When you almost drown

Jungkook One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The stunt is really easy. The box fills itself with water, and in the video it’ll seem as if you can’t get out and you have to wait for someone to get you out before the box is completely full. Your facial expressions will provide us the dramatic affect. It’ll be a great shot!” The director said, smiling brightly at you as he showed you that so called box he had been talking about. Well, one thing was for sure, you wouldn’t really have to fake those facial expressions. Just the thought about dying in such a painful way, having to rely on someone else to safe you out of a situation like that while you were slowly nearing the end of your life was enough to make your heart beat against your ribs. But instead of saying that you smiled at him and you gave him a short nod. Just the thought of climbing into that box scared the crap out of you, but you weren’t going to let it get to you. This was your comeback and the music video had to be amazing if you wanted to make it a success. Fans had been waiting for this for months and your manager had actually found an extremely talented directer who wanted to work with you for this. 

Everyone got their own close up and since the song was quite dramatic, everyone seemed to be having a hard scene. To be honest you were quite happy that you didn’t have to do Jessica’s close up, since she had to bawl her eyes out in front of the camera. You didn’t have a very nice crying face so that would have been a very bad idea. They had dressed you in full black and you didn’t know if they’d done it so that you would be visible in the water of to make things even more dramatic, but you were sure it would work. Thank god it wasn’t too cold in here, otherwise you would have dreaded the thought of heading into that water even more. “Alright, prepare yourself. We’ll start shooting in ten minutes.” The director said and you took that as your sign to sneak out. You tried to keep up a straight face as you neared your boyfriend, who was waiting at the back of the set with his friends. You were sure he’d heard everything, because his gaze was firmly locked with yours, as if he was trying to read your thoughts. He’d probably be disappointed if he could, because he probably didn’t want to know what you were thinking right now. 

Hoseok whistled as you came closer, but you knew he wasn’t doing it at you, otherwise Jungkook would have strangled him by now. “I would never go in there.” Yoongi said as he eyed the box at the other side of the room with suspicion, as if it was some kind of murder weapon. The way it stood there, surrounded by the green screens, it did indeed look quite threatening. So far the water only filled one third of the box and the thought that you’d have to stay in there until that entire thing was full caused chills to run down your spine. Yoongi’s statement didn’t sound that crazy at all. It wouldn’t surprise you if any person with a good functioning mind would stay as far away from a thing like that as possible. “You don’t have to do it.” Jungkook suddenly said, and you were sure he had seen your thoughts written all over your face, that boy didn’t even need to be able to read your mind for that. To him, you were an open book. As you shrugged your shoulders you tried your best to seem indifferent about the entire thing as you loosened your eyes from the box and looked at him instead. “It’s fine, it’s like taking a swim.” You muttered, but you knew that this wouldn’t be anything alike. 

Still, the director acted as if he had control over everything and the way he had made it sound hadn’t seemed that bad at all. It would probably all be over before you knew it. Taking a deep breath you shook off your nerves as you guided your attention towards the guys in front of you. The eight of you were supposed to go iceskating tonight. Or at least the seven of them had planned it and Jungkook had asked you to join them. It had been such a long time since you’d skated, so you’d agreed to go. Even though you knew that you would fall straight onto your face for at least twenty times and your boyfriend would have so much fun watching you go down, it still seemed like a great way to spend your night. Besides, Seokjin still owed you a hot chocolate and you hadn’t forgotten about that at all, tonight you were going to make your claim on it. But since you still had work to do they had agreed to come pick you up from set so that you could go to the rank right after this. You didn’t expect for the shooting to run out so you would probably be finished in less than an hour. Besides, they didn’t seem as if they were bored. After all they felt at home at places like this. “Just make sure you can still go iceskating after this. I’ve been looking forward to it.” Taehyung said as he clasped his hands together in front of his chest, looking like a happy child. 

While rolling your eyes at him you heard someone calling out your name. Looking back over your shoulder you watched the way the director sent you a questioning look, as if to ask if you were ready. Giving him one short nod you prayed that your make up was water proof. “Where are your friends anyway?” Namjoon asked, referring to your band members. He’d asked the question very innocently, but never the less you all eyed him as if he’d just been way too obvious. Everyone grinned at him as he sent you a bewildered look. “What? I was just curious.” He stated as he crossed his arms over his chest and pretended to be extremely interested in the way the staff came towards you to pull a brush through your hair one final time. It was no longer a secret that Namjoon had a crush on Amanda, and actually it was kind of adorable. Since you were one of those people who got information from both sides you knew that she liked him too, which made all of this even funnier to watch. They were so uncomfortable around each other, it was almost painful to see those two together. “The food just arrived, I guess they’re having diner.” You explained and reminded yourself that you should do the same before you left. 

Taehyung’s eyebrows popped up by the mentioning of food and you watched him triple through the room in the hope to find some, with Seokjin following straight behind him. You shook your head at them, but you knew that at this moment everyone was probably hungry. “Alright, I’ll be back.” You muttered as you began to walk back towards the set, and with that towards the large box which was still looking as threatening as it had done a few minutes ago. “Are you sure about that?” Jimin shouted after you and even though you were sure he’d meant it as some kind of joke, you couldn’t help but feel your shoulders tense underneath your shirt. Behind you, you could hear Jungkook scold him for teasing you like that. You knew that if he hadn’t seen the uneasiness inside of your eyes that he would have joined him instead of defending you. As soon as you stilled in front of the box a few staff members marched towards you as the director stood next to you. “Ready?” He asked while two men began pushing a ladder against the glass material. Taking a deep breath you tried to keep your voice steady as you repeated the same word. “Ready.” 

There was something about this situation that just didn’t please him. Maybe it was the way your director didn’t seem to leave any room for discussion when he suggested the idea of this close up shot, or maybe it was the fact that even he felt uncomfortable by the sight of that glass box. Either way, it bothered him even more that he knew that you just weren’t actually up for it and that you actually didn’t want to do it. Even though you didn’t seem to be willing to tell him, he’d seen it written all over your face. You weren’t really good at hiding those kinds of things from him. The artistic part of his mind was telling him that once this shoot would be over, the result would be amazing. If they could add some special effects with the green screens he was convinced you were going to get lots of compliments about your acting work. He knew you could act, he’d seen it before and he knew you were better in it than he was. He liked to say that was one of the only thing you were beating him at, but that would be a lie. Not that he was going to admit that. “Do you think Amanda might be up for a chat?” Namjoon asked beside him, and somehow it kind of felt strange to him that his older friend was coming to him for dating advice. 

He was always the one asking his hyungs about what he should get you for your birthday or what he should be doing for y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter