When you surprise him for his birthday

Jungkook One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is he suspecting anything?” You asked, pushing your sunglasses a little higher on top of your nose to shield yourself from the sun. Taehyung chuckled on the other side of the phone, and you were almost ready to demand an answer from him. “Nope, completely clueless. He’s annoyed though, what did you do?” He asked, but you avoided the question by bidding him goodbye and telling him you’d be meeting them soon. You’d been preparing this surprise for weeks now and you were surprised that everyone who knew about it had been able to keep it a secret for so long. You were even shocked that you hadn’t told him anything yourself, because of your excitement. The sun was shining down brightly on you and you hummed as you prevented your dress from flying up because of a breeze that swooped by. There wasn’t anything that could ruin your mood today. Being in a relationship with an idol wasn’t the easiest thing. Especially not if that meant two idols dating each other. Jungkook had never made a problem of it, thinking it was easy to date someone who understood the things he went through and being just as busy as him so he didn’t have to feel too guilty about not having much time for you. He didn’t mind being with you even though he wouldn’t always get to be with you. As you had expected being idols who both worked at different companies wasn’t exactly the easiest thing you’d ever done, but it was going fine to far. 


The two of you sent endless texts and called each other often. He’d FaceTime you almost every night to tell you about his day, and to inform you about the latest details about their upcoming album and their world tour. When he’d first told you that he’d be leaving for such a long time he had been devastated, not wanting to leave you behind for so long. You didn’t want him to feel bad about it, after all you’d have to do the exact same thing very soon because your own world tour would be starting almost right at the time his was done. It was a part of his job and you understood that he couldn’t always stick with you. This was his dream and you supported him one hundred percent. Still, you had bawled your eyes out when the moment had arrived when he’d actually have to leave. Back then the thought of missing him for so long had crushed you and you hadn’t been able to hold back your tears when he’d wrapped his arms around you to say goodbye. He’d begged you not to cry, feeling his own eyes water because of your emotional state and had promised you that he’d call often and that he would text you during every free minute he had, he would give them all to you. Now he had been gone for an entire month already and and he had held onto his promise so far. You hadn’t really had the chance to miss him that much because you heard from him everyday. He’d text you about how his concerts had been and the things he’d done in his free time. When you told him you were missing his voice he’d call you and when he wanted to see you he would video call. 


The only thing there was to miss right now was his presence, his hugs and his kisses. You often imagined the lazy times you had wth him in your dorms on the couch or in his bedroom. Or the crazy ones when you two would be fooling around together, teasing your other members. Knowing that you would see him again soon made your heart flutter inside of your chest. It was Jungkook’s birthday today but when he had texted you this morning, you had pretended as if it was just a day like any other. Being his girlfriend he had expected you to call him in the morning wish him a happy birthday, but none of that had happened. Instead you had ignored it. So as to answer Taehyung’s question why Jungkook seemed this annoyed, it was because he thought you had forgotten about his birthday. Though he had no idea you had been planning this for months. You had made sure that you had a day off today, you had moved your activities from your schedule and had worked your off the weeks before so you didn’t have to work today. Your members had immediately understood what was going on and had helped you out, knowing that you really wanted to be with your boyfriend on this special day. Then you had told the guys, asking them where they were performing on that date so that you could book a flight ticket. They had been completely up for the idea, knowing that their youngest would be grumpy anyway because he wouldn’t be able to see you on his birthday. It seemed like a winning situation for everyone. 


So they had secretly been giving you all the information you needed, telling you the address of their hotel, making sure there would be someone at the airport to pick you up and security who made sure you wouldn’t get into trouble when you got seen. Yoongi had texted you this morning about Jungkook’s unknowing state and Taehyung had confirmed it to you. Now you were sure that your surprise had remained a surprise, you felt butterflies inside of your stomach because of the nervousness you were feeling. It was as if you were giving a concert yourself tonight. Adrenaline was rushing through you by the thought of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter