SECRETS CLUB

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie was trying to fight her sleepiness as she barely had two hours of sleep from the party last night. Actually, her secret project is what kept her awake til dawn. Unlike the other guests, she stayed up tapping on her laptop while wearing her sparkly dress and eating cake on her bed.

 

“Are you ok, Jen?” Yeri asked her.

It’s almost their lunch break, and she just wanted to doze off during that time.

“I just need a nap. Thanks, Yeri.” She smiled at her.

 

As soon as the clock strike 12, Jen used her arms as her pillow to give herself a quick nap.

But her nose suddenly smelled the scent of beef bulgogi. Joohyun was eating on her desk, as she takes the time to double check her report for the meeting this afternoon.

Yeri was also eating at her desk, gambas and pineapple fried rice. Jennie suddenly felt hungrier instead.

 

Joohyun saw her looking at them and offered her a portion of her food. She took the cover of her takeaway and gave it to her.

“No, unnie. I’ll just drop by the cafeteria later.” She bowed at Joohyun.

“Don’t be silly, take it. I won’t be able to finish this anyway.” Her sunbae smiled at her.

Jennie took the food she offered and immediately had a bite. It tasted just as good as she imagined, and quite familiar.

“Where did you get this? This is delicious.” Jen couldn’t help but ask her.

Yeri also placed a piece of shrimp on her plate. “Try that one too.”

Jennie loved the sweet and spicy kick of the shrimp and it made her miss home all of a sudden.

“Unnie and I got this from the handsome guy's bistro a couple of blocks away from here. Joohyun unnie is their favorite customer.” Yeri started yapping and that made Joohyun blush a little.

“That’s not true, Yeri.” She tried to hide her grin as she chewed on her meal.

Jennie seemed to be enjoying her lunch, and she really wanted to thank the two for feeding her.

“Let’s have dinner there tonight. My treat.”

 

********

 

Their meeting ended and Joohyun got complimented again with her thorough presentation.

Her boss, Kim Taeyeon, asked her to stay behind after the meeting.

“You’ve been doing so well, Joohyun. Please, keep it up.” She offered her a handshake.

Joohyun have always admired her boss, who she considers her role model.

Her heart is bursting from happiness, and she just want to relish the fact that she’s being recognized by her personally.

“I’m lucky to have a supportive team with me, Ms. Kim.” She bowed at her.

“I’ve heard you’re one of the departments who received an intern this time.” Joohyun was glad that Taeyeon seemed interested to have a chat with her.

“She actually helped a lot in this presentation, too, Ms. Kim. That Song Jennie is really a brilliant kid.”

Taeyeon’s smile slowly turned into a frown. “Song Jennie?”

Joohyun looked confused. Did she know Jennie? “Yes, Ms. Kim. That’s my intern. Do you know her?”

Taeyeon grabbed her phone and smiled at her. She was turning to leave now. “Probably not, I just thought her name sounded familiar. Anyway, I have to go now. Keep it up, Bae Joohyun.”

 

Taeyeon called for her assistant. “Can you ask the HR department to send me the files for intern Song Jennie?”

 

********

 

Jennie left with Joohyun and Yeri to have dinner at that interesting bistro the younger kid can’t stop talking about.

“Unnie, Joy and Seulgi will join us too.” Yeri was checking her phone. After that elevator incident, Yeri has become friends with the other girls. She even made a group chat with them, but Joohyun wasn’t actually actively participating as they only talk about the guys most of the time.

 

It’s true that she first discovered the bistro because she can’t cook for herself in the morning, but what made her keep from coming back to that place is actually their resident cook. She started having a crush on him, as soon as their eyes first met from behind the curtain.

She would always see him peeking through that curtain to check if his customers are satisfied. She can’t help but admire the handsome guy who’s very passionate about his restaurant and his diners.

 

They reached the front of the bistro and Jennie started to panic.

Yeri dragged her inside and saw that the other girls are already giving their orders to a guy she luckily haven’t met before.

Jennie greeted the other ladies as she chose a seat with her back against the counter.

She took out her phone and excused herself to the ladies room first. She had her face down when she bumped to someone along the way.

 

“Sorry-”

“Jen?”

 

Jennie looked up and saw Seungyoon. She grabbed his arm and hid at a corner.

“What are you doing here? Do you want to see Mino?” He asked her.

“No, oppa. Please don’t tell my brother I’m here. I’m in the middle of something really really important. Please pretend that you don’t know me. I’ll tell you everything later.” Jennie pleaded and Yoon looked strangely at her.

“Ok, I guess.” The doctor answered her.

 

She quietly made her way back to her seat when a guy named Donghyuk asked for her order.

“I’ll just have an order of fish and chips, and beer.” She ordered without looking at the menu.

The other girls find that weird, but no one pointed it out.

 

True to his word, Seungyoon made sure Mino did not see or know that Jennie is at the bistro.

Mino was busy anyway. He looked up as it seemed like Joohyun and her friends are ready to leave. He was about to go out for a smoke himself, when he heard Seunghoon coming in.

 

“Oh, you’ve b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter