LET HIM GO

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong couldn’t stop stomping his feet as they landed back to Seoul. A helicopter was waiting for him at the other side of the private runway to bring him directly to the hospital.

He kept on receiving messages on his phone about the accident. He read them all but nothing registers in his mind. He was blank and scared and hurting.

There was an explosion in the Dungeon.

His mind drew up images and scenarios that he did not want to entertain, so he kept himself shut from everything else.

He stepped into the helicopter and the noise woke him up. He was sitting across Mithra. Jiyong heard Mino’s name and he tried to understand what he was saying.

“What did you say about Mino?”

Mithra looked at him warily. “He’s the only one who was rushed in emergency. He made it out of the rubble and fire, but he was unconscious. They are trying to revive him, but he wasn’t responding-”

Jiyong stood up in instinct, but the seatbelt latched on him made him realize that he’s still in transit on a helicopter.

“We need to be at the hospital now! Go faster!” He yelled at the man in charge at the front. Mithra tried to calm him down but he resisted.

“I need to call Simon. Jaejoong must die. Now.”

 

--------

 

Joohyun looked outside the window as the flight stewardess announced their decent.

She’s coming back home.

She looked to her right and saw her dad still knocked out. She still can’t believe she’s finally going home.

“I’ll tell the stewardess to prepare the wheelchair for him.” Dr. Choi suddenly spoke beside her father.

“Thank you.” She smiled at him. It appears that the good doctor has decided to come home to Jeju, where his fiance is waiting for him.

 

She looked at her phone and sighed as she realized she turned it off before falling asleep. A sleep that gave her a dream so clear, it almost seemed real.

In her dream, Mino was waiting for her at the arrival area with the biggest bouquet of flowers she has ever seen. It’s a colorful mix of roses and daisies and other flowers she’s never seen or held before.

And in the middle of the bouquet rests a sparkling diamond ring. Mino picked it up and kneeled before her.

She woke up mumbling yes, and her heart fluttered at the thought of seeing that dream come true.

 

But she remembered that she’s not talking to Mino at the moment. It was petty at first, but when she realized she’s coming home, she sent him a message saying that it’s better that they talk about things face to face.

 

She was smiling and secretly anticipating as they walked outside the plane and into the exit of the airport. Dr. Choi was pushing the wheelchair where her father sat in a daze.

Joohyun’s heart was thumping and beating so loud, she’s not sure if she’s excited or nervous.

And her nerves took over her when she saw Junhoe waiting for her, instead of Mino.

 

“Junhoe?” She asked seeing his eyes holding back his tears.

“Master Song is at the hospital right now.” Junhoe croaked as he tried to compose himself.

Joohyun looked back to Dr. Choi and her father. “Can my dad stay with you for a while?”

 

--------

 

Dara received word that Jiyong just landed at the hospital’s helipad. She was in the nursery with Dami, who has just recovered from the shock. Jaehyun was treated for some bruises and is now sleeping beside her.

Jiyong rushed to the room and knelt before her in an instant, trying to check on her and Dami.

“She’s ok now. We’re ok.”

Dara cried as Jiyong drew his breath heavily. He then sat beside his son and cried while kissing his forehead.

“Jiyong, Mino…” Dara tried to calm herself but just the thought that Mino died for a minute ached her heart.

“He’s still under operation. I was just there.” Jiyong said as his tears started to fall.

“We lost him for a while, Ji. I was so scared.” Dara so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter