GOING UNDER

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun sighed as she saw Junhoe’s car parked outside.

“Good morning, noona!” Junhoe greeted him. She smiled back at him as she reached for the front seat. Junhoe was just about to open the door for the backseat.

“You’re not my driver, Junhoe. I’ll sit here beside you.” She smiled as she got in. The assistant ran to the driver’s seat and started the engine.

“Master Song wanted you to have this too.” He handed her a lunch bag. Mino called him earlier telling her that something came up and he needs to head straight to the Enterprise.

“Thank you, Junhoe. I’m sorry Mino is asking you to do all these boyfriend duties for him.” She let the lunch bag sit on her lap as she looked straight ahead.

“How about you reward me with a kiss, noona?” Junhoe glanced at her with a foolish smile on his face. She knew he was just kidding, but she tried to look offended at him.

He suddenly stopped smiling and worry flooded his face. “I’m just kidding, noona. Please don’t get me fired. I love my job. I love Master Song.”

Joohyun then broke into a laugh. “I know, Junhoe. Thank you for taking care of him for me too.”

 

********

 

Mino ran to the board room as soon as he heard the news. There is no way Taehyun would have done what those guys at EE are accusing him.

He looked around and saw his brother massaging his temples, his dress shirt askew, as if he dressed himself inside his car.

Taehyun sat in front of Taeyeon, Junmyeon and another guy. Chaerin was also there, checking on piles of documents he realized were official summons for his friend.

 

“There is no way Taehyun would do that, Kwon sajangnim.” He addressed his brother.

He looked up with fire in his eyes. “Why are you here?”

Taehyun smiled back at Mino, and he knows he was just masking his true emotions. Certain documents about failed Chinese transactions with SM Industries were released to the public anonymously, and Junmyeon was quick to point on Taehyun, citing his past misdoings at YGE.

Mino knows he had nothing to do with it, because Taehyun only did that before as a personal attack to him. With his relationship with Wendy, it’s impossible for this guy to ruin everything he has now.

 

Chaerin dropped the papers and addressed the guy in front of her. “We will prepare the necessary paperworks in his defense, unless you agree to discuss this openly now.”

Taeyeon glanced at Jiyong, and Mino knows that they are both in conflict.

“There is nothing to talk about here. Nam Taehyun recently walked through our database when he fixed another glitch for BP. One of our guys accidentally gave him the access codes for the information that were leaked in public. There were other codes protecting those contracts, but I guess this one here found his way, just like he did with YGE.” Junmyeon snarled at Taehyun, while addressing Jiyong.

“Isn’t it weird that you’ve perfectly set up this wonderful plot, pretty boy?” Taehyun asked him.

“Did you do it, Nam Taehyun?” Jiyong leaned closer.

The crazy kid slowly looked at Mino and then to his brother. “I did not do it, Kwon sajangnim.”

 

Taeyeon stood up. She looked down at Jiyong and shook her head.

“We’re leaving, Kwon. We’ll let our lawyers discuss.”

Taehyun stopped Junmyeon, and Mino stood behind them. “I did not do it, and you know that. But I wouldn’t deny sending your online purchases of ographic materials using SMI’s private accounts. I sent the email to your HR before this meeting and to all of your office mates at EE. Good luck explaining that, man. you.”

Junmyeon’s eyes were in shock as he head out. Taehyun grabbed Mino’s arm and he knew he was about to break down.

 

“Hyung, I’m dropping Blackpink. I shouldn’t have stayed here. I know people will not be able to forget what I did before, but thank you for giving me another chance.” Taehyun told them when everyone else have already left the room.

Mino turned to him. “No. Don’t do this, Nam.”

“Your brother has done so many things for me despite what I did to your company. I’ve already gained forgiveness from Jennie and you. I’m leaving now.” He insisted.

“What are you going to do now?” Mino asked his friend.

“I don’t know. But I’ve been thinking of starting my own business. Make use of my brilliance for my own gain, you know.”

“I’ll help you.” Mino told him.

“No. I need to do this for myself. This is it, hyung. Thank you for everything. That case with SMI is nothing. They will look stupid after finding out that hackers have their own signature codes, and they have never seen mine on their piece of evidence. It’s just that dumb guy’s words against me. After that, I’m cutting my ties with YGE.”

 

Mino can only nod in agreement. Maybe it’s really time to let go now.

 

********

 

Joohyun was preparing to leave work earlier than she did in the past few days. She wanted to surprise Mino with dinner.

She dropped by the market to buy ingredients for kimchijiggae, using Il-gook’s recipe. He gave both of them some kimchi, which Mino really loved.

As soon as she got inside Mino’s home, she started to prepare the ingredients. Her phone rang and she put the call on loud speaker.

 

“Is this Bae Joohyun?”

Joohyun checked the number of the caller and saw that it’s unregistered.

“Who is this?” She asked.

 

She dropped the knife she was holding upon hearing that the call was from the police.

“You were named by Bae Suji as her guardian. She was just booked for use of and we need you to come here.”

Joohyun cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter