THE GOOD GIRLS

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong paced inside his disheveled office. His laptop, along with the rest of his desk's content are shattered on the floor. His temper flared when YGE dropped them in exchange for Mino and his friend's company.

"That little . I didn't know he has it in him." He snarled at his friend, Junsu.

"I thought we already broke him with all the bad press surrounding him, but that kid is something else, considering he's only half a Kwon." His friend answered back.

"I want to break him apart. Call Suzy. We need something bigger than a secret relationship. I want a scandal. Something that would break his character. His business will not survive it, and YGE will regret choosing them instead of us." Jaejoong stood in front of his other friend, Yoochun.

"That's actually the problem. Suzy has been off our radar for two weeks now." Yoochun told him, as he braced for Jaejoong's anger to rise up further.

"What?! She won't bail on us, or worse, she won't talk on us! We have her sister as a collateral." He raged on.

"Do you want me to shake her up? I can drop by her place." Junsu offered.

"No, I want her to realize she can't run away from me. I need to shake her sister up. That will remind her. And as it seems, this will break Mino too." Jaejoong went to grab his phone and call someone.

 

"How about our other plan?" Yoochun asked him.

"I'm looking forward to that." He answered.

 

--------

 

Joohyun was busy washing the dishes after lunch when someone buzzed outside. After quickly drying up her hands, she ran to greet whoever is on the other side of the door.

She was greeted by an Asian guy smiling at her, rice cakes in hand.

"I've heard from the other neighbors that you're Korean." The guy said as he handed the treats to her.

"Did you just move in?" She politely asked.

"Last night." The guy simply answered. It took Joohyun some time to realize that tattoos are peeking from his long-sleeved shirt, which is confusing in itself because it's too hot outside.

The guy noticed her looking at him and he smirked. "Do you live alone?"

She suddenly felt chills down her spine. "I'm with my father."

The guy nodded and started to step back. "I'll go ahead now. Nice talking to you, Joohyun."

He then ran away, before Joohyun ever had the chance to ask how come he knows her name.

A sudden realization made her close the door immediately. No one in the neighborhood knows about her Korean name.

 

--------

 

Mino shifted his feet one after the other as he tried to control his nerves. He needs to coax Suzy into talking.

Jiyong sat on the couch as he knocked on Suzy's room.

"Suzy. Let's talk."

A faint whimper sounded followed by a sob.

"No."

"You can't stay inside that room forever, Suzy." He answered back.

"I can." She insisted.

Mino looked at his brother who has decided to do the talking now.

"Suzy." Jiyong knocked.

Silence fell inside the room.

"We're not here to interrogate you. We just want to talk." He knocked again.

The door creaked to open a portion as Suzy's bloodshot eyes greeted them. She looked disoriented, and Mino felt bad for her.

"You're not supposed to be here, Mr. Kwon."

"Why?" Jiyong asked, keeping his distance from her.

"What if they see you here? They'll hurt my sister!" She started crying again.

Jiyong stepped back. "I won't let that happen, I promise."

Her eyes glowed despite her indifference towards them. Her hands let go of the door, and Mino ushered her outside the room and into the kitchen.

 

"I'll cook something up and then we'll talk, ok?" He asked her. She lost almost half her weight and Mino couldn't bear seeing her like this. He'd rather hear her than see her weeping like this.

Jiyong stayed mum while Mino tried to relax Suzy. He joined their lunch and was pondering on how to start off the conversation.

When they're all fed up and Suzy's stance has become better, Mino started skimming through the topic.

 

"Have you talked to Joohyun? She's worried about you."

Suzy nodded. "No video calls. I don't want her to see me like this."

Mino felt that pain again, and the guilt of pushing Suzy into this. But they need answers.

"Are you ok to talk now?" He asked her.

She slowly nodded. "I'll talk. I'll tell you everything you need to know, but I won't stand up against Jaejoong."

"What do you mean?" Jiyong asked.

"If worse comes to worst, I won't stand up in court against him. That's my deal."

Mino exchanged looks with his brother. "It's better than nothing at all."

"It's a deal, Suzy." Jiyong promised.

 

"Tell us everything." Mino prompted, giving her hand an encouraging squeeze.

 

"I met his friend, Junsu, in Japan. He's friends with my ex husband. When I came here, he introduced me to his girlfriend, Hani. I found out that they were distributing party drugs in Seoul. I was trying to sober up that time, so I only hung out with them for company but I know how they make their transactions inside the clubs owned by Park Yoochun. When Hani broke up with him, I stopped hanging out with Junsu. After a month, he asked me to meet his friend, Jaejoong. I actually had a thing with him for a while, but it's purely casual. That changed when he started asking about my family, and he was very interested about Joohyun."

 

Mino felt his chest tighten as his hand gripped the corner of the dining table firmly.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter