When someone breaks into your house

Jungkook One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With a low groan you tossed on your other side, trying to rediscover the peaceful moment you'd been having before. It was still dark inside of the room, the curtains were drawn close and the house was filled with a deafening silence. Still, there wad something that had woken you from your slumber, and you had no idea what it was. Cuddling closer into your pillow you felt the way the mattress shook underneath you as the body beside you followed your motions, an arm sneaking around your middle and cradling you into a firm chest. The movement caused you to get more aware of your surroundings, your mind becoming a little less foggy as you felt the way his muscular chest pressed up against you, his regular and soft breath hitting against the back of your neck. With Jungkook you could never be certain. There were nights he would turn himself away from you, not willing to hug you in his sleep and wanting to be left alone. There were other nights he wouldn't allow you to budge without keeping you close to him. His fingers squeezed into his shirt, which he had offered for you to wear after you'd had some steamy before you had gone to sleep. You couldn't tell if you had woken him with your rough movements, what you did know was that if he was aware of them, he would fall asleep again just as quickly. Squeezing your eyes shut you tried to do the same, letting that same feeling of drowsiness take over you. With Jungkook cuddled up against you it usually wasn't that hard to get back to sleep. That was until all of a sudden you heard a clattering noise coming from downstairs. Your heart fluttered nervously inside of your chest as you jolted upright and your eyes flung open. They gazed around in the room, but nothing seemed to be off, nothing was moving. Next to you Jungkook let out a low grunt of annoyance as he turned to lay on his back. 

 

"Stop moving babe..." He groaned, his voice hoarse because of the lack of use in the past couple of hours. You understood why he was annoyed, after all sleep was precious to him and he didn't like being disturbed in the middle of it. Yet, you heard another sound, like a cabinet being slammed close and you could feel your muscles tense. Turning your body to look at Jungkook, you quickly shot him a question. "Did you hear that?" You hissed, but as your eyes landed on him you saw you no longer had to alarm him. He was wide awake, his serious gaze locking with yours as he lifted his finger to his lips and pressed it against them, motioning for you to be quiet. You couldn't help it that fear was starting to take master of you, the thought that someone was running around in your house was terrifying. Had someone broken in? How was that even possible? You had locked all of the doors and windows before going to bed, you always made sure of it. The two of you listened carefully, even trying to breathe softer in the hope that you wouldn't miss anything. Yet, you didn't have to wait long before another rattling sound reached its way up the stairs all the way towards the bedroom. Whoever was down there, they obviously weren't trying very hard to get away unnoticed. You flinched, a high pitched squeal coming from you as adrenaline started rushing through you. What if that person had bad intentions? Maybe it was more than just one, maybe there were more? Were they going to take everything? Jungkook noticed your distress and quickly shot upright in bed beside you, hitting an arm around your shoulders and squeezing you against his chest. "It's going to be okay." He assured you, his voice calming and you tried your hardest to focus on it. Though it didn't last long as the clinging from downstairs just went on. What if they would find their way up here and you would be found? What were they going to do with you? 

 

A comforting hand rubbed your arm as you took a deep breath, taking in Jungkook's smell, one that reminded you of safety. "You stay here, call the police. I'm going downstairs to check..." He started and his arm slowly began letting go of you as he was itching closer to the edge of the mattress. A certain panic crashed into you, the thought of him leaving planting many different scenarios inside of your mind. It wasn't safe for him to get out there, who knew what might happen? What if they tried to hurt him? He was all alone, he couldn't defend himself. And what if that person came inside of this bedroom when Jungkook wasn't here? You couldn't let him leave, he had to stay here, where at least the two of you were both safe and together. "No!" You panted, louder than you had meant to, and your hands clung onto him. He was busy pulling a fresh shirt over his head, lowering it down his chest. It was the perfect place for you to grab him and hold him close to you. He blinked his eyes at you a few times before his look softened, an expression of understanding slipping onto face. He rested his hands on either side of your face, each on one cheek, his thumbs pressing soothingly into your skin. "I promise you it'll be alright. I just need to make sure they're not taking everything." Jungkook started as another crash echoed through the house. From your point of view it didn't sound as if they were stealing something, but rather as if they were destroying everything. He remained so calm, you didn't understand why he wasn't freaking out. Leaning forward he pressed a strong peck onto your forehead before letting go of you and taking his phone from the nightstand. Unlocking it he pressed it inside of your hands, while you couldn't do anything different but stare at him helplessly. You couldn't believe he was risking all of this. Let them take it all, you didn't care. If something happened to him... 

 

"I'll come back as soon as I can. Call the police, stay in this room, do you hear me? Don't come after me, stay here." He urged, and it was almost as if he could read your mind. He knew that you would have the urge to run after him, how couldn't you? He knew you better than you might think. He gave your hand one final squeeze as he plucked them off of him, and you were forced to release the hold you had on him. It pained you to watch him get up from his spot beside you and step towards the door. "I love you, it's all going to be fine." He muttered as a final goodbye, placing his hand on the door handle. Your throat felt thick, as if a big lump had formed itself in it, almost making it impossible for you to speak. But you had to tell him, you couldn't risk the chance of not saying it if something might happen to him. "I love you, please be careful." You whispered, clenching his phone inside of your hands. He gave you a reassuring smile, one that didn't seem to reach his eye, before he pushed down the handle and disappeared our into the hallway, leaving you by yourself. His heart was beating like crazy inside of his chest, the thought of having to leave you here all by yourself almost too much for him to handle. When you had woken him up in the middle of the night he supposed you had been suffering from insomnia again, since you had been tossing and turning all night. It had woken him and he'd felt kind of annoyed. But he had soon realized why you were being awake at this hour of the night. He couldn't believe someone had broken into your house. To be honest he felt terrified, but he had seen the alarmed look inside of your eyes and he'd known that he couldn't risk you loosing yourself completely. So he had tried to show off as if he had everything under control, he didn't. He was ting himself, not knowing what he would be running into. 

 

Truthfully he just wanted to stay inside of the bedroom with you, crawl underneath the covers and wait until they would leave. But he knew he couldn't do that. He couldn't risk loosing everything you owned to some asses who thought they were allowed to take it all. He had to get these people out of the house, or at least do something until the police would arrive. Taking a deep breath he walked down the hallway, and almost tripped over his own feed when another clang echoed through the air. He didn't want to imagine what the sound was doing to you now that you were all alone. He tried to keep his steps light, hoping not to make too much noise or to gain much attention. As soon as they would notice him first, it was game over. He knew he had to look for something to defend himself with, he couldn't face them empty handed. In his mind he went over his options, knowing that they were limited. Most useable things were kept downstairs, but he didn't know if he had a good chance of reaching them before the intruders got to him first. Knowing he didn't have much of another choice he quickly searched through the bathroom down the hall, one neither of you two used and was usually kept for guests. You had a bathroom which was attached to the bedroom, there was no need to walk this far. His eyes searched through the dim lit room, hoping for something that could be of good use when he suddenly spotted an object standing in the corner of the room, beside the toilet. A plunger, it was silly, something that was seen in movies. But at this point it was his best option, his only option. So he aimed for it, and held it tightly in his hand, the circulation in his fingers becoming minimal as he squeezed. Emerging out of the room and back into the hallway he walked towards the top of the stairs, towards the source of the sounds. He had come this far now, he didn't want to turn back anymore. 

 

His heartbeat was picking up, going crazy inside of his chest. He felt crazy, for doing this, for not staying where he was safe. Gathering all his courage he lowered the steps, one by one, hoping that he could be as silent as a cat. By the time he was standing at the bottom of the stairs his hands had become slippy and he had to wipe them on his sweats so he wouldn't loose his grip. The noises were clearer now, as he was getting closer. They were coming from the kitchen, which surprised him. If he would ever break into a house, which he wasn't planning on doing, he surely wouldn't start searching in someone's kitchen. Usually the most valuable stuff were kept elsewhere. But he didn't want to waste any time thinking about that, he had to remain focussed. Shuffling closer to the doorway he could see a shadow moving around in the room. It seemed to be a singular one, indicating that the person was alone. His shoulders relaxed slightly, perhaps he was able to handle one person. Now his continuous training would finally come to use other than by showing off his muscles. While clenching his fingers around the plunger he got further into the room. What was he going to do now that he had gotten here? He didn't look very threatening, in his pajamas, carrying something that belonged in a bathroom. But he had to do something, he couldn't just stand here and watch that person go on. This was his house and he had to protect it. And so he cleared his throat, trying his best to make the sound as confident and strong as possible. While straightening up and pushing his shoulders back he tried to look as if he was calm and reserved as the muscles of the man tensed underneath his gaze. It was clear he hadn't expected any company. Slowly the man seemed to shift, turning around on the balls of his feet to see who had showed up from behind him. 

 

He seemed astonished to see him here, though Jungkook was sure he should have kept in mind that he would wake up whoever was in this house. "The police is on its way. This is your final chance to drop everything and walk away." To be honest he thought he was being quit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter