The Big Announcements

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3rd PERSONS POV

 

"What do you mean you're leaving?" Mr. Kwon immediately asked for his presence in his office the moment he received the phone call coming from him. He was upset but he wants to know what came over his mind that he decided to leave. "Is it because of what happened to Jiyong and Dara? We thought..."

 

Shin-yang immediately cut him off by waving his hands. "No, Mr. Kwon. It's not about that. I... I mean we totally understand. In fact, I explained everything to my daughter what's the best thing to do, and fortunately, she obliged. I respect you and your family and we are not the one to break you apart because of that misunderstanding." He explained although, in the back of his head, he isn't sure if what he did to his daughter is the best thing because deep down, he feels awful. He knows how painful it is for his daughter to be away to the person she loves. He knows because he already experienced it with his wife.

 

"Then what is it?" Mr. Kwon pushed with his question, still can't believe that the person he trusted his whole life is about to leave him and his family.

 

Shin-yang bowed his head and tried to find the right words to say. "S-something just came up and... we need to go and attend to it. It's family matters that we have to fix ourselves."

 

"Family Matters? What do you mean? I thought it's just you and Dara since then?"

 

Shin-yang shifted on his seat, feeling uncomfortable with the questions Mr. Kwon has been asking. "Yes, but we still have distant relatives in some other provinces and they needed our help." He lied, praying that he will believe him.

 

Mr. Kwon heaved a deep sigh as he tried to swallow everything in. It still hasn't sunk in his system that he is leaving. "Well, I can't argue with that. If it's about family, I can't stop you even if I don't want you and your daughter to leave."

 

"I'm sorry Mr. Kwon."

 

"Is there anything we can do to help your relatives? That way, there's no need for you to go." Mr. Kwon offered, hoping it will change his mind.

 

"No, Mr. Kwon. As I said, we need to do this by ourselves." He said as he stared at his boss. "We are totally grateful for all the help you gave us but I'm afraid we need to do this. I hope you won't hate us for leaving."

 

"Of course not. Apart from being my employee, you and Dara has been a family to us and will always be." He heaved another deep sigh before he continued. " When are you planning to leave?"

 

"As soon as possible Mr. Kwon."

 

Mr. Kwon was surprised but he can't stop him anymore. He already looks determined and there's no stopping him. "Alright, but at least do me one last favor and attend my son's party."

 

"Party?"

 

Mr. Kwon looks at him intently, battling with himself if he will say it or not. "Yes, his engagement party." He heaved a deep sigh before he continued. "But it's actually up to you. I know it's unethical for me to invite you and Dara because of what happened and I'll understand if you won't go."

 

Shin-yang's eyes rounded as he heard the news. A pang of guilt suddenly hit him as he remembered his daughter and what would she feel when she knew. Even if he's not approved of their relationship, he still feels bad and down for his daughter will experience the same pain he had with her mother. His gaze landed on his boss once again and answered him respectfully. "I'll attend it and perform my duty as head of your security for the last time but I can't say the same for my daughter,"

 

Mr. Kwon nodded in response. They both bathe in silence contemplating the news they both learned from each other and what will happened then.

 

---------------------

 

BOM'S POV

 

Ugh. I'm so freaking tired. My boss isn't here and won't be here until the end of the month and that means two more weeks before my misery will end. I don't know if this is part of my job as an intern because every single one of them is relying on me. ME! Have they forgotten that I'm still a student and knows too little of what I'm doing? Arggg! Where's my Tokki when I need her?

 

As if on cue, my phone suddenly rang and the name of the person I'm dying to see right now appears on my screen. "Tokki-ah!!!" I answered and held on my phone tightly.

 

"Ouch! Why are you yelling?" I heard her on the other line and that made me laugh. I miss teasing her and it's my work's fault why I'm spending little time with her lately.

 

"No reason, or maybe I just miss my rabbit," I said as I scanned my laptop.

 

"Aisht. Anyway, where are you? Aren't you going to eat? It's lunch break already." She asked and that made my eyes bolted to my computer screen to check the time. Shoot! So that's why my tummy keeps growling.

 

"I want to but I can't just leave yet. I still have to finish one report before I can have a break."

 

"What? You're dissing your health Bommie and most importantly, your CORN!" she said as she gives emphasis to the last word. That made me totally crave for it.

 

"I know but what can I do? I have to finish this or else this whole department will go crashing on the ground big time. You know how important your best friend's role here right?" I chuckled and I know she's shaking her head right now even if I don't see her. "Don't worry, I'll eat after this but I'm afraid I won't be able to accompany you again, by that time your break will be over."

 

"No worries, Donghae is on his way here in the cafeteria. He asked if he could join me."

 

"Again? Is he replacing me now?" I asked, sounding upset. Donghae again huh? That boy is getting on my nerves already. I mean, he's also my friend but the strange things he does lately is something I should be worried about most especially for Dara. What is he on about?

 

"There you go again Bommie. It's nothing like that but that will happen if you won't show your face to me every damn time." She said and that made me laugh. "I have to go, he's here already but please eat on time or I'll drag you here with my bare hands."

 

"Neh. Just take care ok? Call me if something's up." I heard her reply before hanging up.

 

I placed down my phone beside my laptop before going back to work. Not a little later, a kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter