit on. He was about to walk down when he saw Dara emerge from the other side of the house wearing an elegant black gown and a pair of simple gold earrings that matches the gold and diamond rings on her finger. The silhouette of her gown would make you think she’s not even pregnant as it toned down her growing belly so well.

Her hair is tied neatly in a low bun, and her face barely had makeup on, except for the red tint on her lips.

She smiled at Mino. He waved back at her, but his mood changed when his brother walked next to her sporting a black suit with a gold brooch to match his wedding ring and his wife’s look. He can’t deny that his brother looked effortlessly handsome, especially beside Dara.

 

Mino looked away from them and saw Jennie, wearing a sparkly pale pink mini dress chatting with two boys down the hall. He let out a smirk upon realizing who those kids were - the notorius Kim rascals.

“Double B.” He called them out. 

The two boys looked surprised to see him. Jennie also ran to give him a hug.

“You look good, oppa!” Jennie flashed a gummy smile that reminds him of their brother.

“Hyung, it’s been a while!” Hanbin extended a handshake, which he took.

“And you’re still hovering around my sister, Hanbin.” He menacingly smiled at the younger guy who just took it as a joke.

“Looks like you’ve finally decided to leave the kitchen, Chef Song. Congratulations!” The other guy greeted him. Bobby is Jennie’s cousin from her mother’s side.

“I don’t know, kid. I’ll probably be back there sooner.” He answered quietly.

 

“There you are, Mino-ssi.”

That familiar voice creeped Mino out, and so did the other kids beside him. YHS stood in front of them, who looked really different

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter