When he sends you mixed signals

Jungkook One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We’re so happy you made it! It wouldn’t have been the same without you.” Hoseok stated as he lowered his cheek on top of your shoulder, the weight of his face pressing down against your body. You were sure your sweater had to be tickling him, but he didn’t complain even once. You smiled at your friend, even though he wasn’t able to see it. You appreciated his thoughtful words, because you had indeed made an effort to be here tonight, it hadn’t been easy to get the night off.  But it was his birthday, so tonight the only right spot for you to be was at your friend’s side. The noisiness inside of the practice room was slowly starting to disappear and it seemed as if everyone had found something to do for themselves. Jimin was sitting against the large mirrored wall, scrolling through his phone with a frown on his forehead. Namjoon was talking something through with one of the staff members, his head bobbing very convincingly when the other spoke. Yoongi had searched himself a chair and had threw himself on it while staring into space, probably wondering when he’d be getting his next cup of coffee. Jin had disappeared to get some food, because the others had been complaining for an hour straight that they were hungry and he was done with their nagging. 

Taehyung was holding a camera, spinning it round and round and his loud laugh rang through the room every once in a while, as he filmed the youngest member. And Jungkook, he was showing off his dance moves, the only one who was still energetic enough to keep going, the only one who didn’t seem to be dead after their three hour practice which had just ended. If you hadn’t been so pissed with him you were sure it would have been nice to watch him. There had been a time you had fantasized about the way his body moved to the music, that you awed him for all his talents and his courage. Now, you made sure your glance passed him by as you studied your friends, and you knew he noticed. He’d been trying to catch your look through those mirrored walls all night, and you hadn’t once given into him. He didn’t deserve your attention, not after the way he’d ben behaving these past couple of weeks. You poked your tongue against the inside of your cheek as you ignored his burning gaze and focused yourself on the conversation you were having with your friend instead. 

“I want you to be happy.” You announced as you tugged up your legs and folded them underneath yourself on top of the couch. Your muscles were already stiff by sitting on this couch for quite a while, you weren’t sure if you’d still be able to get up. As if triggered by your words Hoseok jolted upright and turned so he was facing you, his knees bumping against your own. With raised eyebrows you looked up at him, confused as to why he seemed this alert all of a sudden. His dark eyes were studying you, as if they wanted to take in every single feature of your face. You tried not to blush at the intensity of it, but failed miserably. You didn’t like your friend that way, you’d never seen him as anything but your brother and the thought of ever having any sort of romantic feeling towards him just felt wrong. But he was the friend who knew about your developing feelings for Jungkook and by now you wished you had kept it a secret. Sometimes he could look at you in those particular ways, as if he was trying to tell you something, as if he was trying to remind you of those feelings even when you didn’t want to be remembered of them, moments like this one right now. His glance shifted between you and Jungkook as he said, 

“I want you to be happy too.” A deep line appeared between your eyebrows as you pressed them together, a look of disagreement covering your face when all of a sudden Jimin hoisted himself up from his spot against the mirror and shuffled over to you. He threw himself down on the couch next to you and reached out his finger to press it up against your frown. His touch was soft, familiar and it caused Jungkook’s movements to falter slightly. “Why do you seem so sad these days? Did something happen?” Jimin asked and Hoseok opened his mouth to say something, but snapped it close as soon as he noticed the daggers you were sending his way. “I’m not sad, I just have a lot on my mind.” You muttered, which wasn’t a lie. A few weeks ago, when all of this had first started, you had indeed been sad. You had been sad, confused and disappointed. But gradually those feelings had changed into something else, they’d become something which felt like anger and pride. 

Because for a moment you had actually been sure that the guy you’d fallen in love with had the same feelings about you. For so long he’d been saying all the right things, he’d been spending time with you, had made you laugh.He had treated you like a special someone, he had made you feel that way. Until a few weeks ago, when he had suddenly started ignoring you, as if you were air. The other day he had given you compliment, had flirted with you while everyone had been watching, and the other it had been as if he had no idea you existed. At first you had been stupid enough to blame yourself for Jungkook’s idiotic behavior. You had asked Hoseok for advice several times, but even he had no idea what was going on in his youngest friend’s head. You’d been wondering if you’d done something wrong, if you’d said something to provoke him. But after thinking it through, over and over again, you knew there was nothing you were to blame for. But even those conclusions couldn’t help you from hurting, from knowing what you could have had and how great things had were, and how you had been treated these past few days. When you asked him something he simply ignored you and he refused to sit with you during breaks. 

He barely looked at you, it was almost as if yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter