When someone poisons you

Jungkook One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can I have a glass of wine please?” You asked the waitress as she continued writing down all the orders, a concentrated look plastered across her face. She only looked up when actually necessary and each time she locked gazes with one of the boys she blushed madly before lowering her eyes back towards her little note pat. You thought it was cute, since she was obviously trying her best to serve all of you as normal costumers but somehow couldn’t keep her body language under control. She nodded at your question and wrote it down before taking the menu’s which Jimin had piled up and was holding out to her. Then she walked away, as if demons were chasing her. You were sure she was going to have something to tell when she got back inside of the kitchen. While smiling you sank against the back of your chair, enjoying the sphere around you. The sounds of small talk and soft voices reached your ears. In front of you Namjoon was holding a discussion with Yoongi about some kind of music production program he had found online. Taehyung was annoying Seokjin at the furthest corner and Hoseok laughed cutely because of their argument. Jimin, who was seated next to Jungkook was trying to hold a conversation with the younger one, but he wasn’t paying attention, instead he was staring down on you, a small smile in his possession when he noticed you’d felt his gaze and you returned it. Yet, he hissed when his friend nudged him with his elbow and turned his head towards him, annoyed. 
 

“I was talking to you!” Jimin defended himself, and even though you all knew that Jungkook could be scary sometimes, he would never lay a hand on Jimin. Instead he shot him an angry look. “I heard you!” Chuckling slightly you left the boys to solve their problems by themselves as your eyes wandered around the room. It was busy in the restaurant, but not too crowded. Most tables were filled and the ones who were still free were reserved, waiting for people to take in the seats. Faces were lit by small candles, the smell of amazing food filled the small space. In the far back you could hear the sound of pots hitting the stove and knives cutting vegetables. It made all the muscles inside of your body relax. It didn’t happen very often that you all had a night off and you had been surprised when Jungkook had called you and had asked you to join them for dinner, you had been stunned. Since they were so busy the guys usually ordered take out and when they did have some free time to spare they didn’t want to waste it by going to expensive restaurants. Yet, here you were. The waitress returned with a plate balancing inside of her hands, your drinks neatly placed on top of it. Apparently she had a good memory since she was able to recall exactly who had ordered what and carefully placed it down in front of each of you. You thanked her before she disappeared again, quiet as a mouse. You wondered if she was also that shy around other costumers. 

`

“Okay, a toast, to the end of our promotions. And to ______________, who’s officially been able to endure being with our Jongkookie for a year and five months.” Namjoon said as he rose his glass into the sky, giving you an attentive look. Confusion trickled into your mind and beside you, you could see Jungkook frown his eyebrows as well. “They both forgot!” Hoseok stated, pointing his fingers at the both of you, grinning widely. You could feel your cheeks change colors, heat traveling towards them when you shifted your look and locked gazes with your boyfriend. He seemed just a shy, but relaxed when he realized that he really wasn’t the only one who had forgotten and you couldn’t be mad at him. “We’re celebrating next month!” Jungkook covered up the both of you and if he had been able to reach his friend he would have hit him against the shoulder, but he was too far away. While clearing your throat you reached out for the glass of wine in front of you and held it in up high, waiting for the others to do the same. No matter if you’d forgotten about your anniversary date for a while or not, you still wanted to cheer to that. You could see that Jungkook’s mind was still deciding if he should be stubborn and not toast at all or if he should just forget about the matter and let it all go. You nudged him with your shoulder and nodded towards his glass, letting him know your answer to that question. He huffed, blowing his bangs from his eyes before he lifted his beer and collided it with the others. 


Since your arms were short the guys did an extra effort to reach you, yet, you still had to get up from your seat to reach Jin at the entire back, not wanting anyone to feel left out. All of you took a sip from your drinks, those who were very thirsty almost finishing half of their glasses in one go. “This is really nice.” Hoseok stated as he adjusted his plate and chopsticks so that they were laying on the exact same line. You had no idea if he did that because it actually bothered him or because he was bored. The others agreed and you leaned into your chair comfortably when you felt Jungkook’s arm curl around the back of it, his finger teasingly poking into your arm. Pulling a face at him you watched him as he pointed out his tongue at you, causing you to squeeze his side, which made him squirm in return. “Look at those two.” Yoongi muttered to his other friend, nodding towards the two of you to indicate who he was referring to. They both looked at you silently as Jungkook made a comeback, tugging at one of the strands of your hair as you slapped his arm as a comeback. Namjoon knew that the two of you could go on like this forever, teasing each other and see who could annoy the other the most. It was almost like a challenge between the two of you and it never stopped. Yet, soon their maknae scrunched his nose at you before pinching your cheek, a smile lighting up his entire face. “So cute.” He muttered to you, causing your head to turn bright red. Yoongi snickered as he took another sip from his beer and unknowingly Namjoon smiled. He knew that his friend could be a real tease sometimes, showing off all manly and strong on the outside, but that on the inside he was a shy boy who was completely under your spell. 


He had once asked Jungkook what he would do if something would ever happen to you and the younger one had looked at him with big and lost eyes, as if only the thought had been enough to make him loose his way. He’d had to assure him that everything was fine, but even after that he had gone to his room to call you and check on you. You’d been a loss for words, confused to why he had suddenly sounded so panicked. He knew that the two of you argued sometimes, but when it came to it, Jungkook would risk his life for you. That was how he was with the people he loved, caring more about them than himself. And you had a very high priority on his list. And he also knew that you didn’t take it for granted. He could see how much you cared about his friend, how happy you’d be when he was around. One day he hoped that he could find something as true and beautiful as you two had. He was glad that Jungkook had found himself someone he could be himself with and who made him feel appreciated. As the leader of the band it mattered most to him that s were happy. You swatted Jungkook’s hand away from your face and huffed your cheeks in annoyance. Quickly you took another big gulp of wine, hoping it would cool down your warm skin. Yet, you had the feeling that you were swooning. Normally you could stand alcohol better than this, even though you were a light weight. If there was one thing you were supposed to be able to handle without getting tipsy it was one glass of sweet wine. 


There wasn’t that much alcohol in it as it tasted like lemonade so you wondered where this feeling was coming from. Maybe it was caused by your empty stomach. It had been a while since you’d eaten anything and you had been working most of the day. Blaming yourself you decided to push away the thoughts that were forming inside of your head, your gut telling you that something wasn’t right. Instead you smiled at Namjoon, who was staring at you from his side of the table. You were glad you got along with the other members this well, it made your relationship with their youngest one much easer. Suddenly comm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter