SIBLING RIVALRIES

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun was staring blankly outside the window when she got a video call from Mino.

As soon as his face popped on the screen, her tears started to fall down.

"Bub…" Her voice was shaking, Seunghyun told her what happened to Jennie.

"Bae, I'm so sorry. I should have been there with you." Mino looked troubled just the same.

Joohyun did not even remember what happened just the other night.

"I'm fine, bub. I'm not hurt. It was just a random attack." She tried to convince him, and herself too. No one has given her any conclusive statements about the attack.

"How is your father?" Mino asked.

"He's a bit shaken. His blood pressure went up, but Dr. Choi visited to check on him." She was surprised to see the good doctor as soon as they arrived at Bom and Seunghyun's house.

"That's good to know." Mino said in a hushed voice.

 

"Mino, how's...Jennie?" She really wanted to know her condition. Her heart broke when Seunghyun casually brought it up during lunch. The couple had no idea about her close relationship with her, that's why they both looked surprised when she started crying upon hearing the story.

"She's recovering now. Her mom is with her at the moment. As soon as I get the chance to visit her, I'll let you know so you can talk to her."

Joohyun sighed in relief. "Thank you, bub. I appreciate it."

"Joohyun, have you talked to Suzy?" Mino suddenly asked her.

"I did, actually. She called me this morning. I'll probably try to call her again later." She told her boyfriend.

She wasn't sure if it's just the poor connection, or Mino just frowned.

"Is everything ok there, bub?"

His face broke into a smile, but it still felt odd.

"We're all trying to be ok here, bae. I wish I can hold you right now. You have no idea how much I need you beside me."

There was a hint of sadness and fear in his voice that made her chest tighten. "I know, Mino. I wish I could be there for you too."

 

After a minute of solitude, Mino started asking about their move to San Francisco. Their conversation ended after an hour.

 

Joohyun then tried to call Suzy.

 

It's been weeks since she last called her on video, and she actually missed her.

She was surprised to see her looking thin and worn out, but she kept it to herself.

She has not told her about the attack. She figured Suzy needed to keep her head in recovering.

She did mention to her that they're moving to San Francisco. She didn't ask questions, and to be honest, something seemed off about her tone.

 

"Hi Suz!"

She kept on hiding her face from the camera and she didn't want her to be bothered.

"Unnie. Why did you call?"

"Do I need a reason? I missed you, my little sister." Joohyun beamed at her and she smiled back.

"How's the move? How's dad?" She asked, looking sincerely concerned.

"Everything's fine. I'm actually more concerned about things there."

Suzy looked terrified. "What do you mean? Everything's ok here, unnie. We're fine."

Joohyun frowned. "Have you been locked inside the house? When did you last talk to Mino?"

Her face looked more surprised. "Why, why would I talk to him? We don't see much. Just when he gets my groceries."

"Oh, ok then. I guess that's why you seem unaware of what happened to Jennie." She told her, slightly feeling off about her sudden burst.

"What happened to the little ?" Suzy smirked. That calmed her down a bit. Her sister still has it. Although, considering Jennie's situation…

"Jennie got drugged last night, Suz. She's in the hospital right now. I just got off a call from Mino and he said she's recovering-"

"Drugged? She was drugged?" Suzy paled in front of the camera.

Joohyun realized that this must be a trigger for her. "She's doing fine now."

"Tell me what happened. I need to know." Suzy sounded firm.

Joohyun considered it at first, but the look on her sister's face tugged at her chest.

"Jennie and Hanbin were at a house party and someone got a hold of her. They tried to take her away, but Hanbin and another friend were able to stop them. Apparently, she overdosed. They were able to bring her to the hospital right away."

Suzy blinked away a tear and inhaled deep. "I need to talk to Mino. I'll call you back later, ok? Tell dad I love him."

Joohyun almost got

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter