When he doesn't realize you're sick

Jungkook One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sitting on one of the benches on the side you watched the big smiles on the guys faces. The air inside of the room was hot and smelled of junk food and somehow that should have been a good combination, but not today. As Jungkook walked forward to grab another ball he turned his head to wink at you and you smiled back at him as well as you could. Your boyfriend had asked you along on a night out with Yugyeom and you actually really liked him. You could tell your boyfriend felt at ease around him and the two of them always had so much fun if they were together. To be honest they were quite a hilarious duo. Jungkook had been totally ready to leave when you had marched into his dorm after your schedule and had completely forgotten to inform you about his change of plans. You’d been able to tell that he’d felt terrible about the entire thing, knowing that you had come over all the way for nothing after a tiring day. So he had asked you if perhaps you wanted to join them. Actually, to be very honest you hadn’t been in the mood to still go anywhere. You had prepared yourself for a night on the couch. You had been feeling off the entire day, and the only thing you still wanted to do was crawl into bed and sleep. Of course you would have loved it even more if he had been able to stay with you instead of having to stay behind with the others by yourself, but at that moment that hadn’t even seemed like the worst case scenario. You’d been exhausted and worn out. Yet, Jungkook hadn’t let you talk yourself out of it, no matter what kind of excuse you came up with. He had kept on going on about the fact that it had been so long since you’d lastly seen Yugyeom and that you should have some fun once in a while. Like he was the one to judge you about that. 


Knowing that you weren’t very good at bowling he had suggested for you to just watch and he’d assured you that it would be great. How had you been able to say no to him if he wanted to spend some time with you so badly? He had seemed so excited, you hadn’t been able to refuse. Though by now you really wished you hadn’t listened to his begging. Your state had gotten worse over time and right now you were simply feeling like crap. Grabbing another tissue out of your bag you used it to blow your nose, feeling a serious headache throbbing behind your temples. You longed for that warm and cozy bed at this moment, and you knew that you should have just stayed home. In that way the boys could have had their fun without you sitting here, trying to pretend you were fine and trying not to ruin their night and you could have enjoyed a little power nap. Yugyeom walked over to you as the other boy took his spot in front of the bowling alley, getting ready for another throw. Jungkook loved to bowl and even though you had never quite understood his adoration for the sport, you often went with him. Which girlfriend wouldn’t do something she didn’t like just to please the guy she loved? He’d taught you a few techniques, had helped you to learn how to use your muscles to create more power while throwing, and actually he had just learned you how to bowl. At first it had been embarrassing as you had thrown every single ball into the gutter and he had soon figured out that laughed it you wasn’t the right way to make you feel better. So instead, he had helped you get the hang of it. You still weren’t actually good at it, but by now you no longer dreaded the thought of going with him. 


“He’s winning again.” Yugyeom said as you both watched him search for the right aim before he swung his arm backwards, took a little leap and then sent the ball towards the pins. Knocking them all over the word strike beamed on top of the screen. When he turned around with a proud expression and you sent him a thumbs up, yet the smile on your face even hurt you. You figured the sight of it probably wasn’t ideal as well. “Are you okay? You’re so quiet today.” He suddenly asked and when you turned your head to look at him you noticed his attentive look. It seemed like he had noticed sooner than your own boyfriend, how ironic. Sighing deeply you shrugged your shoulders, trying to look as if nothing was going on. What would you win if you would start complaining now? You didn’t want them to start worrying over you while they were supposed to be having a fun and carefree night. “I’ll be fine. But I guess it’s your turn. You better beat him, he’ll be too smug otherwise.” You encouraged him and he laughed and he patted your arm in a friendly manner before getting up to take his spot. You watched as the waiter passed by with several plates of food inside of his hands, the smell penetrating your nose thrills. Somehow your stomach managed to do flip flops inside of you and you pressed a hand against your abdomen in the hope to stop the nausea that suddenly washed over you. “Did you see that? I’m definitely going to win.” Jungkook smirked as he threw himself down on the bench beside you, reaching for his drink and taking big gulp. Yugyeom pulled a face at him before he picked up his ball and got ready for his turn. Chuckling he turned himself towards you and frowned when he realized your expression. 


Leaning your chin inside of your hand you watched the way the game dragged forward slowly, they weren’t even halfway done yet. You couldn’t remember a game ever lasting so long before. It was almost like time was slowing down on purpose. “What’s up with you today? If you weren’t in the mood to come you should have just stayed home.” He suddenly mocked and the words caused your heavy head to snap up in his direction. This had to be some kind of joke. But the look on his face told you that he was damn serious, annoyed even as he stared you down. Why did the urge to hit him come over you all of a sudden? “Are you kidding me? I came because you asked me to come, you almost dragged me here. You barely gave me a choice.” You reminded him, to which he sniffed, almost as if you were being dramatic. You knew this wasn’t the right way to react and that you would only make him even more irritated by stepping up against him. The more you pushed the harder he pushed back. You knew he barely had the time to hang out with his friends outside of work and so you knew that nights like these were precious to him. Still, that didn’t give him a reason to talk to you like this. You were trying your best for him, while in fact you had wanted to leave as soon as you’d gotten in here. If he would just take the effort of asking you what was wrong and actually looking at you, you wouldn’t be doing this right now. Then you could tell him that you weren’t feeling well and this argument didn’t have to take place. But he wasn’t doing any of those things, instead he was getting angry with you. 


“I thought you wanted to come! I thought it would be fun. But instead you’re sitting here with a grumpy face all night and you’re ruining it for all of us.” He growled lowly, making sure that his friend wouldn’t overhear the two of you as he readjusted the cap on top of his head. Yugyeom was taking his second throw, not even slightly aware of the steam that should be coming out of your ears by now. He was such a brad, and you weren’t panning on taking this, not today. “ you Jungkook. I came here because you asked me to. I never asked to be taken along. But don’t worry, if that’s the way you think about it, I’m leaving.” You said, grabbing your bag and pulling on your coat. Seeing the way he poked his tongue inside of his cheek you could tell he wanted to say something, but he decided against it. His ego was probably in the way and stopping him from asking you to stay. “Fine, I’ll ask Yugyeom to drive me home.” He said instead as you got up from the uncomfortable bench, your all stiff. Feeling that your balance was off you supported yourself when you almost tripped, dizziness flowing through you. You could tell Jungkook wanted to extent his hand to you in surprise, but instead his fingers fisted at his side, his stubbornness stopping him from moving. “Fine, whatever. You have fun winning your stupid game.” You grumbled before setting off, not even throwing him another glance as you rushed straight towards the exit. You couldn’t stand being in the same room as him any longer, you had to get out of here. You had sacrificed your own night for him, and this was what you got? 


Throwing the door open you stepped into the night and welcomed the cool air as it his you straight in the face. It was only then you realized how hot you felt, your head gleaming. Taking a steady breath in the hope to calm yourself down you walked towards the car. The street was abandoned when you reached into your bag to search for your car keys. Knowing those two they could have kept going for quite a long time. Perhaps it was a good thing that you were leaving now. Climbing into the vehicle you rested your head against the car seat. You were supposed to be staying the night at the boy’s dorm, your members weren’t expecting you to be back any time soon. Besides, their place was much closer to the bowling alley than yours and you didn’t feel good enough to drive the long distance. If your head wouldn’t hit a pillow soon you were sure you would cause accidents. So even though you no longer felt like seei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter