Part 87

DESTINY

"Stop staring at me. It's getting creepy" Hyunwoo said as he pulled his blanket over his body.

"I think we should go to the hospital" Kihyun replied, unconsciously rubbing his 28 weeks baby bump - walking to his husband. "You look like you are going to faint. Is it okay for you to go to sleep? Wouldn't it make you feel worst?" he asked as he took a seat on his husband's bed.

"There's nothing they can do anyway. It's not like I am sick. I am like this because of my couvade symptom" Hyunwoo replied with his eyes closed. "Don't say you are sorry. I am glad I actually can do something to ease your pregnancy journey this time. Also, I like that I can see your pregnancy glow this time" he added, knowing very well how his wife is feeling about him.

"It usually only happens in the early stage of pregnancy though. You had this when I was pregnant with the triplet. Just briefly. Do you remember?" Kihyun replied as he gently patted his husband's back as if he putting him to sleep.

"I do. We both thought it was the side effect of the bus explosion" Hyunwoo smiles a little. "Don't worry much about me. I am okay" he continued.

After making sure Hyunwoo has fallen asleep, Kihyun carefully gets off the bed. He makes his way to the backyard where the others are preparing for their monthly barbeque - enjoying the barbeque is more accurate. Kihyun must have gone for too long.

"Is he asleep?" Minhyuk asked when he sees Kihyun coming to them and pushing Hoseok away to make space for Kihyun to sit next to him.

Kihyun thanked Hoseok before he take a seat. "Yes, hopefully, he can sleep well tonight. I just notice the mark on his hand. Something happened at work yesterday?"

"He's taking nutrition shots. No worries" Minhyuk casually answered.

"How can I not worry? There is nothing he can eat. He can't sleep either. Where would he get the energy to work?" Kihyun replied as he starts preparing a meat wrap for himself. He takes a look at the children's table, Kang Insung and Owen Grey are there - attending to each child attentively. "Every time I look at them, I have this feeling I can't describe in words"

"Who?" Changkyun asked.

"Owen and Insung" Kihyun answered before he stuffed himself with the meat wrap he made. His answer made the others turn to look at the duo.

"I have a feeling that they are going to fall in love with each other soon" Jooheon mumbles.

"Insung is straight. So does Owen" Hoseok commented.

"I thought I was straight before I met Changkyun" Jooheon replied.

"You pick up people feeling and make an evaluation on how it will develop. Spill the tea" Changkyun said to Hyungwon.

"All I know is Owen is not ready to return to society. He's full of insecurities and self-doubt. Insung is his support system" Hyungwon casually replied. He never really gives a deep thought about Owen and Insung's relationship.

"Insung works for Owen's father. I bet Insung is the only one who has seen how Owen really is before he got mentally manipulated" Kihyun commented. "Do you think he will ever go back to how he was before he come to Korea?"

Hyungwon shrugged. "Owen can't really remember how he is before the incident. But, he is still who he is... still as talented as how he was before he come here and get his personality ruined. The company improves a lot with him as the leader. I made a great choice trusting him with the company"

"I still can't believe that you let everything go," Hoseok said.

"Same here. I would at least take the trust fund your parents created for you if I were you" Minhyuk added.

"I was thinking to take something for myself. But, then I found what I have searching for" Hyungwon simply commented before he stand up and left the table - Chessa is crying and knowing how sensitive the girl was these days, Hyungwon as her favourite person need to take action ASAP.

"I didn't know he was searching for something," Minhyuk said. "Do you know what he was searching for?" he ask no one in particular.

"I think he didn't mean a thing, like literally a thing. I think what he means is a closure to his past" Hoseok guessed.

"Agree!" Jooheon said. "Though it all happened too fast, he met his family again. The family he left and the family he missed" he added while taking a quick look at Changkyun and Kihyun. "He got a new heart too" he whispered for no reason.

They all ended up focusing on the children's table - looking at Hyungwon who seem a little occupied with soothing Chessa.

"I think we raise Chessa to be a picky one" Hoseok commented.

"She probably gets that from me. Sorry," Minhyuk casually replied.

"Is it bad that every time I look at Insung I would remember he was framed for murder once?" Changkyun asked. "I mean rather than thinking of him as an ex-convict, I would just randomly think about his conviction. Murder. Does he have the drive to actually do it?" he added as Hyungwon returned to his seat.

Hyungwon shakes his head. "Kang Insung's brain construction is a little weird. He doesn't have the capacity to act violent at all"

"Honestly, I was wondering about the same too. I mean he grows up behind the bar. Who knows what kind of people he has met in there?" Hoseok said.

"I am proud that despite growing up behind the bar he still sees this world on the bright side" Kihyun said.

"It's weird. Although not all, most people who have gone through tough times are always the kindness" Minhyuk said as he wrap his arms over Hoseok shoulder. "Some are just born kind, like you" he winked. 

Hoseok just smiles.

Later that night, Kihyun goes to check on his husband after putting the boys to sleep. When he pushes the door open, he sees Hyunwoo awake - sitting upright on his bed, working on something on his tablet.

"Are you working?" Kihyun asked.

"Not really" Hyunwoo answered as he put away his tablet. He gestures for his wife to come closer.

Kihyun enters the room, and carefully climbs his husband's bed. He repositions the pillow on Hyunwoo's side and carefully leans against it, using the bed head to rest his neck.

"Did you have fun at the barbeque?" Hyunwoo asked, after waiting patiently for his wife to get comfortable on the bed.

"Yup. As usual. After eating, we play UNO. It was so chaotic" Kihyun answered. "Henry offers to help with the nursery. He said just give him a call, and he will come to help"

Hyunwoo looks down at his wife's baby bump. "Do you think it really only one this time?"

"I think so. I don't really feel much movement this time. I am barely showing either" Kihyun answered as he cover his baby bump with his palm. "Why didn't you tell me about the shot?" he suddenly asked.

"This?" Hyunwoo asked as he pointed at the bruises on his arms. "I guess, I forgot. It's nothing though. Just something to help with my dehydration and all"

"You are losing too much weight. I am not used to seeing you this weak either" Kihyun replied.

"Stop worrying about me. Just focus on this little one" Hyunwoo said as he rubs the baby bump gently. "Did this little one bother you today?"

Kihyun shakes his head.

"Do you mind if I play with the little one a bit?" Hyunwoo asked.

Kihyun shakes his head again. He smiles as he watches his husband repositioning himself to match his baby bump. While listening to Hyunwoo randomly talking to the baby inside his belly, something crosses Kihyun's mind. "Should we pick a nickname?"

Hyunwoo looks up at Kihyun.

"We didn't know the baby's gender since the baby is too shy to show us. We can find something genderless" Kihyun suggested.

"Do you have something in mind?" Hyunwoo asked as he rested his head on his wife's lap.

"Jelly bean? I am kinda into them these days" Kihyun said.

"I don't think the baby like it. I just got a kick on my ears" Hyunwoo replied.

"I feel that too" Kihyun giggles.

"Dal? It generally means moon but it is also used to address the dried split pulses... lentils, beans, and peas, those things do not need soaking before cooking. Like jelly bean" Hyunwoo suggested.

Kihyun smiles wider when he feels a flutter in his belly. "I think that's a yes"

"Dal," Hyunwoo said gently.

Another flutter.

"Dal..." Kihyun repeated, "... it sounds good enough to be this little one birth name" he commented.

"Sang Wook probably has a different idea" Hyunwoo replied as he sat up. "Let me give you a massage," he said as he starts massaging his wife's legs.

*****************

"Do you think we need to move?" Kihyun asked as he waddle around the living room, walking back and forth - trying to calm down his excited baby in his 32 weeks belly.

"Why?" Hyunwoo asked without looking at his wife. Too focused colouring with the triplets.

"Sang Wook has his own room. Dal has its own nursery. The triplets are sharing" Kihyun explained.

"Hyunsoo. Hyunki. Hyunsik" Hyunwoo called to get his son's attention. "Do you want to sleep in your own room or do you like to share with each other?" he asked.

"I want to sleep with Sang Wook's hyung" Hyunsoo answered.

"I want to sleep with Mama" Hyunsik answered.

"I want to sleep with Papa" Hyunki answered.

"Guess, Dal will have no roommates" Hyunwoo jokes.

Kihyun laughed a little. "Dal probably has one hidden in here," he said as he rubs his baby bump.

"Is Dal moving too much or are you having Braxton hicks?" Hyunwoo asked. Suddenly sound concerned.

"Dal is moving too much" Kihyun answered. "Speaking of which, I kind of worry. I am almost 33 weeks, and yet to feel Braxton hicks"

"Mama sick?" Hyunsik asked, worried.

"No, Dal wanted to play. So, I walk around to play with him" Kihyun answered, not realizing he made a mistake referring to Dal as 'him'.

"Is Dal a boy?" Hyunsoo asked, randomly - making his parents speechless for a moment.

"Why? Do you want a younger brother?" Sang Wook asked as he joins his family in the living room.

"Curious" Hyunsoo replied.

"Are you done with your work?" Hyunwoo asked as Sang Wook take a seat next to him.

"Yes. Insung Hyung will pick them up later" Sang Wook casually answered. He has been working hard to finish the order from his Uncle Owen for the past few days. "Dal refuses to show its gender again?"

Kihyun answered with a simple 'yes' as he take a seat on the couch. Dal is finally calming down. "Guess, we need to wait until Dal comes out"

"It's okay. The nursery is pale green. Dal will like it" Sang Wook said.

"How do you know Dal will like it, hyung?" Hyunsik asked.

"Because I am Sohn Sang Wook. Your brother" Sang Wook answered before he kissed Hyunsik on the forehead, making the other two whines. "Come here. I will kiss you two too" he said as he open his arms for Hyunsoo and Hyunki to come to him.

Hyunwoo turns around to look at his wife. 

"Can you imagine we are going to have four under three years old soon?" Kihyun said.

Hyunwoo just smiles.

***********************

"Why is my daughter looking sad?" Jooheon asked as he come closer to Jinhee who is hiding under her blanket on her bed. He takes a seat on the edge of the bed. When he receives no response, he turns to look at Changkyun who is leaning to the door.

"I woke up this morning because I heard they are fighting" Changkyun explained.

Jooheon who just come home from his night shift just sighed. It is probably because of the hormone, Jinhee and Jinwoo keep fighting with each other these days.

"I will let you guys talk. I will go to Henry" Changkyun continued.

Jooheon just nodded.

Changkyun walks away from Jinhee's room and heads to Jinwoo. The moment he pushes the door open, he receives a "she still mad?" from Jinwoo. Instead of answering, Changkyun joins his son on the floor. They sit next to each quietly for a moment.

"I am sorry Dada" Jinwoo said after a while.

"For what, Henry?" Changkyun asked, trying his best to sound neutral.

"For always getting into a fight with Harriet" Jinwoo answered.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Jinwoo turns to look at his Dada. Wondering if he should talk about what has been bothering him these days.

"I am your Dada, Henry. You can tell me anything" Changkyun encourage the young man.

"Well... actually, I just found out that Harriet's classmate makes fun of her because of her scar. They also make fun that she only has one kidney but has two fathers. It's only verbal for now. So, I told Harriet to try harder. So, others won't be able to talk about her like that" Jinwoo said carefully.

"Try harder?"

"Harriet didn't do well in some of her subjects. She too focused on her baking and art class. I want her to do well academically too. I've been tutoring her. When she complained that I was too hard on her, I got mad... because...." Jinwoo burst into tears. "If we didn't do well, people will blame you and Jojo. People will start questioning our family. I don't want that. I love you Dada" he said while hugging his Dada tightly.

"It's okay, Henry. I am here. Dada is here" Changkyun is speechless. He can only hug Jinwoo tighter hoping for his son to feel safe in his arms.

Meanwhile...

"Henry is smart. He excels in everything he does. I can't be like him. I have different interests than him. When he told me to try harder, I feel like I am stupid" Jinhee said in between sobbing. "But, Henry has a point. My flaw will only be pointing to you and Dada. People will start questioning how you and Dada raise us"

"You are smart, Harriet. Don't ever let yourself trick you to think that you are not" Jooheon replied as he wraps his arms around his daughter. "Remember when I said that no two people will be the same?"

Jinhee nodded.

Jooheon is about to say something when he sees Changkyun show up at the door with teary eyes Jinwoo.

Jinhee turns to look at the door when she notices Jojo is looking at it. She immediately runs to her brother when she saw him standing there. "I am sorry, Henry. I will try harder to be better" she hugged her brother.

"I am sorry for what I have said to you, Harriet. I didn't mean to hurts you" Jinwoo said as he hug his sister back as tight as he can.

Jooheon and Changkyun decided to leave them.

"Should we talk to the teacher?" Changkyun asked. "We need to do something before things get serious" he added.

"I think we should trust them first. But, we will closely monitor them" Jooheon replied as he give his life partner a back hug.

"Are you sure?" Changkyun asked.

"I am sure. I think if we meddle with this now, the other kids will make fun of them more" Jooheon answered. "I may not be a perfect parent, but you can trust me on this" he added.

Changkyun smiles. "Sure. You understand teenagers a lot more than I do" he turns to give Jooheon a kiss, "... clean yourself, and get some sleep. I will take the kids out for some fresh air"

"I wish to cuddle, but you should take the kids out. Their morning started badly... let's not let them have a bad day" Jooheon replied before he kiss Changkyun back.

****************

"Dada... where is this place?" Jinhee asked as she cling to his Dada's arms.

"I want to introduce you two to someone," Changkyun said, his other arm wrapping around Jinwoo's shoulder.

"Who?" Jinwoo asked, curious as he look around the port.

"To my sister. Your auntie" Changkyun said as he stopped at the place where he last see her. "This is where I last saw her alive" he added.

"If you tell me, I would dress better," Jinhee said.

"Don't worry. She is not fashionable either" Changkyun said.

"Is this the first time you returning here?" Jinwoo asked.

"It's my first time to actually stand here. I pass by here a few times" Changkyun answered honestly. "Noona... I bring my children to see you today" he said to the open ocean in front of him.

"Nice to meet you, Auntie" Jinwoo and Jinhee said as they bow to nothing in particular.

After the brief greeting, the three of them just stand there. Quietly. The breeze feels a little weird today. When it touches their skin, it feels as if the wind is embracing them rather than just blowing.