THE BOYS

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino sat inside the boardroom. His brother called for an emergency meeting. He looked around and saw Youngbae, Chaerin, Teddy, Daesung and Seungri. Most of the people who usually fails to attend the quarterly meeting were there too.

Kim Jinu, Head of Real Estate- sat beside Teddy. It was his first time to see him, as he was always busy checking on locations all over the country. His assistant would always sit in his place for the reports. Dr. Yoo In-na, Head of Health and Social Work- was chatting with Youngbae, probably because he just found out that his wife is actually three months pregnant.The guy talking to Daesung must be Cha Seungwon, Head of Gaming and Leisure. He was the former head for Hotel and Restaurant Business before Seunghyun.

His brother came in, with a livid expression in his face. He called Youngbae first and had a small talk with him. Mino saw Youngbae step back a little. It looked like he just heard something major from his brother. This meeting must be that important.

His brother presided the meeting, and it was actually normal than the usual, He just wanted to be updated on what’s happening on every business aspects. Mino was the last to report,and he can sense that his brother is on the edge of his seat after he mentioned the project with Woo Jiho.

“Now that the contracts are signed, and the construction is set to begin, I want you to step away from that, Mino, and focus more on the KK Food Group. I want them to sign with us by the end of the month.” Jiyong instructed, without even looking at him.

Mino scanned his brain for all the things he wanted to say about his brother's demands.

“You want me to step down from Project Aurora?” He blurted out. That made Jiyong look at him.

“Yes. Kim Haesol will take over it. He’ll meet you tomorrow.” Jiyong bluntly answered.

“Why? This is my first project with YGE, and I’d like to be involved personally. I’ll make sure that we sign with KK Food Group, but let me oversee Project Aurora too.” He knows that they are in a board meeting, but he can’t help but plead to his brother.

“My decision is final, Mr. Song. I would have you filed for insubordination if you continue to insist your demand.” He gave him a deadly glare.

He felt everyone’s eyes on him. Why is his brother suddenly being a dictator?

Mino sat there unaware of what’s happening around them. Just then, Youngbae approached him. “Just do what he said, Mino.”

He looked around and saw people leaving. The meeting has ended and he needs to talk to his brother. He gave Youngbae a nod and prepared to leave as well.

He made his way to his brother’s office and saw Hayi on the phone.

“...he’s already here, sajangnim.”

Mino stood in front of Hayi and waited for her to allow him inside the CEO’s office. She put down the phone and ushered him inside.

Jiyong was already in his seat, browsing through documents, as if he did not know that Mino was there.

“Make it fast, Mino. I have a lot of work to do.”

Mino frowned. There is something wrong with his brother, and maybe, he was just the target of whatever it is that’s troubling him.

“Hyung,”

“Is this a personal matter?” Jiyong cut him off.

Mino smiled to himself. “Kwon Sajangnim, I’d like to know why I have to turnover Project Aurora to Kim Haesol.”

Jiyong kept his eyes on the documents as he answered. “I told you, I want you to work hard on KKFG. You’ve already done your part for the Retail Business, now it’s time to do something for H&R.”

Mino wanted to burst at his brother’s indifference, but his phone buzzed in his pocket. Jiyong must have heard it as he looked up and stared at him.

“Aren’t you going to answer that?”

Mino answered the call and heard Yunhyeong panicking on the other line.

 

“Are you all ok there? Where’s Suhyun?”

Jiyong suddenly stood up, looking worried.

“Ok. I’ll be there.” Mino dropped the call. He turned to his brother, who seemed to be waiting for him to relay what the phone call is about.

“There’s been an attempt to rob the Bistro. I have to go there now, hyung.”

Jiyong clenched his fist and nodded at him. “Bring Soonho with you.” Mino agreed to have his security aid with him.

 

********

 

“How is everyone here?” Mino entered through the back door and saw Yunhyeong looking pale.

“Chef Song, everyone’s fine. Suhyun is a bit shaken, Dr. Kang is with her now.” He led Mino to the mini office, where Seungyoon and Suhyun are. She cried upon seeing Mino.

“I’m so sorry, Chef Song.” Suhyun bowed to Mino.

 

He was on the way to the bistro when he called Yunhyeong to tell him what happened. Two guys entered the bistro right before they were about to close. Donghyuk told them that they’re already closing, but Suhyun convinced him to just let them order. They were just two customers ordering coffee, anyway.

Yunhyeong was busy cleaning the kitchen, and Suhyun was just at the counter when both guys pointed a knife at her and told her to give them their earning. But the cash box was already with Donghyuk, who has just entered the mini office. With nothing to offer the thieves, Suhyun ran to the kitchen, but they were able to drag her first. Donghyuk heard the commotion outside, and he ran to rescue her.

He was able to punch the other guy, but they had knives. Donghyuk got slashed in his arm and they were about to head to the kitchen when the front door opened. Another customer came in and saw what’s happening. He helped the o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter