When he's a nerd

Jungkook One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can you at least pretend as if your paying attention?” He snapped and when you looked up to stare at his face, you were surprised about the true frustrated, almost angry expression you saw writing across of it. He had every right to be annoyed about this whole situation and you knew that you should apologize for your behavior, but somehow you couldn’t. There was a big lump inside of your throat, your mind was foggy. No matter how hard you tried, you couldn’t seem to focus. Yet, you tried as you straightened up inside of your seat and tried to concentrate on the letters and number in front of you. But it seemed as if you had truly messed things up this time, because he wasn’t quite done with you yet. “I told mister Kim that it was an insane idea to pare us up for tutoring. It’s obvious that you’re not even willing to try. I don’t get why we’re here.” He rambled, throwing his pencil down on top of his papers, creating a messy line across of his usually neat notes. You cringed by the loud sound of his voice that echoed through the empty class room. The two of you were the only ones left in here. Everyone else was long gone. There was no one who was crazy enough to stick around at school during a normal Friday evening. By now they were all enjoying their night at home, celebrating the fact that it was finally weekend. Something they had been looking forward to for five long days. 

 

You hadn’t meant to be here today. The last thing you wanted was to spend your free time in a stuffed room with someone who clearly wasn’t in the mood to be in here with you. Jungkook had always been very straight forward about the fact that he didn’t like you. It seemed as if he didn’t like people who were covered by the theme, stupid enough to fail a test, especially if they failed more than one, like you. He had always been known for getting the best grades in classes, and being able to solve the hardest exercises. Classes who were hard for the most of you were boring for them, and he passed them while sleeping through them. He was naturally smart, people called it a photographic memory. It was as if he looked at something once, and he already knew everything about it. In his case, it was as if for him it was the same with people. He had shot you one single look on a Monday morning, and right at that second he had already decided that you were one of those students who were too stupid for him to deserve his time and attention. And now you were here, the two of you, together and you were sure he hated you even more for it. It got very obvious by the glances he was sending you from the other side of the table. 

 

It was clear that he was expecting some sort of an apology from you, as he crossed his arms over his chest. He had tossed his glasses to the side a while ago and you were convinced that he actually didn’t even need them. He could see fine without them, but they made him look smarter, they fitted him. There were a lot of people who said that Jeon Jungkook had it all. He had the looks and the brains, and the attitude. People moved aside for him in the hallways, asked him for help with their homework which he would refuse every single time. Girls swooned for him, guys wanted to be in his favor. He was a nerd, but not the one who got bullied, but the one that got admired. Your eyes scanned his face, watching the way his bangs fell across of his forehead and the way his chocolate brown eyes drilled into yours. It sent shivers down your spine. “I’m sorry.” You choked out the words, not because you didn’t want to tell them to him but because you actually felt intimidated by him. It didn’t seem to satisfy him, instead it only seemed to make his temper rise further. Panic came over you when you saw how he began to pack his things, starting by shoving his pens and pencils back into their case. 

 

“Whatever, you sort this out yourself. This isn’t even worth my time. You’re not even listening at what I’m telling you.” He sourly said, pushing his stuff inside of his bag and swinging it over his shoulder while getting up. Not knowing what else to do, you jumped up as well, your chair crashing towards the floor behind you because of your rushed movements. You didn’t know what to do, the only thing you knew was that he couldn’t go. You needed this, you needed him. If he would leave you to your own misery right now then things would be over for you. He seemed to stiffen when you reached for him and grabbed a hold of his perfectly ironed buttoned up white shirt. Your fingers curled around the fabric and they turned white because of the pressure you were putting on it. You could feel your heart beating inside of your ears. He turned his head towards you, and at first he looked at you as if he was about to shrug you off, barking to you not to touch him ever again. You didn’t even know yourself where you had found the courage to do so in the first place. But there must have been something about the look on your face that made him stop and swallow his snarky comment. 

 

“Please, don’t go.” You panted, realizing how strained your voice sounded and you quickly cleared your throat. The silence inside of the building was threatening to crush you and you had to fill it up by speaking. It was the only thing that could safe you right now. “Please, I need this. If I don’t pass…It’s my only chance, my last chance.” What you were saying was probably nonsense and even a guy as smart as Jungkook wasn’t able to understand. It was clear by the way he frowned, his thoughtful and noticeable eyes scanning all over your features. He had never looked at you that way before, with any more emotion than pure boredom or irritation. Right now he even looked as if he was trying to read you, as if you were some kind of difficult puzzle he had to solve. Maybe he was good in math, but it didn’t seem as if he was that good in figuring out girls. “Your last chance

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter