When you have appendicitis

Jungkook One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as the lights went out you felt your legs give out underneath you, as if someone had just turned off a switch and had caused all the muscles inside of your body to go limp. Well, actually that wasn’t the right was to describe it, because in fact your muscles were so tense that you could barely control them. “Come on, let’s go.” Amber muttered inside of your ear as she tugged your arms underneath your armpit and started helping you up from the floor. A white light flashed in front of your eyes and you heard the way a groan escaped from between your teeth, even though you were clenching them together. You had to try your hardest to catch your breath, because it was as if each and every one of them was almost too much to handle. You were sure you had never felt like this before in your entire life. Placing your right hand in your side you practically limped off the stage and crashed down the second you reached the end of the staircase. At least now you couldn’t be seen by fans, at least now no one would worry. Well, no one but your band members, who had all gathered around you from a safe distance, worried looks spread all over their faces. One of your paramedics, Mark made his way over to you, and crouched down beside you. You moaned as rested the back of your head against the stage, the sound of music coming from the next performance drumming inside of your head. 

A layer of sweat had formed itself onto your forehead, and you weren’t someone who sweat a lot during a performance. Something was wrong, you could tell. It was as if your own body was turning itself against you. You didn’t know what to do with yourself, standing had been horrible and while being on that stage, dancing and singing had almost cost you your consciousness. The pain you felt was beyond normal. “Where does it hurt?” Mark asked, his attentive eyes studying your face. You didn’t need to see yourself in order to know that you probably looked as pale as a ghost. Still, you felt hot, but somehow you couldn’t help but shiver. “On the right.” You choked, pointing at your right abdomen while someone came up to you with a bag of ice and a bottle of water. You hadn’t even noticed how much you’d been burning up until someone pressed that icepack against the back of your neck. It wasn’t the first time one of you got unwell during a concert or someone broke down at the end, so most of the staff were prepared on how to react during this kind of situation. Mark gave you one of those looks again. The last time he’d used that one had been when Jessica had twisted her ankle on stage and he had forbidden her from joining the choreographies on stage for almost a month. Whenever he felt the need to send out one of you those glances, it surely wasn’t a good sign. 

During different circumstances you would have asked him about it by now, because you hated it that he wouldn’t speak up and let you wait so long before he explained things to you. But today you didn’t have the energy to ask him and the only thing your mind seemed to be able to think of was the pain you were enduring. It was a kind of pain that didn’t allow you to think of anything but that feeling, and it was starting to take over every single nerve inside of your body. To be honest you weren’t quite sure how long you’d still be able to handle this. “I think we need to take you to the hospital.” Mark said, his voice serious. That final word was enough to make you lift your eyes to look up at him, because you didn’t like the sound of it. It had been a while since you’d been in a hospital, you’d managed to avoid that place for a while now. It was one of your least favorite places to go and it wasn’t standing very high on the list of destinations you wished to go next. You were in the middle of promotions, you really didn’t need any of this right now. “Why? Do you think it’s serious?” Amanda asked from your left side, looking almost just as miserable as you felt. There was no way you could forget that all of you had worked your asses off tonight. Everyone was tired and knowing them they probably just all wanted to go back to the hotel and enjoy a relaxing night. But of course you had to be the one to ruin those plans. 

“Yeah, I’m thinking it might be a appendicitis, but they’ll have to do some tests to be sure.” Mark explained, and your own eyes widened in surprise by the sound of that. One of your friends had once suffered from an appendicitis, and she had seemed just as miserable as you did now. You didn’t remember much of it, since it had been in the middle of an event and she had been rushed to the hospital while you had stuck around. “Jesus, isn’t that dangerous?” Amber asked and you could tell she was holding your phone, because of the case it was in. You’d completely forgotten about it, and as soon saw it, you knew that wasn’t the only thing you’d failed to keep in mind. “Jungkook just texted you, he’s asking you when you’ll be meeting him tonight.” Amber said on cue, but you were barely able to think straight as Mark and Amanda helped you up from the floor, ready to get you towards the car. “Just tell him what happened, and that if he has the time he can meet me at the hospital.” You groaned at her while you walked through the corridors. Out of the corner of your eyes you watched her typing the message and you could only hope that he wouldn’t be too worried. 

He shot upright in bed after reading through the text several times. At first he was just confused as to why one of your friends would answer his message instead of you, and the meaning of it hadn’t really penetrated into his mind. But it didn’t take long for it to settle in, but he had to read it another three times before he actually got himself to move. He was worried, that much was for sure. He didn’t know much about medical conditions, but appendicitis was one of the little illnesses he had heard from. He knew it was a common thing, that it happened to quite a few people, but he also knew it wasn’t good when it happened to someone, and now that someone happened to be you. He didn’t even hesitate about staying at home while you were in the hospital and he quickly shuffled towards the edge of the bed. It was strange that it had all happened so suddenly. The two of you had FaceTimed last night and you had seemed absolutely fine. In fact you had seemed very excited about today’s plans to meet each other. It was hard to believe that things had gotten so serious after such a short amount of time. Gathering his car keys and his wallet he set off towards the door of his room, where he got another surprise when he opened it. 

He flinched when he saw a fist heading straight for his face, but it stopped right on time, as the owner of it seemed to realize that the door had already opened before he could knock. “God, you scared me. Where are you going?” Namjoon asked, staring at his friend. Jungkook had told his leader about his date night and his thought of staying in today. He was probably here to ask if the two of you would have dinner at the dorm or you were going to go out to grab something to eat. well, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter