CALM BEFORE THE STORM

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took six hours for Suzy to give her testimony to Atty. Lee.

Four hours to secure the Dungeon and Dara's family.

Three hours to give Youngbae the full rundown of what YGE may get involved with when this comes out.

Two hours for Mino to find the perfect hideout for Suzy, Seunghoon's house.

 

"Is it really safe to leave her there?" Jiyong asked Mino as they drove to get Suzy to his friend's house.

"It will be the last place Jaejoong will consider to be her hideout. Seunghoon has no connections with the noble names and he lives quietly in a gated village."

Suzy was frantic at the backseat. Joohyun kept sending her messages. Mino didn't know how to tell her either.

 

Seunghoon welcomed them in his humble home, and was whisked away by Jiyong and Simon for further details on Suzy’s safety.

 

“I’ll tell her.” She started, as if reading Mino’s worries.

“We can tell her together.” He insisted.

Suzy shook her head. “No. It has to be me. I need her to understand that I decided this on my own.”

“When will you tell her?” He worried that the longer they keep her in the dark, the worse it will affect Joohyun.

“Tomorrow night. I promise.”

 

--------

 

Seunghoon sat across Suzy from his dining table, Junhoe beside him. She sighed for the third time in the last five minutes.

“Do you have an ice cream?” She asked the two.

 

“I’ll buy outside.”

“I should buy one.”

 

Both men stood up.

Suzy frowned at them. She sure knows how awkward they feel about having her around. “Or I can just buy my own.”

“Don’t be ridiculous. You know you’re supposed to stay here.” Seunghoon told her as he stood up. Junhoe followed him.

 

“Hyung, maybe I should go out and buy for her. Master Song told me to attend to your needs here.”

Seunghoon just clapped a hand on his shoulder. “Attend to her needs then. I’m going out.”

“Hyung, don’t leave me here.” Junhoe whimpered.

The other guy just smiled at him, enjoying the way he panics.

“I’ll be back right away.”


 

The door shut behind him and Junhoe breathed rapidly.

“Kid, come here.” Suzy called him.

“Oh boy.” He muttered as he slowly made his way to her.

“Yes?”

Suzy smiled back at him. “Mino told me you’re close to my sister.”

Junhoe looked up to her and started to relax. “Yes, Ms. Suzy.”

“You can call me noona.”

He nodded and smiled back to her.

“I’m a little out of my mind right now, Junhoe, and I miss my sister. Can you tell me something about her?” She asked nicely. Somehow, she finds the young kid endearing.

“She likes to eat ramyeon with Master Song. She likes listening to SNSD. She’s addicted to sweets but she can drink like a man.” He giggled at that last bit and Suzy joined him too.

“Junhoe, do you have a crush on my sister?” She prodded.

As expected, the guy blushed and avoided making eye contact with her. “Master Song loves her.”

“I know that, but I’m asking if you have a crush on her.” Suzy pressed on.

He slowly looked up to her and quickly looked away too. “She’s the prettiest and nicest girl I’ve ever met.”

“I know that too.” She sounded sincere at his sentiment.

“You’re pretty too.” He almost whispered.

“But I’m not nice, right?” She didn’t mean to corner him. She actually was just trying to make a joke.

“Maybe, but you have the same genetics. You probably just don’t act on it.” He casually told her.

The effect of that simple statement, sounding innocent, stunned her.

“You think I’m nice?”

He smiled at her, genuine and sweet. “You’re nice enough to do this for other people, even if it can cause you trouble. That’s actually more than nice.”

She started to tear up at his words, which made him panic.

“Did I say something wrong, noona?”

“No. You actually said everything I needed to hear.” She said as she smiled through her tears.

 

--------

 

Seunghoon returned with Chaerin and another girl to his place.

“Look who I saw outside, Junhoe.”

Junhoe stood up and greeted Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter