THE TALE OF TWO BROTHERS

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Looking forward to this project, Mr. Song.”

Mino sighed in relief after closing a deal with an investor for a new retail concept store, his first official project for YGE.

It took him a month to finally convince Woo Jiho of the KOZ Corporation. He immediately shared the news to his brother.

 

That’s great news, Mino! Drop by the office later. We have something to discuss too.

 

He groaned at the thought of the meeting with his brother. He’s been missing a lot of date nights with his girlfriend.

She always say that it’s alright, but it’s not for him. He’s glad that she understands his position but he can’t help but miss her so much. Sometimes he wonders how his brother can endure this with his wife.

 

Hayi brought him inside his brother’s office. He was on his couch, whiskey at hand.

“Drink with me?” He offered him a glass.

“Congrats to your hard work on KOZ Corp, Mino. Woo Jiho is a pretty intimidating guy, but you did it.”

Mino felt happy about his brother’s appreciation. He really spent a lot of time convincing the young millionaire.

“I am actually looking forward to start the project right away. Jiho-ssi looked so excited too.” Mino shared.

“I’ve heard you flew to Busan over the weekend just to have dinner with him.” Jiyong has his brother followed to track his progress.

“Yes. I actually have to cancel a lot of dinner dates with Joohyun, and I wish to make it up to her.” He was giving a hint to his brother.

“You should, but not today.” Jiyong poured another shot in both their glasses.

“You’re scaring me, hyung.” There really is something bothering him.

“You should be.” He simply answered after taking a shot.

“The board wanted you to take over Seunghyun hyung’s position.”

 

********

[AT THE BOARD ROOM]

They had the meeting earlier that day. The executive members of the board are impressed with Mino’s performance.

“I heard he’s about to close a deal with Woo Jiho. Our friends from Busan saw them over the weekend. They seem to be in good terms.” Park Jaesang, Dara’s father, shared.

“Woo Jiho is careful with who he works with. The Woos are not really known in the business circle, but he managed to build his own name in the industry that’s why a lot of people wanted to work with him.” Youngbae added.

“He should be afraid to work with us, especially because people are calling him the next Kwon Jiyong, but working with us is also a good PR move in his part. Afterall, Kwon Jiyong started the case of glorifying young and successful businessmen in the country.” Teddy admitted.

“The fact that your brother got him only means that he has the potential to attract new generation of investors. A lot of the old family businesses are giving the reigns to the younger heirs. They are a lot experimental, and it matches our business reputation, to be honest.” Sean made a point, and it’s clear that Mino really caught their attention.

“I’m proud of his achievements so far. Not to mention his work with Blackpink, which has attracted even foreign investors now. That said, aren’t we putting too much pressure on him by giving another group of businesses for him to handle?” Jiyong questioned them.

“But isn’t that what Mino really is passionate about? He is a restaurateur by heart, and Seunghyun was his mentor.” Teddy answered him first.

Jiyong took a deep breath. “As much as your points are valid, we still need to consider the fact that he has just begun working for YGE for less than a year--”

“And yet, he accomplished a lot. More than you did before.” Kim Jiyeon, Jisoo and Jinwoo’s mother, cut him off.

“That’s not necessary to mention, Jiyeon-ssi.” Jaesang called out his sister-in-law.

“I mean no offense. I’m not saying that Song Mino is better than Kwon sajangnim. It’s only been two years and he has done incredible things as CEO of the company at a considerably young age, but his brother might be able to do so too.”

“I understand, Madam Kim. I know that Mino’s potentials are igniting us to move forward. But please bear in mind that at the end of the day, Mino will definitely be holding a higher position at YGE as willed by my father. We will get there, but for the meantime, I want to know his opinion about this first.”

 

********

 

“Why me?”

“I told you that you’re doing a great job, and the committee noticed it too. As I see it, they wanted to bring in younger bloods into the business. They were very impressed with your work with Woo Jiho.”

Mino stopped and downed his drink. He definitely wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter