When you take a bullet for him part 1

Jungkook One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a really bad idea from you to come here, and you knew it. You were just an idiot who never listened to the logic part of your mind or your boyfriend when he asked something from you. But you’d been so angry because he’d told you to stay away, that you’d decided to ignore his request. It wasn’t the first time he got bossy about something like this and each time you would tell him it was unfair, he would give you that look. The look which told you that no matter how much you’d beg and how many times you’d ask, he would never say yes. You could still remember exactly what he had said to you last time. 

“It’s not safe. You know it’s dangerous and I don’t want you to be there. This is my mess, so I should be the one to clean it up.” Jungkook muttered as he brushed the towel against one of the glasses he was holding. You stared at him, and his gaze drilled right back into yours. By the stubborn look inside of them you could tell he wasn’t going to listen to you, no matter what you’d say. There was no argument you could give that would convince him, but that didn’t mean you weren’t going to try. “And who’s going to protect you? I just…” You started, but when he placed the glass down on a the counter with a loud thud and you knew that was a sign for you to shut up. His shoulders were tense when he threw the towel on top of the island before releasing a deep sigh. You knew he wasn’t going to lash out on you, he rarely yelled at you unless you got caught up in a serious misunderstanding. 

This wasn’t the description of a serious misunderstanding. “We’re not arguing about this babe. I hate seeing you in that environment, it’s not right for you.” He said as he turned around to face you. You’d had this discussion many times before, but you always got caught up in the same unending circle. Each time it would end the exact same way, just so you could pick up the argument later again. “But it’s your environment. You can’t expect me not to be a part of it. This is your life Jungkook.” You muttered, staring down on the platform underneath your hands. The wood of the polished table felt cold underneath your touch. He was silent as a cat when he moved towards you and hit his arm around your middle. His chin nestled against your shoulder, his nose brushing against the side of your neck. “You are my life. I promise all of this will be over soon, but until then, you need to stay low. I would never forgive myself if anything happens to you." 

But now you were here, and you knew he was be pissed and white with fury as soon as he would realize what you had done. You hadn’t planned on following him, but before you knew what was happening you were standing in this cold warehouse. It seemed abandoned and the stone of the walls felt icy against your back as you leaned against the wall. The cold was traveling way past your clothing and settled itself straight into your bones. If Jungkook and his friends had come here to settle this deal, it surely was a good place for someone to die unknowingly. Just the thought of that one person being Jungkook was too much to handle. Before you’d started dating him you hadn’t known about his background, what he did with his free time. But once things had started to get serious, you’d realized he’d been hiding something from you. After passing the phase of lies of him telling you that you were imagining things. Yet, one day you’d had enough. You were not paranoid and you had threatened to leave with harsh words and slamming doors until he had finally told you everything. You’d been shocked to find out he was part of a gang, but somehow you’d seen it coming. 

And so you’d settled for it but he still tried to keep you out of it as much as he could. You rarely met his friends, just occasionally or by accident. Jungkook didn’t want you near them, and at first you’d thought he was embarrassed to be seen with you. But in the end you knew he was just trying to protect you from all the harsh things that happened when he was with them. Several times he’d come home beaten and cracked, until you’d begged him to stop. You couldn’t handle cleaning up the mess afterwards, watching him wince as you rinsed his wound with alcohol or when you hugged his sore bones. You cared for him and you wanted him to be safe. And the environment he was in wasn’t safe for anyone. The only thing you wanted was to help him but he never accepted it. He didn’t want your money and when you asked him what you could do, he’d just tell you to stay put. You’d always listened to him, until now. "We had a deal Namjoon, your men broke it. How do you expect for me to forgive and forget all of this as if nothing happened.” The man who spoke had a deep voice, like the sound of a base. It was as if you could feel the vibrations in the stone behind you as he talked. 

Carefully you tried to stretch your neck forward, hoping you’d be able to see what was happening around the corner. The groups stood in front of each other, all wearing serious expressions on their faces. Jungkook’s gang counted one more member than the other, but the other gang looked just as threatening. If you’d had to put your bed on which one would win in an actual fight, you wouldn’t dare to guess. As soon as one of them seemed to look into your direction you took a step back. Every breath you took seemed like a lightning strike, the noise too loud to fit in a place like this. Every single fiber inside of your body told you to run, that you were a fool for being here. But you told yourself that once things got too dangerous, you’d leave. After all you were hear to watch over Jungkook, to make sure nothing would happen to him. He was the reason you were doing all of this. “My men never violated the agreements on purpose, it was a single mistake and it won’t happen again.” Namjoon said, and you recognized his voice without looking at him. He’d always been a born leader, knew his guys in and out. He would stick with them until the very end and he would go to the end of the world to save their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter