JEALOUSY

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're not listening to me, bub."

Mino broke from his daze. He was busy watching Joohyun as she moved around their kitchen. She was preparing breakfast for her father, and her iPad was perched on a wine rack so she can talk to him.

"I miss you." He told her.

Joohyun sat at a stool in front of the camera and sighed. "Same."

"Say it." Mino kept staring at her eyes.

"I love you, bub." She breathlessly claimed.

Mino closed his eyes, relishing the truth in her spoken words. "I love you too, bae. And I ing miss you so much."

They shared a quiet moment, just looking at each other, until the toaster indicated that the bread is all crusty and ready.

 

Joohyun then smiled and stood up to continue going around the kitchen.

"I haven't talked to Suzy yesterday. Is she ok? I think her phone is off." Joohyun said as she was busy pouring coffee in a mug. She has her back against Mino, not noticing the sudden change of expression on his face.

After Suzy told him that she's afraid of Jaejoong, he knew something is off. He tried to ask her for details, but she just sobbed harder. She decided to stay at home, but never said a word again. That left him thinking of worse things inside his head.

 

"Bub!"

Joohyun's voice shook him back to his senses again. "Are you ok?"

"Sorry. I just had a tiring day at work. What was your question again?" He tried to smile back to her.

"When's the last time you saw Suzy?" She said while sitting back down on the stool in front of the camera.

"Last night. But she was already inside the room so I did not bother talking to her." He said casually.

"She's warming up on you. She told me that you have been taking care of her so well." She smiled sweetly at him, beaming with sincerity.

"Hey dad!" Joohyun suddenly stood up. Mino braced himself, as Jungnam peeked in front of the camera.

"Oh, I thought it was the silly girl." He laughed lightly upon seeing Mino.

"Good morning, sir. How are you feeling right now?" Mino asked. He's had the chance to casually talk to him, but he barely recognizes him everytime they meet.

"I slept well. Now I'm hungry." He looked around searching for Joohyun.

"No breakfast yet, Baechu?" The old man asked her. Mino smiled at the mention of Joohyun's childhood nickname.

"I'm fixing you a plate now." She told him.

A doorbell buzzed, and Joohyun walked past the kitchen counter. Someone came in, and by the sound of Joohyun's cheerful tone, it must be a new friend in the neighborhood.

"My daughter's boyfriend is here." Jungnam said as he was talking to the visitor.

Mino smiled at the acknowledgment her father gave him, but that perished when the old man repeated what he said while looking at him.

He was telling him that Joohyun's boyfriend is there with them.

"Minho is my daughter's boyfriend." He said as if it wasn't clear to Mino.

Joohyun rushed to her father. "No, dad. Mino is my boyfriend." Pointing to him, who clearly looked stupid right now.

"I know. Minho is your boyfriend." Her father looked up to the faceless man.

Joohyun looked at him apologetically. "I'm sorry, bub. He's just confused. You share the same name as his doctor."

"Oh, is that Dara noona's friend?" He tried to brush off the issue.

"Yes. Dr. Choi Minho." She was blushing, and maybe because the doctor is in front of her.

"I got you chicken and waffles. Thursday, right?" A man's voice spoke from behind the kitchen counter.

Mino frowned. How come this guy knows about Joohyun's breakfast? And why is he bringing her breakfast? Damn it.

"Dr. Choi, I'd like you to meet my boyfriend, Mino. Song Mino." Joohyun's proud introduction made him smirk as the doctor made his way in front of the camera.

What the heck. This guy looks handsome! Why does Dara noona have to bring a handsome doctor to Joohyun's life?<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter