LOVE AND QUARRELS

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaewon missed a month of work at the bistro as he visited his sister in Daegu.

Nobody knows that his family owns a brewery and he’s just biding his time in Seoul before he takes on the task of leading the family business.

Nobody knows that he’s one of the sons of the great Jung Donghwan, one of the best senators Korea ever had.

Nobody knows that his brother is Jung Ki-, a formidable member of the elite underground, AOMG. He knows the nature of business his brother engages in, and he has always wanted to be a part of it more than coming home to manage a brewery.

He has heard about the altercation at the bistro few weeks ago, and that a security joined them. He hated that he was away when it happened, because he sure knows he could have defended his friends on his own.

 

Little did he know that the security was one of his brother’s men. Fear flooded his veins as soon as he saw Sungwoo on his first day back.

“I know you.” He bravely confronted the guy smoking outside the kitchen, his spot.

“Damn it. What are you doing here?” Sungwoo asked him.

“I work here.” Jaewon answered.

“You work here? Why?” The man asked him again.

“Because I want to. And you, why are you here?” He was scared to know the answer, but he needed to hear it.

“Work stuff for your brother. And you better not ruin it.” Sungwoo stepped on the cigarette he flicked after taking one last drag from it.

Jaewon immediately grabbed Sungwoo’s collar. “Don’t you dare hurt my boss. He’s a good man.”

Sungwoo smirked at him. “I’m on his side, so calm your .”

“What kind of job is this?” Jaewon raked his fingers on his hair to release the tension he felt earlier.

“I’m not talking to you about it.” The other guy told him as he walked back inside the bistro.

 

--------

 

“I want in on the Kwon case.”

Jaewon immediately told his half brother upon seeing him.

“You’re not ready for this, One. I already know you’re attached to Song Mino, but I can’t let you in on this. There are a lot of complicated things going on here.” Ki- patiently told him.

“Then give me the uncomplicated ones. I told you I want to be a part of this, not that damn brewery.” Jaewon explained to his brother.

Ki- combed his hair with his fingers, a trait he shares with his brother.

“Fine. Guard Jennie Kim. She’s not included in the deal with Kwon Jiyong, but I think it’s better that we do. Check what she’s doing, and who she’s talking to. Observe her surroundings and do everything discreetly. She should not know about you. Do you understand?”

Jaewon smiled proudly to his brother. “Yes.”

 

--------

 

“I’m shadowing Jennie.” Jaewon hunched on a corner when Hanbin caught him following them inside the campus.

“What the hell that does mean?” Hanbin asked him. Jennie just got to her next class when he saw Jaewon running through the bushes following her.

“Damn it. You’re making me fail my audition, man.” Jaewon

“Audition? You better set things straight, Jaewon or I’ll...I don’t know, maybe hurt you?” Hanbin looked and felt puzzled.

“. Ok, I’m...no, it’s my brother, half brother...he’s asked me to guard Jennie. It’s part of a job. A secret job order from his brother.” Jaewon mumbled while rubbing his palm all over his face over and over.

“Kwon Jiyong ordered people to guard Jennie?” Hanbin pieced it together.

“God bless your genius brain. Yes. That’s it. But Jennie shouldn’t know and now you do and if I fail this, I can’t be part of the serious stuff.” That’s when Jaewon realized how bad he started his assignment.

“I won’t tell Jennie if you tell me why she needs to be guarded.”

“I don’t really know a lot about it, but it has something to do with Kim Jaejoong. That’s all I have, man.” This is really not going well for him.

“Who the hell is Kim Jaejoong?” Both Hanbin and Jaewon jumped as Jennie suddenly appeared next to them.

“What are you doing here?” Jaewon asked Jennie.

“You’ve been acting weird, so I followed you.” She told Hanbin.

“And you should be in class.” Hanbin answered back.

“Not after I found out the guy who’s torturing my brother. Who the hell is Kim Jaejoong, Jaewon?” Her eyes piercing through Jaewon’s.

“My brother will kill me.” He muttered as the two dragged him some place else.

 

--------

 

Jiyong got an early morning call from Hayi, saying that the company stockholders have decided to have a meeting with him to address the issues about the Parks, and YGE.

He still have not talked to Mino, and Dara has been out of reach most of the time.

Everyday, he comes to the Enterprise looking steady and unfazed, to help boost the morale of the employees, but in the confines of his office is where everything breaks down.

Jennie has been taking care of him, but the Dungeon needs Dara and the twins back, even Mino’s presence.

H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter