When you fall asleep backstage

Jungkook One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally able to breath comfortably again in your own clothes you stumbled your way over towards the couch at the other side of the room. Giving a deep sigh you threw yourself on it and popped your head against the wall behind you. It had been a very long day, practicing in the morning, preparing the showcase and performing it later on. Moving your up to grab your phone out of the pocket of your jeans you spotted the next group performing on stage at the small tv screen that hang in the corner of the dressing room. For once it was pleasantly quiet inside of here, giving you the chance to let your thoughts run freely without anyone trying to interrupt them. Usually there was always someone around who would try to have a conversation with you. One of your own members or staff members, sometimes your friend from other bands if they were around. Even though you had known that today was going to be a tough day, you had been looking forward to it for some time. This was one of the exceptional moments when you’d actually have a showcase together with your boyfriend. Usually the two of you never had the same schedules, leave alone that you could work together at the spa broadcasts 

 

But today seemed to be your lucky day. You had only seen him shortly before your performance, because of mic tests and outfit changes the two of you hadn’t really been able to talk much. But you had seen him, and he had smiled and waved at you, giving you that sweet look and that had been all you needed. You hadn’t been able to see much of his performance, being the one that had gone up stage right before him, but you had heard his amazing voice and the loud cheers from the public so you knew he’d done a great job, as always. Opening your Instagram you saw that your company had uploaded a new picture on it’s page, showing the six of you before your performance, when you hadn’t been sweaty yet. That green dress you had been wearing had been uncomfortable to say the least. It had been too short and had been crawling up the entire time while you’d been walking around the stage. Several times you’d had to pull it down because it had ridden higher up your thighs with every step. But looking at the picture now, you noticed how well it had suited you, so you couldn’t entirely prove your stylist wrong for choosing it. Being one of the smaller members of the band you thought it was justified for you to wear the shortest dresses. They couldn’t give them to Amber or Samantha, because they were much too tall for them. With your average height, they had picked you as the victim. 

 

Not knowing what else to do you liked the picture and read of a few of the comments in the section beside it. Normally you prohibited yourself from doing this, knowing that not all comments written down there were positive or nice. After being in the industry for many years now, you couldn’t say that you had those kinds of things had gotten any easier. You did get used to them, but that didn’t mean that those comments couldn’t be like a slap in the face when you saw them. Luckily for you, most of the comments so far were cheerful and supportive, apart from people who always seemed to have something to remark. You flinched when someone dropped themselves on the couch beside you and moved in a skillful way to move their head onto your lap. You blinked, surprised that you hadn’t heard the person coming at all because you had been too lost in your own thoughts. “Put away the phone and give me some attention.” Jungkook mumbled as he made himself comfortable, stretched openly on the sofa, his arms crossed across his chest. You rolled your eyes at his silly behavior, but did what he asked nevertheless. When he was around there was nothing you wanted more than to spend time with him. Putting your phone to the side you looked down on him, studied his face as his eyes beamed up at you, locking with yours. That guy could look at you as if you were the only thing in the room, it made you fluster, every single time. 

 

He looked worn out, a small blush covering his cheeks which still showed off the effort he had put in his performance. Even though you and Jungkook had debuted around the same time, he had always been someone you had admired and you had looked up to. Even before you had met him. He’d always been very well known for his hard work and for the way he pushed himself to give the best of what he had. He never complained, no matter how hard things got, no matter how tired he was. Sometimes, when he was around you, he dared to drop that mask of endless power he used to wear for the outside, but not always. “You worked hard, you were really good up there, all of you.” You said, trying to break through that professional look he was wearing on his face. Sometimes you wondered if he found it difficult to be himself around others. He wasn’t one who showed his feelings easily, but you knew that underneath that facade were always a million things going on, a million thoughts and emotions. “You did too, although I found your dress a little a lot too short.” His eyebrows disappeared underneath his silky hair and you ruffled it slightly in order to annoy him. Yet, this time he smiled instead before lifting his head and shaking it, making his locks fall back into their original place. You should be worrying about the fact that the door was still open and that everyone who passed by could see the two of you. 

 

The two of you had been open about your relationship from the very start. The public had seen you growing closer, had expected you to start dating for a while before it happened. So you had never made a secret of it when the two of you had started dating. Still, the two of you could be shy about being seen together, being this cosy in the open. You both had members who didn’t mind teasing you about it. “I’m saying it because I know it makes you uncomfortable.” He remarked, and you shrugged, knowing that what he said was true. He had noticed before. During award shows when your skirt had been too short, or variety shows you attended and you started pulling on your dresses. When he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter