BACK-UP

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino just ended his meeting with the Seunghyun's team and he didn’t realize that it will take that long.

He checked back on his desk and called Junhoe, who was just checking the minutes of the meeting with Ahyeong.

“Junhoe, did you get any updates from KOZ Corp? We need that addendum signed right away.” Mino asked as he busied himself checking his mail.

“I’ve been trying to call his secretary, but Jaehyo-ssi isn't answering my calls or emails. I’ll get someone to confirm anything, Master Song.” Junhoe answered him, his eyes filled with determination.

Mino grunted in appreciation as he dismissed his assistant. Something caught his eye though. Joohyun scribbled something on their polaroid photo, BUB & BAE ♡

He smiled as he checked the time. He needs to leave now.


 

********

 

Joohyun looked lost as she made her way to Mino’s place. She was spacing out until a man knocked her off. She almost fell on the ground, if not for the kind man who helped her.

“Sorry, sir.” She told the man who just gave her a nod.

That’s when she realized that she needed to buy something for them to eat. She doesn’t want Mino to bother cooking for them. Her man needs to relax.

She ran into an alley and saw what she has been craving to have with Mino for a while now.

 

*******

 

“I’m home.”

Mino stopped and smiled upon realizing what he just said. It feels weird announcing his presence inside his own home, knowing that someone is anticipating his arrival.

Joohyun took a peek from the kitchen, and his heart doubled in size. She was so adorable, calling him in to join her in the kitchen.

“Aren’t you even going to give me a welcome hug or something, bae?” He complained.

He walked into his kitchen anyway, and the more he comes closer, the more his senses are invaded with that tempting scent of spice and drool-worthy aroma.

She was busy stirring packets of ramyun in a pot, and on his table are double servings of tteokbokki, sundae and kimchi. His mouth watered right away.

“I hope I did not disappoint you, bub. But I really miss eating street food with you.” Joohyun has her back on him.

He walked up to her and kissed the side of her head. “This is perfect, bae. Just like you.”

She scowled at him adorably, but something seems off. He decided to drop the thought for the meantime, when Joohyun started setting the table.


 

There was a lot of heavy flirting and suggestive actions between them during dinner. Joohyun kept her lips, probably because of the spice of their food, but Mino knows she can usually handle the heat. Unless it’s the same kind of heat he is feeling.

He noticed a spot of sauce at the corner of her lips and he ran his thumb over it. Joohyun bit her lips as she watched him it off his thumb.

He was smiling at her knowing that they are on the edge of their desires.

“I think I’m full.” She was first to say something between them.

“I’m not.” He answered right away.

She blushed, and tried to ask him with a straight face. “Is there anything else you want to...eat?”

 

He did not answer, and she didn’t need any.

 

********

 

They were cuddling, both not willing to let each other out of sight and touch.

“That makes Jon Snow the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark.” Mino has been explaining Game of Thrones to Joohyun. She loves the premise of the series, but she finds the TV show too graphic for her own taste.

“So he is the true heir!” She gasped, and Mino loves that she really is so much invested in the series as he does.

“Technically, but it’s GOT. Things are bound to get crazier.” Mino answered as he mindlessly kissed the tip of her nose.

Joohyun held his neck and lowered his face on hers, as she initiated a kiss.

“I love it when you make the first move. It makes me feel so wanted.” He told her as he watch her blush and bite her lip.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter