When you get a pneumonia

Jungkook One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Good job everyone! Keep up the hard work and we will slay next weeks performance!” Amanda said, a huge grin covering her face as you all made your way back towards the dressing room. It had been a long and exhausting day, but after all you felt satisfied by how everything had gone by. You had been working towards these promotions for months and now that they were finally happening everything seemed so surreal. Your new album had dropped a few weeks ago and the plan was to promote it until the award shows which started next week. After all you did want your fans to be aware of your new songs before you’d go and perform them on huge shows like that. But things were looking good. You’d practiced and performed non stop for the last few days, always trying to improve yourselves. And the public loved it. Your album had entered the world with a loud bang and seemed to have taken over the entire country. Everyone seemed to be talking about it and things couldn’t have been more successful. It was as if you were all on cloud nine, celebrating the fact that for once everything seemed to be going according to plan. It seemed like these promotions were going to be the best you’d ever had in the history of your bands existence.
 

“Did you see the audience? They were losing their minds! They already knew the entire lyrics to our songs.” Elena jittered beside you, and you smiled, glad to find her this happy. Yesterday, when she’d visited you inside of your hotel room, she’d still been worried that everything might go wrong. That your luck might end and things would go down hill from now on. But even her worried had faded after today’s concert. Taking a sip from the water bottle inside of your head you realized you were more thirty than you’d realized and emptied it in almost one go. your lips you bowed towards the staff standing in the halls, who’d come to congratulate you. You frowned when you felt a slap against the shoulder and looked beside you to see who was responsible. Jessica shot you a bright smile and threw her arm around your shoulders as you walked on. “Why are you so quiet? Aren’t you happy?” She asked, and you stopped the need you felt to roll your eyes at her silly comment. Of course you were happy. But you were also tired, and you needed a hot tea and a warm bath to finish the night. You knew your friends would want to go on and celebrate this great night some more, but you simply couldn’t find the energy for it. 
 

You’d been having a cold since the start of last week. It had started with sneezing, a runny nose. But soon you’d gotten a soar throat and your almonds had swollen until they were twice their normal size. You hadn’t felt like doing much during the past few days but you’d still committed yourself to practice and work hard just like the rest of your members. Because you definitely weren’t letting them down because of a stupid cold. “Of course I’m happy.” You squeaked, your voice tired of straining it all day. It was a miracle you had been able to hit the right notes while singing, and you hadn’t sounded off key. But you knew that for the rest of the night you’d have to spare your voice if you wanted to be able to use it again tomorrow. You screwed the lid back onto your now empty water bottle and threw it in the trash as soon as you entered the dressing room. The couch was calling out for you and you didn’t fight it but walked straight towards it. Dropping down on the soft pillows you finally allowed your sore muscles to relax. Yet your peace didn’t last long as a terrible cough rattled through you. You didn’t need to see the look on everyone’s faces inside of the room to know that it sounded disgusting. You’d expected things to get better over the days, but instead it seemed to have become worse.
 

Your throat was so raw it almost felt as if it was bleeding on the inside. Every time you breathed you could feel your lungs expand inside of your chest, as if in protest. Your head felt too big to fit on your neck, but somehow it hadn’t fallen off yet. You were surprised you had been able to make it through the week. And even though you knew it would have been wise to go see a doctor but you just simply didn’t have the time. Perhaps it was an idea to make work of that, now that you’d have a few days off. “Are you sure you’re okay? You look a bit pale.” Amber said, concern coloring her voice as she sat down beside you. Looking up at her your smiled reassuringly, not wanting to ruin her perfect night. They all deserve to be happy, and your cold was your own problem to worry about. “I’ll be fine, just a bit tired.” You said, reaching for your cardigan which you had gotten rid of right before starting your performance. You were always chilly these days, so you took a cardigan with you everywhere you went. Even now, after you’d been sweating throughout your performance, you felt the chill settle on top of your skin. 
 

“You’re not planning on driving home like this are you? You should just come with us.” Amber suggested, eying you suspiciously while you were wrestling to get your arm into your sleeve. You definitely understood her concern, but it wasn’t something you hadn’t thought about before. Hugging your jacket close to you, you shot her a little smile. “Jungkook is picking me up.” You explained, remembering the way your boyfriend had practically begged to pick you up from work. He surely was just as worried as your friends, and just like them he wasn’t easily soothed. This seemed to relief some of them, knowing you weren’t going home by yourself and there was someone near to take care of you, just in case. “I don’t understand how on earth you can wear that cardigan, it’s so hot in here I’m melting.” Jessica said, and you shot her a look. She was trying to be dramatic, but you weren’t going to let her get to you. You no longer had the energy to listen to her pointing things out to you. “I’m cold, you know I always am.” You reminded her, which was the truth. You were always cold, even in the hot weather during summer. You were just one of those people who never warmed up. Jungkook aways had to be prepared to lend you his jacket and you always had to take scarves and coats everywhere, just to be sure.
 

Before you knew what was going on Elena had sneaked up from behind you, and her hand was resting on your forehead. You jumped back from her touch, which seemed to be even colder than the temperature inside of the room. “Jesus __________, you’re burning up. You’ve got a fever.” She scolded, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter