When he confesses he likes you

Jungkook One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Swinging the bag back and forth beside you, you continued your way towards the dorm. Pinching your eyes against the bright sun shining down on top of your hair, you walked straight on. You could feel your brown hair catching the heat on top of your head as a warm breeze tickled your legs. Today it was extraordinarily hot for an early summer day in the middle of June. The weather predictions had been off point all week, predicting bits of rainy afternoons and cloudy mornings. So far, you hadn’t seen any of that. It had been warm all week, the temperatures slowly seemed to be rising towards their highest point as the days continued on and the weekend came near. As the hours went by, the air grey moist and your hair started sticking to your face, making you feel unattractive and gross. You were in an extreme need of a shower, a cold one, preferable. This week had been a hard one to say the least. Finals were coming up, and the weather was making it impossible for you to concentrate during classes. Your mind was bumping in all different kinds of directions as you tried to make it through the day in that classroom, your mind coming up blanc as you tied to remember what you’d supposed to have learned that day. It was time for the semester to end, so you could finally start your well earned summer holidays. You’d be working in a local ice cream shop this year, and as the sun blasted down on you as you rounded the corner of the street, you couldn’t wait for it to happen fast enough. At least in the bakery down the street, it would be cool. For month you had wondered about which job you would apply for this year, since last years working in a shoe selling store hadn’t really seemed up your league. It had been time for something else, something new. A bakery didn’t exactly sound like much of a challenge, but it was a fresh start, an escape from all the drama which had seemed to have fallen upon you a few months ago. 

 

The break up between you and your ex had gone so suddenly and so fast, you almost hadn’t had any time to process what had actually happened. It was over before you’d had the time to wonder where things had gone wrong between the two of you. In the blink of an eye, it had all been over and you’d been single and ready to mingle before you’d been even partly ready to rejoin the shoal of fish in the big blue ocean. Because as your father liked to say, there were many of those, and you would find your big fish once the time was right. You knew that secretly your dad was only glad his little girl was no longer admiring another man in her life, even though he would never tell you such. It had been tough for him when you’d first met Greg, as it had always been the two of you against the world. After your mom had passed away at an early age, it had always been you and your father. He was the one who’d stood by you through everything, and neither of you had ever expected for that to change. Until it did. You had been utterly in love with Greg from the very start, and he had been the best thing that had happened to you in a very long time. You’d ignored the warning signs your friends had flashed you, had been blind to all the signals you hadn’t been willing to see. Until you’d been left with no other choice than to face them head on. It hadn’t all been bad. A huge part of it had been a lesson, one you would never forget. There were some good memories too, but they had a sour taste to them now. It had taken you weeks to feel anything else but heartbreak, but you’d gotten there. Manly by the help of your friends and family, who’d had your back and who had always supported you, no matter how much of an idiot you had been. So it seemed only grateful of you to show off your thanks, and bring by a little treat after class. 

 

You’d been friends with Namjoon for as long as you could remember. It was that kind of friendship that never faded, no matter how hard you tried. You could go without seeing each other for months, not hearing from each other for ages, but in the end you would always get back together and it would be as if no time had passed. He’d introduced you to s, and that was that. Ever since, the members of BTS had become of huge part of your life, and you would never be able to imagine one without them. Each and every single one of them was unique in their own way, and each one brought you joy and happiness while being around them. They had supported you through thick and thin there past few weeks, and you knew that you couldn’t have been where you were today without them. They had picked you up when you were at your lowest, and you appreciated that more than words could express. Shooting off a text to Namjoon you announced your arrival, happy to know that your time in the bright sun was about to be coming to an end. You’d been looking forward to this moment all day, excited to be with your friends. They’d been so busy lately, so most of your communication had been over text and video calls. Yet, as soon as you’d heard they were back in town, you’d invited yourself over. You’d missed them endlessly and you couldn’t wait to feel their energy around you again as soon as possible. “Hey kiddo!” Namjoon’s voice rang in the air as you reached the gate which was still slowly swinging open automatically. He stood in the middle of the drive-way, a cap shielding his eyes from the sun. A smile lifted your entire face and you couldn’t help yourself as your eyes scanned him up and down, taking him in. He hadn’t changed once bit, he never did. It was one of the things you appreciated most about him, always true to himself. 

 

“What’s up Joon.” You greeted him, trying to keep your cool. Yet you couldn’t help but throw your arms around him as soon as he got into reach. The familiar smell of his aftershave hit you, and you blinked away the emotions expressed in tears which burned inside of your eyes as you felt him returning your embrace. He pinched you slightly closer and just a little bit longer than he usually did, and you could feel his support and friendship all through that little move, thrumming through your bones. “You’re good.” He confirmed, and you had no idea of telling if he was talking to you, or if he was talking to himself. The only thing you knew was that he was right, you were good. You were doing good. You smiled, composing yourself as you stepped away from the hug and held up the bag you’d brought. “I’ve baked you guys some cake.” You announced, and Namjoon smiled as he accepted the box from you and swung his arm towards the door ahead of you. The gate slowly started closing you in as you headed into the familiar direction. After everything that happened you’d needed a distraction. Something you couldn’t totally loose yourself in so you wouldn’t feel as useless and powerless as your ex boyfriend had managed to make you feel just by letting you go. So you’d started getting into baking, and it had turned out that you’d loved it. So your dad had bought you everything you needed to get started, and you’d taken it from there. Started easy, challenging yourself, and eventually creating things you had never thought you were capable of. It was one of the reasons why you’d chosen for the bakery, it inspired you. Besides, anything to be rid of the smell of shoes surrounding you which continuously reminded you of the person who’d broken your heart. 

 

“Is everyone here?” You asked as you stepped inside of the living area, where all seemed quiet and still. Usually there was always someone around whenever you came by. The chance of one of the guys being here by themselves was nil. “Oh, we’re all here.” A well-known voice rang through the air and you grinned as Hoseok jumped up from his spot hidden behind the corner of the room. He pushed his headphones from his head and casually let them dangle around his neck as he walked over. He’d clearly been working on something, but he didn’t mention anythin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter