When he's affectionate in front of s

Jungkook One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The thing is just that I really thought it was going to be great. But then it turned out that in the end it wasn’t that good at all.” He muttered, shifting his head on your stomach so he could look at you. With your arms around him you listened carefully to him as he blurred out his worries to you. The two of you were spread across the couch, enjoying the quietness that the guy’s dressing room had to offer you. Sometimes he could get into these states when he would throw our every single one of his problems to you. Jungkook wasn’t one who talked about stuff when they occurred and sometimes you had to ask at least ten times before he would finally open up about things. But when he had one of those days then he would bring up every small thing that had bothered him over the past few weeks. 

Then the two of you would talk for hours and you could see how much he appreciated that you made the time to listen to him going on and on, letting one piece of information roll into the next. Sometimes it were only small matters, which he had noticed. But sometimes he could have some thoughts running through his head which made you surprised that he had them at all. It proved how much was going on in his twenty one year old brain on a daily basis. There was no time for the two of you to be young and foolish, since your teenage years the two of you had had to act like grown ups, and you were still carrying those results with you today. There were moments he refused to talk to you, then he’d be worrying about putting too much pressure on you, knowing you were already stressed and you had enough things going on without his misery on top of it. 

Or he’d be insecure, afraid that you’d get tired of him always complaining and using you as the person he ventilated his thoughts on. But somehow, in the end he always ended up with you like this. He couldn’t keep it from you for a very long time, eventually you would notice if something was bothering him. “I think I let my hopes get up so high, I didn’t think there was a chance I’d get disappointed.” He went on, closing his eyes when your hand brushed through his hair. A deep sigh left his lips as he nestled his face against on your shoulder, enjoying how close you were to him. With your legs tangled together you listened to the sound of each other’s breathing and you felt his heartbeat against your chest. “It’s okay to hope for things. Otherwise what’s left for us to do?” You muttered, cuddling you closer to him. Sometimes Jungkook could be in a very big need of affection. 

While others always thought that he was the big spoon and he would only cuddle you, there were many times it was the other way around. He needed to be the one to be protected and loved just as much as you did and you didn’t mind that at all. In fact, you loved it that your boyfriend found you important enough to seek comfort in you and to trust you enough with this side of him. He hummed, and you could tell he was nearing the phase of drifting off into a slumber. Promotions had tired him and stress involving his comeback had asked a lot of his energy. It caused him to become winy and to come towards the point where he simply wanted to crawl in bed and stay there for days. But laying here with you was just as perfect. 

Whenever you were around he always felt more at ease, as if he could handle the world. “Do you think we all have a purpose in this world?” He eventually asked, and you crunched your nose slightly, wondering where this philosophical mood of his was coming from. He could ask you such deep questions, those kind that asked a lot of thinking from you because they weren’t things you usually thought about. He moved his head to stare at the side of your face when you didn’t answer him and he found you lost in your own thoughts. He loved it that you took his questions seriously and didn’t just think they were foolish. “I guess so. It’s just our own choice as to how we fill in that purpose.” You explained, believing that for you that was the only right thing to say. What were you to do on this world if you didn’t have a reason to be here? There were so many people on this planet, and none of them would be able to live without passion, without a goal in life.   

“What do you think my purpose is?” He asked and you felt this question was one of those who’s answer was from big importance. Jungkook loved his job, his passion and the people he cared for. The last thing you wanted was to say a wrong thing right now, it had to be a reply that made him believe how special he was. You bit your lip, reminding yourself of everything he had told you over the months, the small things someone who wouldn’t listen closely to him wouldn’t remember. But people would be surprised about how much you could recall about the small moments with him. His thoughts and feelings were important to you and you and you would never forgive yourself if you ignored them. “I think your purpose is to make others happy and to inspire them with your music.” 

“Your purpose is to always remain yourself because the people who care about you love you exactly the way you are. And to make people love you more and more everyday, and to have fun, live your life to the fullest.” After saying it you felt extremely cheesy and a deep blush was traveling across your cheeks. Thankfully he wasn’t looking at you right now, or he’d be able to see how embarrassed you were. As if he’d heard that thought he decided to tilt up his head and look straight into your eyes. A smile was covering his face, though he looked just as shy about your sweet words for him. “That all sounds great! But you forgot something.” He mumbled lifting his hand to brush a strand of hair behind your ear which had fallen in front of your eyes. He was teasing you, you could tell, but you still decided to play his little game. “Oh really? And what’s that?” 

His gaze locked with yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter