When you comfort him

Jungkook One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I know I promised to come and I also remember promising not to be late again…” You started, but you could already hear your leader huff at the other side of the phone. You bit your lip as you crossed the street, looking from left to right to make sure you wouldn’t get hit by any passing cars. It wasn’t busy at the moment, most people were still stuck at work for now. You were supposed to be one of those people. Your practice had been rescheduled to the early morning so you guys could prepare for your world tour later today. There were so many things that still had to be done and be discussed and you felt guilt gnawing at you as you thought about it. If there was one thing you hated then it was abandoning your work. For many years your career had always been the most important thing in your life and the rest always came second. Until you had fallen head over heals in love with Jungkook and the two of you had started dating, so he seemed to be just as important, if not more. “this better be very important _______________.” Amanda said, and you could tell she was trying to hold back her annoyance. Together with your members she knew you better than anyone else. She knew that you wouldn’t just ditch them if it weren’t for a serious matter. That didn’t mean that she wouldn’t rub it into your face though. 

 

She had a lot going on right now. She wanted the world tour to be perfect, just like you all wanted. That wasn’t going to work if one of you always managed not to show up for group practice. “I never heard him being this down before. He wouldn’t tell me anything over the phone but…U’m worried. I think something’s wrong.” You said, thinking back about the recent phone call you’d had with your boyfriend. You were glad to know that you were in Korea at the same time for once and that their abroad schedules was done for the moment. Right now there were busy working on their next album. You’d already planned on calling him later today after your schedules were over. But he had beaten you to it. You’d been ready to leave, car keys in hand and completely dressed in your training outfit, when all of a sudden your phone had started to blow up inside of your bag. Seeing his name on the lock screen had immediately made you feel great. There was no better way to start your day than to have a call with him. Jungkook knew that you were busy these days, having your world tour going up. Unlike anyone he understood exactly what you were going through and he never complained when you told him you didn’t have time to come over. Dating as idols could be hectic sometimes, having too packed agendas with different activities. 

 

But the two always worked your way around it. Yet, this morning he had asked you something he normally never asked you when he knew you were busy. He’d asked you to come over, he had to see you. When you’d asked him what was wrong he had simply replied that he really needed you there right now. Even though he didn’t tell you much, the sound of his voice had been enough to let you know that something was off. He hadn’t just sounded tired, there had been no sign of his if his normal cheerfulness. What else could you have done but tell him that you’d be on your way. For a moment Amanda remained silent on the phone and you could tell that there were different kinds of thoughts running through her mind. Luckily for you, your members didn’t care for Jungkook in the same way you did, but they all adored him nevertheless. Neither of you wished any harm to the boys of BTS. “I’ll be there as soon as I can. I promise.” You said, reaching the gate that closed off the apartment complex in front of you. typing in the code which Jungkook had given you since you had started to come over, you listened carefully until you heard a silent click, indicating that the series of numbers had been given in correctly. “Just take your time. We’ll be fine without you today.” She eventually said and you sighed in relief. She never cut you off from your work, unless she though she had a very good reasons to. The main reasons were usually injuries, illness and exhaustion. 

 

The others would be pissed at first because you weren’t showing up, but you hoped that she could make them understand. “Thanks Amanda, I’ll work twice as hard tomorrow.” You insured her and she mumbled you a goodbye before she hung up. Quickly you opened your text conversation with Jungkook to let him know that you were almost at their dorm. You crossed several small streets before reaching a familial set of numbers and ringing the bell. Since the boys had moved to a different and more secured dorm complex last year you always attempted to get lost in this big venue. You waited and tried to be patient. But the thought of your boyfriend being inside there and something possibly being wrong with him made you very uneasy. You took a deep breath when you heard the locks open and tried to hold yourself back in case it might not be him at the door. You’d once made the mistake of tackling Namjoon in a big bear hug, thinking it was Jungkook. The guy had been so shocked, he hadn’t been able to stop smirking at you for the first few days after and he had teased the youngest one about it constantly. But when the door finally opened you found an exhausting and haggard Jungkook standing in front of you. His hair was a mess, curling up at the sides and standing in different kind of weird directions as if he had pulled his hands through the strands several times. Usually he looked just fine without make up on, now there w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter