CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino was thrown back against the wall when an explosion hit the Dungeon.

He felt dizzy for a few seconds before his panic kicked in. His mind flew to Jennie first. He tried to stand up against the pain in his leg and traced his steps to her room. On his way, he remembered seeing her walking with Hanbin to his motorbike outside when he got Jiyong’s call.

 

She’s outside. She’s safe. She has to be safe.

 

Mino then stopped in his tracks, and closed his eyes.

Think, Mino. Think!

The twins.

He then dragged his feet to his brother’s room. Dara mentioned at dinner that the twins will be sleeping with her because Jiyong is in Jeju.

His ears were still buzzing from the blast, but it slowly picked up the sound of cries.

Two different high-pitched cries. 

He followed the sound against the rubble blocking his way. He was almost near to where the cries are, when one of them stopped. 

Mino called on Dara as he tried to run to get to them.

“Mino!” He heard Dara call his name. He turned left and saw that the door to their room was just hanging by a screw. He kicked it away and dashed to Dara.

She was cowering over Dami, who looked frozen in her arms. “She’s in trauma. I need to wake her up, Mino.”

Her hands were shaking as she tried to wake her daughter who remained still, while looking at her with a blank expression on her face. He heard Dara whimper as she cooed her baby to respond.

“Where’s Jaehyun?” Mino asked as he tried to locate where the crying is coming from.

Dara then broke down to tears, he’s under the rubble. She pointed to a collapsed wall that could have almost crushed a kid underneath, but luckily, the concrete was wedged by the decorative floor lamps beside the bed. Caught in the middle of the space was his nephew, whose cries grew faint by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter