The Secret Within a Secret

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

My jaw literally dropped to the floor the moment I saw what's behind the mysterious door. "Oh my God." My hands automatically flew to my mouth as I admire the scene before me.

 

"You like it?" I heard someone asked, pulling me away from my reverie.

 

My tongue got stuck inside my throat as I find it hard to answer him while looking around the place so I just nodded my head repeatedly. We are currently at the building rooftop overlooking the city. Though such scenery alone can hold anyone's eyes captive, it's not the only reason why I'm so mesmerized right now. What caught my eyes more were the things currently displayed in front of me.

 

"I see you're speechless and I think that's a compliment." Seven said as he gestured me to follow him and look around. "These are the works of all the deserving employees of the company." He started as we walked along with the different artworks or should I say crafts displayed on each corner. The spaces were equally divided and beside each cubicle stood a podium with names written on it to show ownership.

 

"What do you mean deserving?" I asked as I roamed my eyes around.

 

"Well, the owner of the company made it a project that whoever meets the company's standards as the best employee of the year will deserve a spot here and can display his or her artwork or anything that comes to their minds. Kind of like a workplace for their hobbies where they can do what they enjoy doing outside working hours." He explained and I don't know why but I suddenly feel excited.

 

"Really? The owners did that?" I asked, amazed at how generous the owners are to give their employees such rewards.

 

"Yup. And not only that. Whatever they can think of doing to their space is up to them and the best part is, the budget for the materials needed will also come from the company's pocket." He said while grinning at me.

 

Oh gosh. That left me speechless once again. All employees must be thrilled to get that award and whoever gets it must be really hardworking. I looked at Seven and saw him grinning which means he's waiting for me to tap his shoulder and praise his hard work. In all fairness he really is and he deserves a pat from me. I smiled at him and gave him a thumbs up.

 

He looks satisfied and continued with his pace to tour me around the whole place. Different arts and crafts were displayed on every cubicle. There's painting, origami, pot making, and even wood carving. I didn't know that a lot of employees are these talented when it comes to art.

 

We got into the other corner where one of the biggest cubicles were located. I walked closer and my mouth agape when I saw different plants and orchids were freely displayed in the open. Flowers, succulents, and bonsais are properly lined up from smallest to its biggest size to give enough space to breathe the open air. I even saw a small coconut tree at the corner standing proud though its size can only reach half of my height, fruits are already popping out. "Wow, this is amazing Seven."

 

"Thank you very much." He said and bowed ninety degrees while taking off his imaginary hat like a prince in front of me feeling proud as ever. I laughed at his silliness and curtsied in front of him in return. "Wow, I should really be proud of myself."

 

"And why is that?"

 

"Because, aside from seeing that you are really impressed with my work of art, I've made you laugh." He commented and that made the smile on my face gradually disappear. It's like I almost forgot my current situation for a second there and then reality comes to remind me and hit the rock bottom once again. Seven must have noticed that's why he brought me here. It somehow helped me and for that, I'm thankful.

 

He slowly made his way near me and tap my head like a little kid. "Whatever it is that you're going through, I'm always here to listen, neh? I'm not just your boss but more than that, I'm your friend too. Remember that." He said and that made my tears finally escape my eyes. I don't know what happened but my head literally dropped towards his chest and cried like a lost little girl, don't know where to go. He didn't move nor speak but just let me bawl. I felt him continue tapping my head to comfort me and I'm grateful for that. It felt like I saw a brother I'd never had in him.

 

------------------------

 

3rd PERSON'S POV

 

Youngbae left while wearing a smirk on his face that made Jiyong more irritated than ever. He let out a heavy sigh as he watched his retreating back disappear in the corner but his eyes landed on the spot where they saw Dara and another man took off. He admits to himself the moment he saw them, he felt heat crawl from his insides. It gets worst when he saw the man grab her wrist and pulled her inside the elevator. He wanted to go over to where they were and snatch Dara away from him but God knows how much effort he had to exert just to control himself and his feet to go and move on its own accord.

 

He wondered what they were up to and where they were heading and by the looks of it, they kind of look like in a hurry to head somewhere. If his eyes weren't playing tricks on him, he thought the guy is none other than her annoying supervisor and everyone knows he doesn't like and trust him one bit. He doesn't know what to feel and if ever he knows, he doesn't have the right to meddle with her business anymore especially when he's the one who ended what they have in the first place.

 

He was battling with himself if he will follow them or not but decided against it anyway. With a heavy heart, he gave the spot one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter