When he pranks you but goes too far 🎃

Jungkook One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We have to stick to the theme." Taehyung explained to you as you shot him a hesitant look. Beside him Hoseok sniffed, clearly on your side. When you had let yourself be convinced into coming over tonight you hadn't expected for this to happen. What you had been longing for was a quiet and relaxing night, not one filled with palpitations and sweaty hands. Yet, beside you Jungkook seemed completely up for it as he nestled himself against the cushions of the couch. Yoongi seemed uninterested and seemed to be doubting if he should stay here or work some more on his music instead. Maybe you had to keep the option open of going with him, so that at least you would get some sleep tonight. "I don't know." Seokjin muttered on the other side of the room, tugging his legs underneath him in his personal sofa. He always wanted the one seat, saying that as the oldest one of the team and the official grandpa he deserved his own spot. Taehyung ignored him and you watched the way he was reaching for the remote, planning on switching the channel to Netflix. Knowing him he would probably act all tough now, but he would chicken out after the twenty minutes, convincing all of you he was just tired and he wanted to go to bed. Searching for a way out your brain was thinking of the right excuse, but you couldn't find one. "I'm going to bed." You eventually announced, already pushing yourself up from your spot in the hope to make it out of the room before someone could protest. But you had barely moved an inch as two strong arms wrapped themselves around you, tugging you back against a firm chest. You squirmed in his hold, trying to escape, but that was impossible. 


"It's eight a’clock babe, you can't go to bed." Jungkook announced, and you could hear the smile inside of his voice as he tightened his hold around you, forcing you in between his legs. Stilling in his grasp you found yourself having a hard time giving into your defeat. How did you have to explain to him that you were not up for this? You really didn’t feel the need to join them watching this now that you knew they were planning on spending it watching some kind of horror series. You had heard about this one before, had read the gossips on the internet that it was said to be so scary that several people had simply stopped watching, ting themselves. This was not the type of soap for a person who already wasn’t a fan of scary things, a person like you. You’d never enjoyed this genre of movies or books, didn’t understand what others liked about them. What was wrong with the nightmare before Christmas? It was a movie suited for so many holidays and one linked to Halloween which you actually found yourself enjoying. The haunting of Hill House was not what you would suggest to watch on a night like this but that was what Taehyung had proposed and it didn’t sound like something you would watch without being obligated into doing it. It wouldn’t be the first time you’d find yourself having bad dreams because of watching something on a late night. Perhaps it was childish and Jungkook would think you were a loser because you couldn’t stand looking at this, but you didn’t care about what he thought. He could tease you all he wanted, he wasn’t the one who had to deal with the paranoia that something could pop out behind every piece of furniture after this was over. 


Sending him a look which should instantly tell him how you were thinking about this you tried to untie his arms from around yourself. “I think I’ll sit this one out.” You tried again, making sure he could hear the urge inside of your voice, but your boyfriend simply tilted his head to the side and shot you an innocent smile. But behind that grin, inside of his dark brown eyes you could see the devilish glint. He wasn’t planning on letting you escape. You glared at him as he started making himself more comfortable on the couch, making sure you were cuddled against his chest. “You don’t have to be scared, I’ll keep you safe.” He assured you and you let out a deep sigh as you stopped struggling. Why put all the effort in it? If he wasn’t planning on letting you go freely than there was no way for you to sneak out. Your body stiffened against him when all of a sudden Jimin turned off the lights, leaving the eight of you present in a completely dark room, only the TV screen lighting up your faces. Jungkook chuckled in your ear, pressing a small kiss underneath your lobe as to calm you. “Relax.” He muttered softly, making sure the others weren’t able to hear him. You really dreaded the moment but eventually it couldn’t be helped as Taehyung pressed play and the first episode started. You would never be able to sit this out for an entire season. Knowing that this single one took an hour already made you want to sulk. You really didn’t want to be here.  It wasn’t fair, Jungkook was known not to be easily shaken. He didn’t mind spending his time on the couch and endure this. Grabbing a pillow from the corner of the sofa you used it as a shelter, cradling it against your chest and planning to hide behind it if necessary. It would be so much better if you could convince them to turn off the sounds, but you were well aware that would never be allowed. 


Squeezed the pillow in your hold you tried your hardest to keep a straight face as the intro rolled by. Watching the family trying to adapt to their new house as the father went to tell his kids that it everything they saw were just dreams. Even though nothing had happened yet, you already knew that this was going to be bad. There was a certain sphere around it, that told you that something terrible was about to happen. Trying to focus on the way Jungkook’s chest was raising and falling against your back you hoped that the movement would calm you. None of the things you saw on that screen were real, they were all fiction, played by great actors and actresses. All of the things you saw were just special effects, those kinds of things didn’t happen in real life. You held onto that as you pressed your face even closer into the fabric, wishing you could hide yourself. If only Jungkook would hold you a little tighter, so you could curl into him and you would feel more protected. Soon the progress of the episode became different, the music became darker and the tension was building up. As soon as you saw the little boy walking towards the door you wanted to scream at him, telling him not to open it. That was always how it went, everyone who watched this knew that it was a stupid move to see what was on the other side of the door, knowing that it would either kill you or scare the crap out of you. But what was also typical was that the character never listened, and was always stubborn enough to open the door anyway. You jumped when all of a sudden Hoseok let out a numbed yelp beside you as the door knob started moving itself, without the boy touching it. 


It was as if your heart was about to beat out of your chest, trying to break through its cage. The sudden sound had startled you more than the image in front of you. If you wouldn’t need this pillow so bad you would have launched it at his head by now. Jungkook’s soft laugh rang from behind you and you felt like nudging him. How dare he laugh at you while he knew very well how scared you were? It was his fault you were here watching this stupid thing in the first place. In the end, there hadn’t been anyone in the hallway and you never found out who had been twisting that door

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter