When you get home early from work

Jungkook One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With a deep sigh you shut the door behind yourself, welcoming the warmth your house had to offer you. With a content sigh you kicked off your shoes, feeling the way your toes flattened themselves in their socks against the tiles. It was great to be home, knowing that you actually had the chance to spend some time here, doing more than showering up and going to bed. You hated it that you were home so little, but it caused that you appreciated those small moments more when they occurred, like today. Your eyes fell on the shoes of your husband, which were neatly settled next to his other pairs. He liked things to be tidy and organized. Shuffling along the hallway the smell of food reached your nose thrills and you sniffed as you walked straight towards the kitchen. Jungkook’s back was facing you, but you could tell he was wearing an apron because it was neatly secured behind his back and neck with bows. He was humming a soft melody while stirring the food which was cooking on the stove. 

A glass of red wine was standing on the counter beside him, explaining why he seemed this relaxed. You didn’t understand what others said about him. All the articles you read about him told you that he was very reserved and very distanced from his employees. They described him as a heartless monster, a terrible boss and a tyrant, all sides of him you’d never seen of him before. Yet, you weren’t someone who worked for him, you were his wife. When he was here with you he could let of the responsibilities he usually had to handle, he could be himself. You knew what it felt like to have to act like a different person sometimes, for your job you had to do the same thing. You two were said to be a very powerful couple, a talented doctor and a highly appreciated CEO. You hadn’t even known who he was when you had first met him and had fallen head over heels for him. Then again, you hadn’t even graduated medical school when he had started dating you. 

Things had changed since then, the two of you had both grown and if you were supposed to believe the articles you read about the two of you, you were supposed to become even bigger during the next years. You didn’t give a about what they said about you, you created your own future. “Did you safe some for me?” You asked brightly, watching the way his shoulders tensed and the hand which he had used to stir stilled. It was obvious he hadn’t expected you to be back yet. When he turned around to face you his eyes were wide, and they threw you an astonished look before a smile broke out on his face. You couldn’t imagine a man with a smile like that to yell at his employees because of something silly. Jungkook had two sides to him, you knew that. He could be very professional, could almost seem careless about things. He could keep a straight face while someone else was crying or someone was sharing their happiness with him. 

Yet, everyone who knew him well also knew that he had a soft side, that he cared about those around him and that he’d try everything in the hope to keep them happy. “You’re home early. I wasn’t expecting you in another three hours.” He explained, leaning his hips against the counter as he crossed his arms over his chest and studied you. You hummed, dumping your bag on one of the chairs and crossing the distance in between the two of you. Immediately his arms opened for you, inviting you closer until you were nestled against his chest and they circled around your middle lazily. “It was very calm today, so I left a few hours early. I wanted to spend some time with my beloved husband.” You informed and you watched the way his smile turned into a grin as he lowered his face slightly, so that your eyes were on the same level. You loved staring into them, looking at the way he looked at you. Somehow his eyes still kept surprised to you, even after all these years. 

“I see why you did that.” He joked and you nudged his side, causing him to squirm slightly as he chuckled. He pecked your forehead a single time before he released you and focussed himself on his cooking again. “Do you want some wine?” He asked, his hand already reaching into one of the cabinets above his head to grab you a glass. It seemed like he already knew what your answer was going to be to that question. You weren’t someone to turn down a good drink if you didn’t have a very good reason to. And so you watched him as he grabbed the bottle of wine in one hand and poured you a drink before presenting the glass to you with a smile. “Thanks.” You muttered, leaning against the counter with your drink in hand so you could watch him. Why was it that most CEO’s were always this handsome? How come that their looks always worked in their advantage? If you were the partner he wanted to negotiate with it wouldn’t be very hard for him to convince you. He’d just have to look at you the right way and you’d be swept off your feet. But maybe that was because you were slightly prejudiced. Still, you couldn’t imagine for someone not to be charmed by him. 

He could give people that look that made it seem as if he was able to stair straight into your soul. As if he could figure out every little secret you were hiding in there and he could bare them all. Then he would give them that attractive smile, mischievous and almost lazy. Perhaps that was one of the reasons why he was so good as sealing deals. But you knew that biggest reason was because he was so good in his job. He put all his passion and time in it, just like you did with yours. Trying to save people was what you lived for. You wanted to make them feel better, even if sometimes that wasn’t what they thought was best for themselves. But sometimes drastic times called for drastic measures, and you were confronted with that every single day. Your mind was urged back into reality when all of a sudden Jungkook lowered the stove and placed the spoon down neatly beside it. Then his hand came around his b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter