BROTHERS

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“His brother is locked somewhere in Sapporo.” Mithra reported to Jiyong.

“So his story checks out.” Jiyong paced back and forth. Now that this bit is clear, he can now trust Woo Jiho.



 

[A FLASHBACK, BUSAN]

 

“He’s looking to work with me on a project too. We’re going to discuss about it tomorrow.”

Jiyong shifted nervously in his seat. “We’ve just met, Woo Jiho, and we may have started on the wrong foot, but may I know more about your connections to Kim Jaejoong?”

“Connections? I’ve been looking for a good investor for a long time now, and his name came up.” Jiho looked uneasy as well, and Jiyong had the urge to push further.

“I know him since we were young, but we weren’t in the same circle. You can say that we’re rivals, but here he is now, asking to be a part of my company.” He did not know if he’s doing the right thing, but Jiho’s interest suddenly turned to him.

“Rivals? You mean your little love triangle with Dr. Park?” The sarcasm in his voice is so obvious.

“So you did know about us?” He suddenly felt nervous as Jiho smirked.

“Maybe more than you think, Kwon Jiyong.” His eyes stared directly at him.

“Really? But are you sure that what you know is the truth?” He continued to dare Jiho.

“My father invested in their family business, Mr. Kwon. The same business that went downhill just because two grown men are too selfish to realize that there are other people involved in their problem more than they know.”

Jiyong felt a stab in his chest. Jiho suddenly turned into a menacing guy.

“My father took his life, and dragged my mother in an accident so that we can pay off our debts. My brother had to work with a Japanese gang just to help me finish my studies. All these would have been avoided if only you did not pressure his family, and if only he is not as selfish as he is a coward to face the reality. That’s all the truth I know.”

Jiyong grew worried about Woo Jiho, but something seems off. He’s not yet sure if this man is an enemy.

“I’m sorry to hear about your family. Believe me when I say that I tried to help save their business. I didn’t want their company to go downhill, but my heart is not in the right place. I was only thinking about me and Dara.” He paused, trying to read the younger guy’s reaction.

“I’m quite surprised that you easily admitted to it. You really must be a pleasant person just like what your brother tells me.” His voice and face slowly relaxing.

Jiyong wanted this to be a good sign between them. The thought of Mino’s first project failing in his hands is slowly eating him alive, and Jaejoong continues to bug him. “I hope you don’t mind me asking again, but what is the nature of your business with Kim Jaejoong?”

 

Jiho smirked at him. He poured another shot of whiskey for both of them and drank his at one go.

“Why are you so interested on him, Mr. Kwon? Is it because you had him restrained from coming back to Korea for two years?”

“Because he’s back and contin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter