NOT JUST ANOTHER GIRL

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun laid awake on one of the many rooms of the Kwon mansion.

It was a little unnerving to make that call but she also knows that there’s no way Suzy would find her here.

She was actually surprised when Jennie pulled up in her Bentley to fetch her at the cafe she was camping in.

If only her sister would be as sweet and caring as Jennie.

 

But Suzy was actually a good girl. She used to be.

She misses her sister.

 

********

 

“I missed my sister.”

 

Mino grinned at his brother with baby Dami in his arms. Jiyong was a bit surprised that he’s here this early.

“I just ended my shift at the bistro so I went straight here. The plumbing at my place is under construction, so you have me for the weekend. Still have to discuss some things with Jen too.”

“Look at Uncle Mino, baby. He’s becoming a responsible man now. Yey!” Jiyong rocked Dami gently while holding her tiny hand. Dami cooed back at him and that made both of them giggle like little boys.

“Where’s your brother, baby?” Mino talked to the other twin with a pout.

But Dami started crying and that startled Jiyong. “Damn it, Mino.”

Mino laughed at the panicked look on his brother’s face. The most powerful man in the country just met his match.

“Watch your language in front of the baby, hyung.”

 

He walked out of the patio and went straight to the kitchen. It smelled like bacon and eggs in there, Jennie’s usual breakfast choices.

Seems like she’s up early too. “Hey ugly, give your oppa a cup of coffee here.”

He leaned at the kitchen counter with a silly grin on his face.

 

Wrong move.

 

********

 

Joohyun woke up early. It’s not like she had a good sleep anyway.

 

She still feels bad about meeting Suzy, and getting kicked out of her place.

Jennie told her that Jiyong and Dara usually have their breakfast at the patio, so she can come down to the kitchen without any worries.

As for Jennie, she usually wakes up for brunch.

Joohyun carefully walked down to the kitchen and was greeted by Aunt Minjung. She met her last night too, when she was ushered to her room.

“Good morning, Aunt Minjung.”

The old lady turned to see her, a cup of tea on her hand. “Did you get a good sleep, dear? You woke up a bit early.”

“I did. The bed is actually so comfortable that I instantly fell asleep.” She lied.

 

“Ah, but your eyes say otherwise.” She looked at her like she’s always been a part of her life, like her own daughter.

“I guess I’ve been stressed that much.” Joohyun did not want her to worry.

“You kids are too young to be stressed in life. You’re all the same - Jiyong, Jennie, even Mino.”

Joohyun almost forgot that Mino also used to live here. Good thing he doesn’t stay here, or else she would not have chosen to call Jennie at all.

Or maybe not.

 

“I should prepare breakfast now.” The old lady snapped back.

“Can I help you with anything?” She may not be as good as Chef Song, but she’s pretty decent in the kitchen.

“No need, dear.”

But she feels uneasy just standing there waiting to be fed. “I’ll get the coffee brewing.”

She went straight to the cupboards looking for the coffee beans before Aunt Minjung can stop her.

“Do you know how to use that?” Their coffee maker is actually the same make as what usual cafes have.

“I used to work at a cafe before Aunt Minjung. This is fine.” She smiled brightly at her.

 

They spent chatting over random things in the kitchen when she heard someone talk behind her.

 

That voice.

Damn it.

 

“Hey ugly, give your oppa a cup of coffee here.”

She definitely knows who owns that voice. Her hand started shaking. Did he mistake her as Jennie? Will she give him coffee? Will she answer back?

 

She panicked, but her hands started pouring coffee for him.

Thank heavens for Aunt Minjung because she spoke for her instead.

“Mino! Don’t be rude to our guest.”

 

She turned to see Mino. His frown looked adorable as he realized his mistake.

“Good morning, Chef Song.”

“Joohyun?”

“She’s Jennie’s guest.” Aunt Minjung started setting the kitchen counter for breakfast.

“I know her, Aunt Minjung.” He whispered back at the old lady.

“So stop being rude. Why did you call her ugly? She’s a very pretty lady. Helped me with breakfast too.” She stared back to reprimand him.

“I thought she was Jennie!” Mino explained in a small voice.

“Stop calling your sister ugly. She’s not.” Aunt Minjung ruffled his hair.

 

Joohyun finds that little scene between the two adorable. She cleared as she set the coffee cup in front of Mino.

“Sorry about that. I thought you’re Jennie.” He smiled like a little boy. She wanted to pinch his cheeks, but that’s too much for them. Wait, are they friends?

“It’s fine. My sister calls me ugly all the time too.” Now she’s opening up to him?

“Well, I think me and your sister would not get along.” Mino winked at her.

 

He winked. She was not imagining it.

 

“Here’s your breakfast now, dear. Will you eat too, Mino?” Aunt Minjung asked him under her specs.

“Yes, Auntie.”

 

Damn it.

 

She tried to eat as normal as she can, but Mino kept looking at her. This is getting out of hand. The kitchen counter is also too narrow for them. She can easily see his lashes when he blinks.

 

Why does he blink in slow motion, anyway? Or is it just her?

 

Damn it.

 

********

 

Mino is enjoying his view. He’s actually not hungry, but he just wanted to watch her eat.

Wait, is that weird?

He looked down and felt his hands getting cold despite the fact that he’s holding a cup of hot coffee.

 

Damn it.

 

He pretended to stifle a yawn as he stretched his arms. “Ahhhh. I better get some sleep now. See you around, noona.”

She just nodded her head at him, and he was glad to have made an excuse to leave the kitchen.

He was about to open his room, when his feet dragged him to the other room.

 

“Jen, Jen, Jennie!” He kept on calling hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter