บทที่ 32

My Past, Present & Future

(Listening to Bluffing by f(x) Luna) 

 

They walked side by side, stepping through the long pavement which only lit up by the dim street lights. Usually, it took only 10 minutes for Amber to reach hostel from the convenience store but that night she slowed down to match Krystal's pace. 

"I should walk regularly," she muttered, glancing down at her own feet. "Especially after the empty stomach has been fully restored," 

 

Amber followed her trace, "But you are the Princess from not Wales, why must you walk if you own a car?"

 

Krystal scofffed, "Duh! You even said before that the Queen of Wales casually took shuttle bus to see her people??? Why can't I???" 

 

"Because you have a car?" Amber teased. 

 

Krystal stopped furthering and looked at Amber furiously, "So if I have a car then I'm not allowed to crawl on the floor?" 

 

"O-oh? You want to crawl? Try it then, I want to see how," replied Amber, making an 'inviting' gesture to her and earned a light slap from Krystal on the shoulder. She grunted in pain since the younger's watch hit her upper arm bone. 

 

"Serve you right!" the long hair mumbled, laughing at Amber's awful face. 

 

"Haizzz, it hurts! And stop laughing will you??? You just commit a crime for hurting people intentionally," said Amber, caressing the sore spot repeatedly before putting her exposed fringe-hair back into the beanie. 

Krystal laughed again then, "And you also has commited a crime!" 

 

"What...? What crime??? I remember I just spent so much for your food!" Amber fought, staring at Krystal with disbelief look. 

 

Her laugh changed to a lovely smile as she gazed at the handsome face, 

"Your crime is for making my heart fluttered," 

 

The tomboy has frozen at first until she thought that was Krystal's lame joke so she tried to laugh, "You are no fun at all, haish really," 

"Is that a pickup line? Who taught you? That no-jam Seulgi?" 

 

Krystal's sweet smile instantly turned to a flat one as she gave Amber an annoying look, "Do not mention anyone else when you're with me," 

"I'm so responsible for my words and what if that's really a pickup line? Huh?" 

"What you going to do?" 

 

Amber eyed Krystal closely, still deciding either she should smile or not. She ended up chuckling while looking at the younger's unsatisfied face. 

Awkwardly scratched her beanie, Amber replied, "Okay-okay, I apologize. If you said you were fluttered, then--- I must say its an honour to me," 

"So... thank you?" 

 

Krystal hissed, "What with honour? Who do you think am I? A female president?" 

 

"Well... not because of that..." 

 

"Then what?"

 

Amber scratched her beanie again, feeling like she wants to fly away immediately from being trapped with Krystal's quick questions. 

"Hehr, aishh, don't misundertand..I've just--just want to be polite with you," 

 

Still, the latter looked at her with a sharp gaze. 

"All this time, you're being nice to me because of that?" 

 

"Huh?" Amber wrinkled her forehead, perplexed by Krystal's sudden act. 

 

"So what you said to me before... it was just you being polite? About your feeling to me?" she expressed as they stared into each other's eyes. 

Amber who was very clueless on the younger's guess finally got back to her senses. 

 

"No..." she replied, trying to control the rising of her heartbeats. "I'm being polite to everyone is very different with my politeness to you," its been a habit for Amber to awkwardly scratch her upper eyebrow everytime she feels nervous. She can feel Krystal's stare so she tried to look away and continued to explain, 

"I guess what I feel for you is not important and maybe you had already forgotten what I've said. I'm being nice to you since, I can't really show what I really feel for you," 

"I dont... think you...have the same feeling but still I'm so glad to see you, and to meet you. Like this," Amber gathered all the courage she has to make an eye contact with the girl, just to make sure she knows that she is sincere with her feeling. 

"I like you, but I don't think I deserve to have you to like me back, that way," Krystal could see Amber's glassy eyes as she futhered, "For me, it is more than enough to be able to stay like this, seeing and admiring you and not to expect much from a beautiful girl like you," 

 

She was unaware of making a lot of scratching and that has caught Krystal's attention. Amber stopped talking when the pretty face grabbed her fidgety hand. 

"You will get bleed if you keep scratching like that," said Krystal, bringing Amber's right hand away from her eyebrow. 

 

"O-oh, thank you," Amber expressed. She was out of words when their hands linked and Krystal's gentle touch for somehow made she felt small all of sudden. 

She kept reminding that the moment will pass and none of her words will be useful. 

Amber looked down, staring at the pattern of bricks beneath their feet, hiding her face from Krystal. 

 

 

"So...it's true," Krystal voiced out and made Amber tilted her head. When their eyes met, she stated, "It's true that you're still afraid of your past, Amber," 

She touched the older figure's jaws with both her palms as gentle as she can, 

"Want to know when is a sad story not a sad story?" 

 

Amber glued at her standing spot, staring back at Krystal before nodding her head. 

 

Krystal smiled, "When you've lived it,"

And the boyish also smiled unintentionally as she heard the meaningful quote. 

 

"Believe me I want to say this straight to you for so many times but maybe the time, don't let me do it since I'm not yet ready, or you," 

"Or both of us," 

 

Krystal, still eye-gazing into Amber's brown orbs, muttered word by word, 

"Amber, I love you too," as she closed her eyes and kissed Amber's lips gently. 

 

The boyish was almost breathless when their lips touched and felt she was day-dreaming. Instead of kissing the girl back, Amber put her hands on Krystal's shoulders, pulled them off from each other. 

She didn't know why the tears slowly coming out as she tried to be apart from the pretty figure. 

 

"I-I'm sorry--I shouldn't--" Amber's voice cracked, wiping away her tears. She let Krystal on her own for a moment while she had hard time battling with the sudden heavy feeling from her heart. 

Watching over Amber's condition, Krystal felt worried. 

She reached for the boyish's head and caressed it. 

 

"Come here," and brought it down to her tiny shoulders. She developed her arms around Amber's and hugged her softly. 

 

"You did wonderful things, Amber so please don't be sorry," 

 

They stayed in the embrace for too long until they couldn't remember the weather was getting colder and night was getting darker than before. Noticing Krystal was trembling a little, Amber released the hug and looked at her. 

"Let's go home, Krys. Its freezing," she said, rubbing their hands together. 

Krystal nodded as she sniffed, flashing a smile for Amber.

 

"Feel better now?" 

 

"Yeah," 

 

She knew she shouldn't ask but she still wanted to,

"Can I say we're... together now?" 

 

Although she was too timid to reply, Amber nodded. 

"If you want to, I will be so honoured," 

 

They chuckled at the same time then. The long hair woman tighten the grip of their hands, glancing at Amber again, 

"So then, I'm so honoured too, Amber," 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

(Listening to My Romeo by Jessi) 

 

 

Wendy shrieked as her high note startled all the 'visitors' in the ladies room. She covered , continued to muffle her own scream from coming out when Krystal shushed her immediately. 

 

"Omo! Did you just...?!" 

 

Krystal nodded. 

 

The Canadian-born girl couldn't restrain showing her happiness so she threw her arms on Krystal, excitedly jumped around. 

"This should be the happiest day for us!" 

 

"Why you are so happy? I'm the one who is dating Amber here, not you," Krystal muttered in her flat tone before crossing her arms together. 

 

"Aish, you already possesive from the start," Wendy joked, poking Krystal's cheek with her index finger. "You should share this with others too! I bet they must be so happy as much as I am!" 

 

"Yah, keep your voice down. This place is not suitable public announcement," the taller girl warned, checking her reflection in the mirror. She applied cherry lipbalm onto her lips then, "I don't even know why we always here for crucial things," 

 

"Hey Krystal Jung, " Wendy interrupted, began to speak in English with her friend, "I have waited for months to hear this from your mouth, you know? It's been like forever for you to admit your feeling to... her," she whispered, referring to Amber in the topic. "Of course I'm so delighted to know you guys finally officially together, okay?" 

"Irene unnie's prediction came out real, and I guarantee she's going to do chicken dance later if she knows about you two," 

 

"Lol, what kind of prediction huh? Aish you girls always interested in my personal life," complained Krystal. 

Wendy joined to apply a light touch of makeup, began to powder her face slightly. 

"Oh yes, it is so fun to gossip about you sometimes, when we are run out of topic," 

 

"What about your dating life then? Wendy, I will be very delighted too if you really date someone," Krystal said, copied the latter's famous tone when she speaks. 

 

"Jesus, I'm not to mess my life with some sort of man. I'm enough and proud of being single," 

 

"You can try with woman," 

 

They looked at each other before Wendy cracked a laugh, again attracted the other women in the washroom. 

She made a serious face suddenly, eyeing Krystal's reflection. "Even if alien is permittable to date, I'm not going to," 

 

"Whatever," Krystal snorted. "That's your life, not mine," 

 

"Yeah, it is my life," Wendy added in agreement.

"Oh..  by the way," suddenly she remembered of something important, "Yebin has invited us to join your club's first orientation trip this weekend. She did mention about-- Literature Club? Since when you are an active committee for that kind of stuff?" 

 

The other girl chuckled as she responded, "It is Life Literature Club, Wendy. An underground sociation founded by Amber and our housemates. I joined the club quite a bit late actually, since... I was a loner," 

 

Wendy pursed her lips then, "Sure you were. Everytime we asked you to hang out with us, there would be always million of lame excuses," 

 

"Hmm, I can't fight over that," Krystal stated, keeping back all beauty items into her Burberry Shoulder Bag, which was a special gift from her beloved sister, Jessica for her 24th birthday. She turned right, and glanced at the shorter woman, "That means they have welcomed you to be a part of us too, Wen. It is good sign for me, at least you and I are less awkward," 

 

"Not just me, but Irene unnie and Seulgi too," Wendy said. 

 

"And even better to recruit them both as well. Amber said, the more, the merrier. Is it?" Krystal lifted her eyebrow. 

 

"Before you go around congratulating us for being invited, tell me first what the heck is Life Literature Club?" 

 

She put her right hand on Wendy left's shoulder, directly delivered a quick answer, "It is a special club for special people. There's no term or regulation for anyone to join instead of being good from swearing or cussing because our president, Amber Liu believes- be kind to everyone in act or speech and we'll be better," 

"One more thing, this club never hold any serious meeting but... food gathering is a must for every weekend," 

 

Wendy was amazed as she started to think. 

"So... a casual club? Like..uh Dead Poets Society?" 

Krystal hummed again and snapped her fingers at Wendy. 

"Totally, almost similar but we are probably the woman version," 

 

"O-oh... Interesting!" her face cheered up then. "But... if the boys had Mr John Keating as their mentor, so who is ours?" 

 

The pretty figure put her arms around Wendy's shoulder and spinned around, leading them to the exit of the washroom as she explained, 

"Don't worry, the girls always look forward on Amber as Mr. Keating, or maybe even more than that," 

 

"O-oh really? 

 

"Hmm," Krystal hummed again for the third time as they continued to walk through the hallway, heading straight to the cafeteria.

In short amount of time, both of the women reached their destination, able to reunite with the other regular members, Irene feat Seulgi and enjoyed their lunch-break as usual. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

______

Yep, they are officially a couple now ^_^