FAST TRACK

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun moved to one of the apartments owned by Seungyoon’s family.

She insisted on paying the rent, so the doctor gave her a good discount.

Mino got closer to her these past few days too, especially after they had a drink at the Dungeon.

 

“I’d rather be alone here than with them. I don’t want them to blur what true happiness is.”

 

It was exactly what Mino felt when he got back from Italy. But things are going better now, and he wanted Joohyun to be in that situation too.


 

“It’s nice to see you back here, Mino.”

He turned around and saw Dara walking towards him.

“Why are you up so late, noona?” Dara sat beside him.

“The twins woke up and we just put them back to sleep. Look at your brother.” She showed him a photo of his brother sleeping at the couch with his hand on the twin’s crib.

“This will go viral, you know.” They both laughed as they plot a scheme to bring the mighty Jiyong down with a photo.

 

They sat in silence for a while.

“Jennie told me everything about Joohyun.”

“Damn. I know Jennie is depressed about this, but she should stop telling everyone about it too.” Mino needs to talk to Jennie about this.

“She just feels sad about everything. She loves her, sees her as a sister.” Dara was staring at him, as if looking for a reaction.

“I’ve always found her endearing.” He answered truthfully. He’s sure everyone at the Dungeon is wondering why he acted like that around Joohyun.

 

“Are you happy, Mino?” She asked him.

“I am now.”

 

********

 

YGE x SMI VIRTUAL SHOPPER TO BE LAUNCHED NEXT MONTH

 

“How the hell did this happen?!”

Jiyong threw the tablet in front of the Project XX team members gathered inside the YGE conference room.

 

Mino woke up to thousands of calls from Junhoe on his phone that morning. It was just his first week as Head of Retail Business, and it’s already dragging his life on a cliff.

And now this.

 

The project was supposed to be kept from the public until it is tested.

The response from the general public is overwhelming. Mino actually feels worried now more than ever. Expectations are high, and people are excited for the first project headed by the younger half-Kwons.

 

Even Jennie had to skip school, because the media has been asking for interviews or comments about her project.

Both team members from SMI and YGE are meeting now to plan their next move.

 

“We are looking into the matter from our end, Kwon Sajang. But isn’t that writer, Han Minseo, YGE’s paid publicist?” Kim Taeyeon is on her feet, looking intensely at Jiyong.

“Former publicist. Our legal team is also looking into it. As far as we’re concerned, we cut our ties amicably with Ms. Han.” Hayi answered back. Her calm composure definitely set the mood back.

“Where are we on the project, Mino? Why are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter