TRAPPED

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another tiring day. No, a week.

 

Joohyun got out of the cab, with takeaway food for dinner. It’s a quiet Friday night, and she just wants to rest the entire weekend. A pamper session sounds inviting all of a sudden.

Maybe she can call Jennie about it. Maybe she can hang out with her again and probably bump with her brother. Maybe he can fulfill his offered lunch date to her.

Date? Stop it, Joohyun. That man is dangerous.

 

She was lost in her thoughts when her landlady stopped her.

“Joohyun-ssi, I’m really sorry.”

“Why? What’s wrong, Mrs. Jung?” This doesn’t feel right.

“You have to leave your unit now.” The old lady couldn’t look at her.

Joohyun felt her knees give way. All she wanted is to have a good rest, and now she’s being kicked out of her own place.

“Why? I’ve paid all my rent on time, Mrs. Jung. Did someone complain about anything? That unit next to me is the one who’s making all the ruckus on weekends.”

But the old lady looked guilty. Something definitely is going on. Then her heart started to beat fast. Did they find her?

“Someone paid to get that unit, Joohyun-ssi. I will return your rent for this month. The new owner would like you to leave now.”

Her hands started shaking. They did find her.

 

“Who paid you? I need a name, Mrs. Jung.”

“I did.”

Joohyun didn’t have to turn around to see who it is.

“Let’s go home now, unnie.”

 

********

 

Joohyun dashed back to her place. The girl kept calling her but she just wanted to ignore everything.

“Unnie!” She called back and grabbed her arm.

“Let me go. I don’t know who you are.” She kept walking and went inside her home.

She kept herself busy and went to the kitchen. The girl kept talking to her but she just pretended not to hear her.

“Please, Irene unnie. Let’s go home now.”

“Can you let me eat in silence, Suzy?” She snapped back to her sister.

 

Suzy shut and sat opposite her who is now eating a whole lot of things. It makes her feel sick.

“Stop scrunching your face like that.” Joohyun stared at her.

“What are you even eating, unnie?”

“It’s called food, Suji. Right, I forgot you stopped eating years ago.” She rolled her eyes and stuffed with a huge chunk of pig trotter, her eyes never leaving her sister’s face.

“I eat food, Irene. They just don’t look like this.” She already dropped the unnie. She’s back to her old self.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter