When you get hurt

Jungkook One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Go! Go! Go! Faster you…” Jimin scolded across the field, using his arms and legs to express himself as Taehyung made his way from one square over to the next. He ran straight past it, reaching the second just as Hoseok fisted the ball between his hands, swinging it up in the air with a loud yelp. “You better not finish that sentence Park Jimin!” Namjoon scolded, causing Jimin to chuckle and call out all the possible options he could have used to do so anyway. A burst of laughter rang through the open air, and you leaned back on your hands in the grass as you enjoyed the rays of sunlight warming up your face. It was one of the first real beautiful days of the year, and you couldn’t think of a better way to spend it than just so. The first day the sun actually felt warm and cozy, instead of simply shining down and making it seem like summer outside. The air smelt fresh, blossoms hanging on the trees around the open field. Cloud drifted by slowly, making it seem as if time passed leisurely. You sighed, content, as your eyes scanned the boys playing a ‘friendly’ game of baseball.

 

The guys had just finished filming for their newest episode for The Soop today. Jungkook had asked you to come by, and you had watched the final few cuts, laughing silently behind the crew, before they wrapped up. You had missed each other a lot recently. Things had been busy on both of your ends. College was being a , and as your paper was due in a few weeks, you spend a majority of your behind your computer, typing away about stuff you thought you barely seemed to know anything about. Jungkook had been away from home none stop, busy promoting, recording in the studio and filming for the next season of The Soop.

 

So when he’d asked you over, and you had seemed to have run against a writers block, you hadn’t been able to refuse his offer. Which caused you to be here, in this exact place in this exact time. And you wouldn’t want to be anywhere else at this very moment. You watched him closely as you smiled at his friends. His eyes focused on Hoseok as he threw the ball back to Jin, who was standing on the other end of the field. “Okay, who’s next?” Jin asked, as they waited for another batter to make their way forward. The sun was shining down on his dark hair. His cheeks slightly pink because of the heat.

 

You were too busy studying your boyfriend’s beautiful expression and didn’t notice Taehyung’s gaze landing on you until the sound of your name reached your ears. “____________! Get up! Take a swing.” Your eyes widened, like a deer in headlights. Jungkook raised his eyebrows at you, and you could see his words to defend you at the already forming on his lips. The thing was, you were pretty bad at sports. No, you were very ty at sports as a matter of fact. You were the one who was always sitting on the side, cheering everyone on and watching them do great things. You were amazed by people who were as flexible to reach their fingers to the ground while bending at their hips. Or who shot a ball into the middle of two poles in one kick. But you were always the one sitting out, always the one saying no. And for this once, you didn’t want your boyfriend to have to speak up on your behalf. “Alright.” You mumbled, getting up from your spot and whipping off your hands. What was the worst that could happen? You could make a fool out of yourself, not being able to hit the ball. Cause that was the furthest you would ever get anyway.

 

This got you a cheer from the guys, even from Jungkook, though it was a surprised one. Jimin handed you the bat, giving you a pat on the shoulder and a huge supportive smile as you took your place at the first base. The bat felt foreign in your grip, heavier than you expected. You swung it from left to right, trying out the best way to hold it, and carefully placed your left hand underneath your right, the way you had seen Taehyung do it before you. Jin crouched down slightly, placing his huge glove in front of himself as he asked you to swing the bat once. As you did, you felt all the muscles you usually never used protest at the sudden movement.

 

Your cheeks reddened, figured you probably looked funny to your friends. But they were all focused onto the game, eyes on the ball and the bat, too busy to care about your possibly embarrassing yourself. “Okay, let’s give this a try.” Jin said, and he called back from three to one, sending the ball flying towards you right after. The instinct to turn away and run from the flying object racing towards you was overwhelming. But you squared your feet into the grass as it kept on coming closer and your breath hitched in your throat as you swung the bat forward. You heard the clinging sounds of metal taking a hit and watched in awe as the ball went soaring through the air. Disbelieve rushed through you, you’d actually done it, you’d hit it.

 

“Yes! RUN!” Yoongi shouted, jumping up and down beside you. He gave you a slight shove when you didn’t move, and got you into motion. You ran. Your lungs screamed for oxygen as you passed the first base, making your way towards Taehyung, who was clapping his hands together and chanting you on. You ran past Namjoon, who was guarding the third square, yet he moved over to make room for you as you ran past. Jungkook’s smile reached both of his ear as you shouted your name, and you grinned brightly at him as you raced towards him, taking his stand at the final base. You were going so fast, you felt like flying.

 

You couldn’t believe they ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter