When he says something hurtful

Jungkook One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You couldn’t believe he had done this to you. To be honest you couldn’t even wrap your mind around the fact that he would even think about saying something like that during a life interview. It was nothing like him and it surely wasn’t a habit of his to talk about his relationship with you about others, especially not on international television. You wanted to know what had gotten into his mind and what had caused him to think that this would be okay. The entire room had gone silent as everyone’s eyes were glued onto the screen, it was almost as if they were all afraid to say anything. Next to you, Elena even seemed to be holding her breath, as if the sound was enough to make things explode. “Jesus.” Amanda whispered from the furthest spot inside of the room and her make up artist had stopped patted the foundation onto her cheeks and was now staring up at the TV which was hanging in the corner of the room. It seemed as if the interview had gained the attention from everyone who was present, and you couldn’t blame them for being shocked. You were shocked yourself. You didn’t know how you should be feeling right now. 

One part of you was just very disappointed, while a deeper part inside of you was starting to get really angry. How dare he say something like that about you. ‘I mean, of course she supports me. She doesn’t agree with every single thing I do and sometimes we fight about stuff. She doesn’t like it that I’m never home, but I guess that’s normal.’ That was exactly what he had said. To say that it was a complete lie would be bull, of course you’d rather want him to be home than on the other side of the world or a different continent. But you had never once told him that you didn’t support him. As an idol you knew how important it was if the person you loved stood behind you and had your back, how much it meant if they cheered for your dreams. You had never once made him feel as if you were holding him back. yes, you often told him that you missed him and that you wished he was with you instead of in some hotel far away from you. But you had never begged him to come home, had never accused him of being a bad boyfriend simply because he wasn’t able to celebrate your birthday with you. 

And of course you’d been mad at him before because he seemed to forget about your dates somehow, or when he never texted you back even though you’d have something important to tell him. But that was the thing about relationships, they all contained drama in their own special ways, the only difference was the two of you fought about things people with normal jobs might not fight about. you didn’t argue about money or laundry or the one who never cleaned up their behind themselves. You didn’t fight about the other standing too close to another man or woman or about who’s turn it was to empty the dishwasher. Those things simply didn’t fit into your lives. No, you two fought about the who was the busiest one and why there was always one of you who had to work on the they the other one was off. The two of you argued about not having often enough and not being able to see each other. But through out all those years you had never once told him that you didn’t agree with what he did or what he loved. You’d always been his number one fan and the only reasons why you spoke up to him sometimes was because you were worried about him. He pushed himself too often, ignored the condition of his body and just crashed over the line. 

But when you told him to slow down he wouldn’t listen. Yes, the two of you argued, but what he saying right now was not fair. At the start of all of this the two of you had promised each other that you would not let other people in on your relationship and you wouldn’t reveal questions too personal which were asked during interviews. It was one thing that he broke that rule, but the fact that he was talking about you as if you were the not so supportive girlfriend who whined at him during her free time made all of this even worse. “I’m not holding him back! I’m trying to encourage him, but I want just don’t want him to cross his own limits. Is that such a weird thing?” You said, and you noticed that your voice was way too loud to fit inside of this small dressing room. Next to you Amber shot you a worried glance, but the girls all nodded never the less. The staff quickly darted their eyes away from you, knowing it was impolite to stare at you they way they had been doing for the past few minutes. A hand settled itself on your shoulder and gave it a soft squeeze. When looking up you spotted Jessica standing behind you, giving you a motherly smile. That was what they always did when you were upset, because they were the older ones and you were the youngest one, you were the one who had to be taken care of. 

“Of course we know that. We’ve seen the two of you together for so long, we know you’ve got his back. I have no idea why he would say something like this.” Jessica convinced you and you realized as she said that that you didn’t know either. Why would he go around telling people that you didn’t support him. Your fans probably all knew that the two of you fought behind the scenes, fights were present in every healthy relationship. But to have their favorite idol say it in real life, that wasn’t what they wanted to hear. Some of them wanted to keep living in the fantasy that everything was always perfect between the two of you. And then of course there were the ones who had never liked you in the first place, and who now had another reason they could add to their list to hate you even more. As if on cue your phone started buzzing on the make up table in front of you and you looked down upon it, but somehow you weren’t sure if you wanted to see hat it had to show you. It wasn’t promising to be much good. When you’d walked in here earlier today you had actually believed that today was going to be a good day, but it seemed like you had been terribly wrong. 

“There’s probably a good explanation for all of this. You just need to talk to Jungkook, I’m sure he didn’t mean it the way he makes it sound.” Samantha tried, and everyone knew that she had alway been the most positive one out of all of you. But at this moment you weren’t even sure if you wanted to talk to Jungkook in the first place. Your phone buzzed again, and you were no longer able to contain your curiosity. For one reason or another you found yourself hoping that it was Jungkook, apologizing for what he had said after he’d seen the interview being replayed himself. That he had replied that he’d been an idiot and that he’d never meant anything of it, that he would take back his words if he could. But to your disappointment it was not your boyfriend. Instead it were notifications of your social media, and you could see that the number of comments had already increased to one hundred and two. The interview had only been out in the open for two minutes and people were already crashing into you. The rational part of your brain told you to ignore it, that it was an extremely bad idea to read those comments. You probably didn’t want to know what was in them because you could predict they wouldn’t have anything good to say. 

At the beginning of your career you had been terrible at ignoring these comments and you’d actually had to see a professional to help you get over it. You’d never been the kind of person who’d liked to be in the centre of attention, you had always been the kind of girl who’d just wanted for people to like you and go on with their lives. But after you’d become an idol, everyone suddenly had some kind of opinion about you, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter