บทที่ 43

My Past, Present & Future

(Listening to i loved you first by Joan) 

 

"We had a deal," Amber chuckled first, "You know how much I want you to be with me tonight, right? And I promise after everything is done, we'll stay together," 

Krystal has lifted up her face and met Amber's soft gaze. She left a short reply, "I know," 

 

"So now, what's with that face?" 

 

"I'm disappointed because we got married and you just dumped me," 

 

 

Cupping half of her wife's face with her right palm, Amber said, "I'm not dumping you, Krys, please trust me. I'm really doing my best now," 

 

"What's the best part of this??? Clearly you know a newlyled couple should...should, you know, you know what it is we should do?" Krystal voiced out with a lot of awkward hand gestures, which made Amber slightly sniggered as response. 

 

"Of course, I do," Amber claimed and reached for Krystal's cold hands afterwards. She stared into the younger's sharp eyes. "If not, why I asked you to be my wife, by tonight, right?" 

 

Krystal stared back, "Glad you did," 

 

"Krys," she knew she was sulky but still able to curve a smile. "I remember that I can't touch you before the real wedding, and that was the deal. You agreed with it as well, I'm not alone," 

 

No words or any utters came out- only she still standing there looking blankly at the taller Amber. 

 

"Okay then since you refused me," Krystal sarcastically said. She flashed a fake smile and tapped Amber's broad shoulder, "I'll get going, see you later," 

 

"Krys? Are you mad at me?" Amber tried to look at Krystal's face.

 

"Nope," 

 

"Hey, look at me," Amber asked the younger's gaze to be upon her. "I trust you, Krystal, with my life," she confessed sincerely. 

"The reason I wanted us to be married by tonight because I want to prove it to you that my feeling is real. Loving you is real. Please don't get sulky, okay? I'm not going to concentrate well in my test tomorrow if I know my wife is pouting for the whole day since I resist to sleep with her," 

 

"Yah! Sleep isn't the main thing here, okay??" Krystal raised her voice as at the same time she felt it was so embarassing to stare straight into Amber's eyes. 

 

"Alright-alright, whatever it is, just trust me, I'm trying my best to control myself here, Krys. Or not, you're not going to sleep even for a minute tonight," Amber joked. 

 

"Hisyyy..." Krystal hissed then looked away. 

 

 

"Hmhhph, good luck then for your test," she added as her voice changed softly. Later, their eyes locked to each other deeply and before the boyish could utter a thing, Krystal threw herself into her arms. 

"I wish we will have more time after this, Amber," 

 

She ran her hand up and down at Krystal's back, soothing out, "All the time in the world, Krys. I promise," 

 

 

"I love you, Amber," 

 

 

"I love you too, Krys. Very much," 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

(Listening to Highschool Lover by Air)

 

 

Amber's POV 

 

"Your aura is different now, unnie," Yebin's voice crashed my daydream. I stopped munching and stared at her for a second, lifting both my eyebrows. 

"What do you mean different?" 

She pointed the chopsticks at my face and muttered, "This bright expression, that shiny eyes. Aaaa... what else? Yeah those things, are now different. Should I say, this happening since you've exchanged vows with Krystal unnie last night?" 

 

I smiled, 

"Whatever it is, Yebin-nie. Stop talking when your mouth is full, okay?" 

 

"Hwerghh," she denied directly and swallowed the food. 

"How do you feel now, unnie? I'm curioussss," 

 

Then, it's my turn to talk with mouth-fulled, 

"I'm sincerely delighted," 

 

 

She furrowed her forehead, "That's all?" 

 

 

I just nod as response. 

 

 

"Heshh, you are no fun!" she claimed, taking a big bite from her lunch box. 

 

 

"Marriage is," I glanced at her cute face, "The biggest thing in the world to accomplish. I didn't ask her to marry me just because I love her, but because I have faith that marriage will make us safe, and...somehow we will feel like we are being protected," 

 

She stared back at me, "Oh-foo, positivity huh?" 

 

I replied, "And what's wrong with that?" 

 

"Nada, I just got a thinking that you two will possibly become the bestest couple in the universe. You complete her, and she completes you. I could see that now, unnie," 

 

I interrupted casually then, "And that's how a married couple should be to each other,"

 

 

I'm not a perfect person to explain to Yebin about how marriage affects us in live, but I try to convince her that through marriage, there's a true completement we find from one another. She did ask me a lot of things, including the intimate part and I don't know why I think she has been anticipating more about it. 

 

 

"I'm sorry but there's certain thing should be left unsaid, don't you think?" I asked her back. 

 

She drank the banana milk in one go. 

"I was just asking, sister. No big deal," 

 

So then, chuckling, I ruffled her head gently. "Alright, just finish your drink and we have a tutor to catch up soon," 

 

 

"Tutor??? I thought we finished everything already???" her voice turned flat and she pouted . "Unnieeee, I don't want to go... I want to sleep!" 

 

"No, Yebin-nie, this tutor is important. Mrs. Han probably going to give up special tips for the last paper next month. Remember what you have said to me during our first year? You want to excel...?" I reminded her and cleaned the table thoroughly. 

 

"And I couldn't recall too that you-unnie will be married to a goddess while studying???" 

 

 

I released a mouthful sigh, 

"That was unplanned," 

 

 

"And to be honest, the tutor is unplanned, too, right??" 

 

 

"Kang Yebin," I gave her a firm stare. "You do not...?" 

 

She clamped her hands together and quickly apologized, 

 

"Okaysshhh, I'm sorry! Let's go now Ambericious!" 

 

 

"Ambericious???" 

 

"Yeah, your name when you're being so philosophy," 

 

 

"That sounds ridiculous," 

 

 

"Exactly," she joked and earned a slight tap on top of her head from me afterwards. We were heading to the library when we bumped to Irene and Seulgi in front of the monument gallery. I greeted them first but they didn't notice, so I called out their names louder than usual. 

 

Irene was first to see me before Seulgi. 

 

 

"Amber, you are still... here?" she asked hesitantly while changing stares with Seulgi on her side. 

 

 

"Yeah, as you can see clearly,  Irene-sshi," I nodded and curved a polite smile. "What do you mean I'm still here? Of course I should be here since I have to study and borrow books for our upcoming finals?" 

 

Seulgi voiced out, 

"Unnie, Krystal's mother has found out... about you two..." 

 

 

 

It was the moment my tongue felt like has been cut off by a knife, and my heartbeats fasten rapidly. I heard nothing but only the struggle of my own breathing.

Irene took a step forward and muttered, "I think it's better for you to solve this properly, Amber. Jessica unnie sent me a text, saying that they're in the main penthouse and don't worry, Krystal's godmother also there. We'll be ready here if you need anything, okay? Give a call immediately incase there's something happen," she reassured me, squeezing slightly at the edge of my left shoulder. 

 

Battling to speak, I nodded weakly. 
"Yeah, thanks Irene-sshi," 

 

Yebin, gripped hard on my right sleeve and questioned in her worry tone, 

 

 

 

"What is your plan now, Amber unnie?" 

 

 

 

I gazed at Yebin first, before I stared at both Seulgi and Irene. 

 

 

 

 

"I don't know..."

And they all seem to be more afraid than me after I mumbled the phrase. 

 

 

To be honest, at the moment,

I didn't think of my fear facing Krystal's mom, but in my mind, I pictured her face repeatedly. 

 

 

Because I am more afraid of she's getting hurt. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*** 

 

"Without my consent as a mother, how you both supposed to get married, Soo Jung?" Mrs. Soo Hye asked, staring sharply at Krystal's face. "You just scratched the whole image and name that we have for a long time," 

 

 

 

"You care less about my feeling than those honors you've been glorified? What kind of mother you are???" Krystal voiced out bravely as she stared back into her mother's eyes without a blink. 

 

 

"Krystal, stop it," the god-mother or known to be Mrs. Soo Hye's best friend interrupted them, as she sensed the tense was rising in the house. 

Jessica, who has been witnessing the scene from the start felt her body was shrinking in the seat. 

 

 

"You heard her, Han In. How rude she has been now from the day I gave birth to her," Mrs. Soo Hye commented. 

 

 

"This problem couldn't be solved if you two are acting like this," Ms. Yoon tried to assure the two hot-tempered women. 

 

Mrs. Soo Hye exhaled harshly then. 

 

"Jung Soo Jung, explain yourself and tell me how should I reply to our relatives about your inverse marriage???" she spit out what have been running wild in her thoughts, as the same time her heart felt like a burning flame.

 

Krystal, still had her eyes straight on her mother, trying hard not letting the tears fall down. 

 

 

"I don't have to explain myself. I married her because I love her," she answered. 

 

 

Mrs. Soo Hye flinched and cursed, "Love?! Don't even mention to me about it, it's disgusting and shameful!" 

"I didn't give birth to you so that one day you will betray me and your own father for this ridiculous act, Soo Jung! Think of it, how you suppose to get a child if you are married to that woman?!" the voice was loud and has striked right through Krystal's heart. 

 

"I didn't ask you to give birth to me, didn't I?! It's also a shame to have a mother like you who always see money and honor are better than love!" Krystal raised her voice suddenly, crying her heart out.  

She didn't able to finish her word as Mrs. Soo Hye's right palm landed hardly at her cheek. 

 

Jessica, surprised, immediately stood from her seat and held her mother from the back. "Please, mother... Don't be like this..." her eyes teared. 

While Ms. Yoon approached the sobbing Krystal and gripped gently on her shoulder, sighing. She looked at her best friend and sadly stated, 

"I know I'm not the right person to say this, Soo Hye but by being like this, you will not feel satisfied as well," 

 

 

Mrs. Soo Hye shot back angrily, 

"Was it you who encouraged my daughter to be like this, Han In?! Was it you who ruined her?!" 

 

Ms. Yoon was taken aback. She then shifted her attention to the middle-aged woman and looked deep into her eyes.

"You've gone crazy, don't you? Your daughter here is trying to live her life as she found someone who love her unconditionally. She's learning to love, finally, Soo Hye. Just look at her for once," Ms. Yoon took Krystal's arm and directed her to stand right in front of her mother. 

"Ask yourself, are you happy if she also will be forced to be married to a strange guy, as what your parents did to you before?" 

 

Mrs. Soo Hye has frozen at her spot. 

 

"Could you still feel the pain you've been through? Do you still have a heart to make your daughter feels the same? I'm asking you, Soo Hye. As a mother, do you want her to be hurt by a guy she doesn't love as how he had done to you?"

"Do you still remember the sting you've felt as you aware that you're the woman between him and the late Jin Hee? Do you still remember how cruel your parents were, forcing you to build a life with a man who never see you as his love?" 

 

Mrs. Soo Hye was out of words. She stared at her crying daughter, fighting for the flashbacks from bringing all the awful memories again. 

 

She remembered, the day her parents announced her engagement to a strange guy, and how devastated she felt after knowing her late father settled their wedding in the name of wealth and their business legacies. 

She could still clearly see, the moment where the strange guy half-heartedly broke up his 5 years relationship and ditched the woman whom he loved to the fullest, and sacrificed his own happiness just to impress the parents. Mrs. Soo Hye was also the witness of the late Mr. Jung's breakdown in the night of their wedding. 

 

 

 

 

"Soo Hye..." Ms. Yoon called out her name gently. "The pain you felt should not be repeated again and those mistakes, done by them-the elderlies must end, here," she held her friend's shoulders and furthered, "Ji Hoon gave up on Jin Hee because he felt your pain, Soo Hye. He knew, you were also in the same place as him. These two ladies you have now, is the proof, that he tried his best to make you happy although he couldn't love you as same as how he loved Jin Hee," 

 

Jessica approached Krystal and embraced her tightly, while the youngest was stupefied by her godmother's revelations of the past. 

 

"Father was....?" she glanced at her older sister, tears falling down.

 

Noticed of Krystal's cracked voice, Ms. Yoon's attention shifted to the youngest.

"Yes, your father had loved your step mother long before you both were born, Krystal. He married my friend here and lived the life of his parents had settled for him for so many years until he was depressed, and at the end his sacrifice turned to revenge," 

"The revenge he thought as an act of rebellion over his parents who only care of the honor and noble of their family. So he divorced your mother and married the woman he loved," Ms. Yoon sniffed, holding back her tears.

 

"It was too late for him to realize that though he had married the woman he wanted the most, he was actually gifted by two precious daughters, that could love him more than anyone else," 

 

"It was too late for his apology to rekindle the marriage with your mother because she's also a human, with feelings. The scars you father left were too severe so that she used them as the source of strength to raise two of you independently, without any help of your both grandparents, but yet she still succeed the life of every single mother wished for," 

"My friend here, continued the image of their noble families, although I deeply understand, she doesn't really want her daughters to live or feel the same way as she did," 

 

"That's why she deceived this for you, Soo Jung, because you were the one who looked up on him the most. The late Jin Hee wasn't the real one to be blamed, or neither your mother here. I tell you all of these because I had witnessed those sacrifices which shouldn't been committed and the pains which shouldn't been felt, being repeated once again. I'm telling this because I don't want my friend to make the same mistake like what her parents had done to her. I want her to understand, love, should be love, without terms or conditions. I want all of you to reunite because of love, not because of hatred or blames," 

 

Krystal, stared at her speechless mother then slowly releasing herself from Jessica's arms. 

 

"You lied to me," Krystal blurted out. 

 

Mrs. Soo Hye finally lifted up her face, hearing to her youngest daughter's accusation.  

 

"You've told me that woman was the culprit, the who caused father to hate you. You've told me, they were allies to ruin your business... You have told me, that woman was the real figure of an evil who was heartless and ruined father's mind to leave us..." Krystal expressed, crying silently. 

 

"Mother, because of your lies, I hated her, and I hated my own father for the half of my life..." 

 

 

Jessica, still sobbing, pulled Krystal from facing their mother directly. "Soo Jungie... please... forget all of these..." 

 

"You knew this all along, don't you unnie?" then she changed her attention to Ms. Yoon, "You too, right?" 

 

 

"Soo Jung... either is it lies or not, still I want the best for you two as my children. I don't want you to be hurt as I am," finally Mrs. Soo Hye's voice came out. 

 

 

"But it really hurts!" Krystal cried out. "It does hurts me, mother!" 

 

"You all know every single thing about these but I have known nothing! Am I still apart of this family?! Am I still deserve any place if all I got were lies?!" 

 

 

Ms. Yoon rose from the seat and stepped forward to her daughter-like, "Krystal, we didn't mean to hide from you... But this truth, is too hurtful for you," 

Krystal flapped away Ms. Yoon's hand from caressing her head. 

 

"Stop talking about being hurts! To be with all of you now is so damn hurtful than anything else!" she shouted angrily, as she pushed away Jessica's grip from her arms. 

"I hate to be with this family and I wish I never have all of you in my life!" 

 

 

She glared at her mother for the last time before stepping out from the space, and swept away the tears which running down heavily on her cheeks. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I screwed up everything... I should not tell her about it," Ms. Yoon mumbled weakly but was stopped by Mrs. Soo Hye. 

 

"At least, she finally know the truth. Which I'm so scared of on telling it," 

 

The best friends looked at each other, eyes red. 

 

 

"Soo Yeon, go follow your sister. Make sure she is safe," the mother asked, eyeing her eldest child with her sad eyes. And before Jessica able to take a step back from the place, she heard her mother again, 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Tell this Amber that I want to meet her," 

 

 

"Alone," 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________

 

Yoshhhhh~~~ after so long of my hiatus :')))))

 

Very sorry because I couldn't be able to update this story in regular. 

2019 was hard for me. 

 

And I'm sure, for everyone too, right? 

 

 

We lost Sulli and Goo Hara, and I pray this will be the end of everything. 

I know I'm not alone, because to all of you who reading this, you all surely understand what I'm feeling. 

 

This chapter I dedicated again to my friend, Aimi. She's struggling again with her mysterious disease, and please, please Aimi, although I couldnt be there to hug or touch your hand, please believe me that you're not alone. 

 

I wish you will read this, dear friend, Aimi. I love you okay? 

 

I will try my best to live up your imaginations, because we both are quite sharing a lot of things in common. I'm so proud of your achievement. Do everything that makes you happy. Eat everything that makes you feel better. 

As long as you feel ease by doing it, it doesn't matter anymore, Aimi! Be healthy and let's meet in future! 

 

 

 

Aaaa, back to the story, 

 

Dont you think family drama is quite boring? 

 

Leave your comment here so that I will know how to improvise for next chapter! 

 

 

Thanks for stopping by everyone! And here as always, 

 

Love, love, 

 

YOUR RYAI,