BLACK PROJECT

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong rushed home after his dinner with Siwon and Taeyeon.

He did not even went straight to his room, where Dara was waiting. He opened the room found on the left wing of their home to see it empty.

Jiyong closed his eyes and tried to calm down. While he found a way to wriggle out of that tight situation earlier, he still feels embarrassed about what his sister did.

Most of all, he really don’t know what’s been going on with Jennie.

He stomped the floor in frustration when he felt a little weird on the wooden tile his foot just landed.

It was loose and sounded hollow. He traced the edge of the tile and lifted it to see a tiny box underneath with the initials BP written on it.

He opened the box to see a portable USB inside.

 

********

 

Mino drove Jennie home after their little chat about their encounter tonight.

As soon as he entered the driveway, a familiar silhouette stood by Jennie’s parking slot. Jiyong was smoking with a glass of whiskey on his other hand, and that only means he’s stressed or pissed.

Jennie looked nervous as she stepped out of Mino’s Audi.

“Perfect. You’re also here, Mino. Let’s gather up for a family meeting.” Jiyong called on to them as he threw his cigarette aside.

 

As much as Mino likes to talk back to the eldest Kwon, he still wouldn’t want to cross him when he’s in this state.

With what happened in the bistro earlier and knowing his little sister’s secret internship at their rival company, Mino can understand Jennie’s reaction at the sight of their brother.

“Good evening, Jiyong oppa. Did you have dinner already?” Jennie tried, while steadying a smile in her face.

“Actually, I did. I had a little dinner with my friends way back when I secretly interned at SMI.” He answered with his face not trying to hide his sarcasm.

Mino was surprised to hear about this. He cursed a mouthful when Jennie revealed her secret to him, but Jiyong too? His righteous brother?

“Oppa-” Jennie started.

“Funny story, they actually told me they have an intern named Song Jennie.” Jiyong cut her off.

Mino just couldn’t help but look stupid upon hearing these revelations. “Jennie, what?” He clearly wasn't told about her sister using his name.

 

The maknae closed her eyes in embarrassment. How can she screw up all her plans in one day?

“I was just doing research, oppa.” She quietly answered, with her eyes fixed on her feet.

“Jennie, you know very well that falsifying documents can get you in trouble! What if you were assigned to another department and someone else found out about it? You could have brought trouble to our company! Didn’t you know about all the problems I’m fixing right now?”

Mino felt as if he’s being reprimanded too. He reminds himself not to fight the dragon.

Jennie was sobbing now, and Mino knows Jiyong is not buying it.

“I thought I wouldn’t get caught like you!” She looked up, with fire in her eyes.

Jiyong stood there gritting his teeth. He took a deep breath and put his hand on his pocket, as if holding on to something.

“I need a better explanation, Jennie.” He fished a black flash drive from his pocket.

“Oppa, that’s nothing.” She clearly was lying. Mino took a glance at the device and saw the initials BP written on it.

Jiyong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter