When you're sick

Jungkook One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Slipping your back down against the wall you welcomed the feeling of the cold floor underneath your . Sweat was twirling down your neck and back, making you feel disgusting. Raspy breaths left your lungs as you tried to catch your breath, your throat burning because of the sensation. You’d made a very bad decision of coming to work today and pretending everything was fine. It was easy for everyone and yourself to tell that you had pushed your body across a certain limit, it had been too much for you to handle. When you’d woken up this morning you had already felt that your body was not in a good shape. A cough had tore through you, shaking your form. Your head had felt as if someone had played a bowling game inside of it and in general it seemed as if someone had driven over you with a bulldozer. Each and every single muscle inside of your body was sore, screaming in protest every single time you tried to move. A low hiss slipped between your lips when you felt someone press a cold ice pack against the back of your neck, causing goosebumps to spread across your arms. Though you didn’t protest, the feeling was nice. You’d been feeling hot for such a long time that you had forgotten how it felt to be cold. “You should go and see a doctor.” Amanda muttered, crouched down in front of you. A worried look was lingering over her face as she move the cold bundle up and down your skin. Powerlessly you shook your head, the thought of having to move from this comfortable spot and get into a moving car was something you couldn’t handle right now, leave alone actually doing it. Supporting your elbow on top of your knee you allowed your head to rest inside of your hand. Closing your eyes you felt how every single sound inside of the room, no matter how soft, sounded like a bombshell to you.


Practice was over, finally. Even though you had thought you would be able to keep up with your members and help them complete the choreography, you had been more of a burden than anything else. You were angry with yourself because you hadn’t been able to give your all today, that you had been inhibited because of your current state. The six of you had a concert to give tomorrow and you had planned to be in good shape, to be prepared so that you could give the best of yourself. Yet, as you knew how you were feeling at this point, you weren’t even sure if you’d be able to put a single step on that stage. “I called him, he’s on his way.” Elena’s voice was soft beside you, a hand laid across your forehead to check your temperature. You had no idea who she was referring to or who she was talking about and you were too exhausted to ask. When they suggested to move you towards a more comfortable spot on the couch you declined, feeling drowsy. You really couldn’t get up right now, you were sure you would throw up if you did. Your stomach was upset, your head throbbing. The only thing you wanted right now was to sleep and so you gave in to the exhaustion you felt, letting it pull you under so you could drift off into a restless slumber. “Thanks hyung!” He waved at Namjoon who nodded at his friend, waiting patiently in the car until he was done and he would come back. As soon as he’d received a phone call from one of your band members he’d gotten worried. They usually never contacted him, unless it was to organize surprises or if something had happened. He had immediately thought of the worst thing that could happen to you as he had picked up the phone and had listened to what she’d had to say. You were sick. He should have known. Your voice had sounded weird and strained on the phone this morning, but he had thought that it had just been sleepiness. After all it had been early when he had called you so he hadn’t suspected anything. 


As soon as he had hung up he had asked s if one of them would take him to your company so he could check on you. They wouldn’t call him if it wasn’t serious. Luckily for him his leader had been more than willingly to help. And so here he was, rushing through the doors in his grey oversized sweater and his black ripped jeans, the first thing he had found in his closet that somewhat looked decent to show up in. Silently he bowed to the staff members who did the same for him. They all looked stunned to see him show up here. Even after all this time he still found people who were surprised to find out that he was dating you and in one way it was nice to know that there were still living creatures on this earth who weren’t obsessed by every single detail in his life. He stared inside of the different rooms he passed, poking his head around the corner to see if he spotted anyone he knew. As he was disappointed every single time he went on, until he heard several voices coming from the practice room. He’d been there before, during times you had invited him over to teach you some new choreographies or when you had asked him to come and watch your improvements on your newest songs. He loved watching you dance, and not just because it was one of his passions. Seeing the way you moved, how your breath would quickly leave your lips or how your hair would swing around. He liked seeing you be good at things, it made him proud. Yet, today there wasn’t much dancing going on as he entered the room, instead it was quiet. 


Too quiet. A certain awkwardness came over him as he noticed several eyes point in his direction, but he soon realized that none of them were yours. A girl he recognized as Jessica came up to him, tiptoeing through the room before stopping in front of him. Somehow he wasn’t good at being able to remember everyone’s names, he always described your band members by their looks. The one with the blond hair, or the taller one. He really hoped that you had never told them that. “Hey, thanks for coming. She’s over there.” She said, pointing towards a fluffy sweater ball with a head poking out which was settled on the couch. Though he noticed tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter