SIDETRACKS

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong blinked as if he's just dreaming when Hayi handed him a document.

Mino, along with his business partners are pulling out W Bistro under YGE.

"Can you call Mino here, please?"

"He actually setup a meeting with their legal representative this afternoon, sajangnim." Hayi checked the timetable on her iPad.

"Then I'll just discuss this later with them. Get Atty Lee on the line. How come I wasn't informed about this?"  

Hayi remained still in front of him. "Sajangnim, your brother used a different lawyer for this."

She handed the document again and pointed at the line that bears the legal representative.

"Atty. Na Youngseok? The same Na of Na Legal Associates?" He asked his assistant.

"I confirmed it. Yes, sajangnim." Hayi answered him.

Jiyong could not believe how his brother was able to get the services of one of the top legal associates in the country.

 

Later that afternoon, Jiyong entered the conference room as Youngbae, Teddy, Jang Suwon, Atty. Na and another guy greeted him.

"Good afternoon, sajangnim. I'm Atty. Na Youngseok, and this is Ahn Jaehyun, paralegal." The kind face of such a powerful lawyer greeted him.

"I thought you'll be here with my brother." He asked.

Atty. Na smiled. "My client sent an agreement that he will not be involved in any executive decision regarding this matter on grounds of conflict of interest."

He handed him the said file. Many questions are now swimming inside his head.

"Why are they doing this?"

The lawyer cleared his throat. "I'm afraid that is not something I am allowed to divulge. I'm only here for the what, when, where and how. The owners are on the why."

Jiyong felt slighted about this, but Youngbae took over. "What are we signing here, Atty. Na?"

"W Bistro will end its contract with YGE next year, and the owners have decided to withdraw from it. Here are the documents for the finality of the dismissal of the contract plus the financial arrangement on their payment for buying out of contract."

"Wait. Hayi, can you call Lee Seunghoon?" Jiyong just wanted to hear everything from someone who's involved with the bistro. He can't believe what's happening.

"Sajangnim, Lee Seunghoon is now tendering his resignation-"

"What?" Jiyong exchanged looks with Youngbae.

"Sajangnim, Lee Seunghoon already sent his resignation last month. The papers were sent to your office and signed." Hayi pulled out a scanned copy with his signature.

"Can we continue this conversation some other time, Atty. Na? I think we have some things to discuss about this." Youngbae saved the situation.

"Of course, I understand. We'll coordinate with Ms. Lee on your next available schedule." The good lawyer stood to leave.

"We're leaving this copy for your review, Sajangnim. Thank you for meeting with us today." Jaehyun said before turning to leave.

Youngbae and Jiyong went back to his office.

"You have to relax, Jiyong."

"Thanks for the save, Youngbae. I really don't remember signing that resignation notice. What is happening?" He sat down and closed his eyes.

"You need to take some time off." His friend suggested him.

"No. It's time to talk to Mino."

 

--------


 

Mino stopped as soon as he entered Joohyun’s place. Suzy was wearing his shirt.

“Where did you get that?”

Suzy looked down on her shirt. “It’s in my sister’s closet.”

“But that’s mine, and I gave it to her. Go and change that shirt. NOW.” Mino gritted his teeth. Missing Joohyun has gotten to his temper now. He’s easily irritated, that even Junhoe is buckling more in fear of him.

But apart from that scene, Mino has actually become friendlier to Joohyun’s sister. Since the day she let Mino listen to her video calls with her sister. He was just in the background, away from the camera but enough to see her face. He still doesn’t know why she suddenly ghosted him.

 

Later that day, Suzy was able to ask Joohyun about Mino.

“Charming has been dropping by to check on me. He misses you.”

Mino looked at Joohyun’s face on Suzy’s iPad. She bowed down her head and whispered, “I miss him too.”

He wanted to talk, wanted to tell her how much he wants to talk to her. He wants to know how she has been, outside of her duties as a daughter to their forgetful father. He wants to hear her say how much she still loves him.

“You haven’t been in contact, right?” Suzy prodded on to her sister.

“No. If I see his face or hear his voice, I’ll only want to go back there.” She smiled but her tears have already betrayed her.

Mino remained rooted on his spot. His heart hurts.

Suzy looke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter