MANHUNT

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino tried his best to keep calm as he drove Audrey to the hospital. Beside him, Jiyong is cursing on the phone.

They ran to the emergency room and was greeted by Dara who had tears in her eyes.

Jiyong wanted to break inside the room, where Jennie was being examined but Dara hugged him from behind, trying to calm him down.

Mino then saw Jaewon and Hanbin sitting flat on the floor.

"Boss" Jaewon called him as soon as their eyes met.

Hanbin looked up and started to cry. "I'm sorry, hyung."

He knelt to the ground and pressed his palms on the floor. Apologies continued to pass through his lips, and Mino felt a tug in his heart.

"Get up, Hanbin." He couldn't even say that it's okay, because it's not.

 

"What happened?" Jiyong demanded from the two.

Jaewon stood up and explained everything. The moment he told them that Jennie was unconscious inside the van, Mino lost it.

He punched the wall beside him, his knuckles suddenly bleeding.

Dara rushed to hug him. "Calm down, Mino. They're doing everything to help Jennie. Please."

 

--------

 

"What are they doing to her?" Jiyong asked Dara.

"Seungyoon called me as soon as they brought her in. He's the one attending to her. According to the nurse, they're trying to flush out whatever they've injected her. She overdosed." Tears threatened to fall from Dara's eyes.

He hugged his wife and just then, he saw Simon walking towards them.

"Jiyong, we need to talk. You too, Mino."

Jiyong looked towards Dara, asking her permission. She nodded and urged Mino to follow them.

"Go to my office." She told them.

 

Simon locked the door to her office when they got inside and started to run his hand over his head.

"Jaewon saw this inside the van." He threw the motel key card on Dara's desk.

Mino looked terrified, and Jiyong never thought he can feel such anger as this.

"Loco and I went to the room and-" He stopped, raking his fingers over his hair this time.

"It's bad, Jiyong." He finally said.

"Tell me." He insisted.

"There are cameras." Simon stated, and that's all he needed to hear.

"I'm going to kill him!" Jiyong yelled.

"That's not all, Ji. The room was booked under Nam Taehyun." Simon said, shifting his eyes to Mino.

Mino's eyes widen in shock. "NO. No ing way!"

Simon tried to calm him down. "Relax, we already checked. Taehyun have nothing to do with this. But he can help us."

Jiyong suddenly turned to him.

"They were planning to do a…a livestream." Simon started to explain.

Just then, Mino made a run to the door. "We need to get those ing animals!"

"We'll do that, but we need to ask Taehyun. They left the wireless device inside the room. We need him to track the main host." Simon explained to them.

 

Mino took his phone and started dialing his number. Simon then turned to Jiyong.

"I've already alerted Uncle Dongseok. The police needs to get involved now. Whatever we gather, we're handing over to them."

Ma Dongseok is Seoul's Chief of Police, and Jiyong trusts the man. He nodded as he tried to control his anger.

"I need to call Mithra."

 

--------

 

Taehyun was cursing expletives as soon as they entered the motel room with Jiyong, Simon, Mithra and Mino.

"We only have three hours before the police comes in. Can you work on that time?" Simon asked Taehyun.

He crossed the room and lifted the device he brought with him. "Give me 10 minutes."

After 8 minutes, Taehyun suddenly blurted. "Sapporo."

Mithra took a peek on his device. "Are you ing kidding me?"

Jiyong looked at him. "What is it, Mithra?"

"It's Jung Yunho's address."

Simon suddenly laughed. "What does my half brother have to do with this?"

But Jiyong had another thing in his mind. "It's time to tie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter