When you stand up for him

Jungkook One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sitting across of each other in the back of the cosy restaurant you watched the way Jungkook's forehead creased as he stared down on the menu. With concentration lingering inside of his eyes he read through the different dishes, up from the starters all the way down to dessert. Eventually a big sigh left his lips as he lowered the small book back onto the table top and lifted his gaze to look at you. He smiled softly when he noticed you staring at him. "I never know what to order." He explained sheepishly, causing you to grin. It was almost unbelievable that the two of you were actually here right now, spending the night away from everything and everyone. It had been a while since you had gone out together somewhere apart from the dorms or your work events. Your schedules had been packed and when the two of you would have had time to hang out you usually spend it resting and catching up on each other's lives. But tonight he had done something out of the blue and he had asked you out on an actual date. You had expected something small, like for the two of you to go to the movies where you could hide in the back of the room, in the dark, with caps on so that no one would recognize you. Instead he had mentioned taking you to diner, so you had freaking knowing that you actually had to dress up. So you'd rushed to change from your casual outfit which consisted of jeans and a sweater and glide into a dress and a pair of high heels. You had just applied the final layer of lipgloss on when the doorbell had rung. And now you were here, stealing looks at the handsome guy in front of you who was wearing a button up shirt and a blazer jacket. He had tried to tame his frizzy hair and his sweet cologne reached you all the way from his side of the table. It wasn't like he had to try very hard in order to look good, he always looked like he had stepped out of the cover of a magazine. 

 

Eventually he had to make up his mind, as the waiter came and you had to place your order. As soon as he left Jungkook leaned back in his chair, slipping the jacket he was wearing down his arms and flinging it around the back of his chair. It was quite hot in here. And with him this close to you, it was as if the room was at least five degrees warmed than usual. Silently he supported his elbows on top of the table, leaning his chin in his folded hands. His gaze slipped through the room, as if looking for something interesting, before they rested on you. A small smile fixed itself on his face as you answered his look. "How was your day?" He asked, referring to the busy schedule you'd been trying to kick yourself through today. The recording of your commercial was finally finished and you were glad you were finally done eating sweets all day. Just the thought of them was enough to make your stomach twirl. At first it had seemed like a fun project, making a commercial for a new sort of candy, and the first few times they had been very delicious. But after three days you could see no more of them. When your manager had proposed for and your members to take a few bags home with you, you had all declined nicely. "It was okay, no more toothaches from now on." You mentioned, smiling at him as he chuckled softly. The door of the restaurant opened close by and you shivered as the cold breeze hit you in the back. Jungkook frowned as he saw and was already halfway up to change seats with you. Quickly you hushed him, grabbing his hand that was laying on his side of the table, and urged him back down. "It's fine." You ensured him, giving his hand a soft squeeze and planning to let go soon after, but to your surprise his fingers curled around yours. He usually wasn't the one who was very touchy in public, not wanting the two of you to gain much attention and for the gossips to get even worse. But you had already thrown everything overboard by coming here, so you might as well just keep going. Intertwining your fingers with his you felt his thumb caress the inside of your palm. 

 

"So, how are the guys?" You asked, curious since you hadn't seen them in a while. Everyone had been so busy these past few weeks, you were already content you got to see your boyfriend ever once in a while, leave alone his friends. By the look in his face you could see that a funny story was already developing in his mind and he was just opening his mouth to tell you when all of a sudden two girls showed up by your table. His words died on his lips as he turned his face towards them, just as you looked up to see who was intruding you. The girls seemed to be slightly younger than you, but the age difference couldn't be much. They didn't really seem dressed for the occasion of coming to have dinner here, and they didn't seem to be looking for a table. Instead their eyes were pointing right at Jungkook, and there didn't seem to be any warmth in them at all. They were staring him down, and you could tell their silence was making him uncomfortable. "Can I help you?" He asked eventually when they refused to speak up and you could feel a certain uneasiness starting to spread itself inside of you. There was something about these two that  told you this was about to be trouble. "I think you should apologize." The one on the right said, her voice light, like the ringing of soft bells. If her message would have held any good than she might have even sounded endearing. But right now it was nothing of such sort. You frowned in confusion and when you looked back at Jungkook you could tell she also had no idea what she was talking about. He looked puzzled and you started to feel for him. What the hell did these people want from him? "Your performance last week, it . You were worse than bad, you were terrible. Your voice sounded like , you looked like . Maybe you should think of a career switch?" The second girl said, loud and clear, so that the four of you were slowly starting to gain attention from the other filled tables around you. You could actually feel your jaw drop towards your chest. You couldn't believe she had the nerve to spat this right in his face in such a rude way. 

 

Anger was flaring through you as your boyfriend sat there, softly mumbling an apology, clearly ashamed of himself, while he shouldn't be. You had seen how hard he had practiced for that stage, how exhausted he had been after he had gotten home that night. He had been so tired his legs had barely been able to carry him and he had fallen asleep on the couch with his clothes on. But they didn't come to think of that, they only judged him based on those short performan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter