บทที่ 38

My Past, Present & Future

(Listening to Boy With Luv by BTS ft Halsey) 

 

 

Author's POV 

 

It is a new start for every member of Life Literature Club. 

Especially for Amber and Krystal, they've started learning to love, to appreciate everything around them. Every day passed is a bless, and they couldn't wait to start another one. 

Until, two semesters came to end and that moment both of them knew what's coming next. 

Krystal has finally finished her studies while Amber and the girls still have a year left in SNU. 

 

 

"I wish I can be with all of you quite longer," muttered Krystal, expressing a bit of her sad tone when Amber was helping putting the stuffs into the box. She laid down her slim body onto the mattress and released a sigh.

Then, she shifted her face to the other side, 

"Amber, aren't you sad that I need to move out tomorrow?" 

 

Amber paused before turning her body around and met her lover's eyes. Having a bitter smile from the lips, she made her way to Krystal's bed. 

"We can still meet you, right?" 

 

Staring at each other's eyes, Krystal forced herself to rise from the mattress and faced Amber directly. Placing her tiny hands around Amber's jaw, she confessed, "It will be different. I want to wake up every day and the first thing I want to see is you, you know?" 

 

Chuckled, Amber gently took both Krystal's hands, gripping them while gazing lovingly into her lover's sharp eyes.

"I want the same as yours too, Krys. But trust me, we can still be together although you're going to live quite far away from here," 

 

"What if I... miss you?" ashamed, Krystal still able to slip out those greasy question and made Amber smiled cheekily. She lifted down her face a little to hide her eyes from meeting Amber's stare. 

 

They sanked into silence for a moment before Amber fixed the strain of Krystal's long hair from her forehead. She spoke in her usual calm tone then, "Even you're leaving tomorrow, now I'm already missing you, Krystal. I wish the distance never separate us because what I feel for you is real and I don't want to be far away from you. Each day that I spent loving you was a bless," 

She kissed Krystal's forehead smoothly and muttered again, 

"I love you, Krys, no matter what's gonna happen," 

 

The younger chinned up her face and noticed Amber's teary eyes. 

"Amber... you know what I feel for you too, right?" asked Krystal, wiping away the older's tears as she tried not to cry. She embraced her arms around Amber and hugged her tight. 

"For infinity, I'm gonna love you forever, Amber," 

 

 

Another silence emerged again temporarily until Amber slowly released herself from the hug and looked at Krystal's face. 

"Do you... think we can be together for the rest of our lives?" 

 

Krystal nodded, smilling. 

 

 

"And do you want us to be tied forever?" 

 

 

"Yes Amber," 

 

 

Amber curved a small smile then. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Then, marry me?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

Key choked on his own saliva as Amber finished her words from the other line. 

 

"BER YOU'RE JOKING RIGHT???" 

 

"No, Kibum. I'm not," 

 

"But.... this is so sudden, okay???" 

 

"Yeah, I know," 

 

"By the way... what's her answer???" 

 

 

There's a pause from his beloved cousin which made him became impatient and nervous out of nowhere. 

"Yah, tell me idiot what Krystal said after thattttt," 

 

 

"If I want to ask a help, can you do it for me?" Amber's husky voice echoed through his ears. 

 

 

"Of course! Of course! Jeez! Tell me her answer Amber Liu! I'm dying here!" 

 

 

 

 

"Well... I want you to be my witness. Can you?" 

 

 

 

 

Key tried to brain out what she has said and finally he understood. Silently jumping in joy, he cleared his throat and replied casually, 

"Yes my cousin, anything for you. Anything for you, " 

 

 

"Thank you, Key. I know I can rely on you," as he heard Amber, he knew the girl is very sincere on her words. He smiled like a proud father and furthered, "Is it me the first person to know about this by the way???" 

 

"Yeah you are, Kibum," answered Amber-chuckling. 

 

"That's how you maintain our friendship, Liu. I appreciate it, I really am!" 

 

"Haha, why I think you're more excited than me huh?" 

 

"Definitely Ber! I'm so damn excited now! I'd never thought you can purpose to her all of sudden, especially when I know you guys are still in new relationship!" 

 

"Thanks, Key. Let's meet soon and I'm gonna tell you more," 

 

 

"Alright buddy! See yaaaaa," he shouted and gave a smooch before ended the call. 

 

 

The half masculine guy continued to bounce and dance while completing his closing job as bartender. He can't put off the smile from his face remembering on what he just knew from Amber. 

 

15 years of struggle, he can finally see and witness himself the happiness from the cousin he cares of the most. 

He almost done with the cleaning and ready to flip the 'closed' signboard which hanging at the door when a familiar face appeared. 

 

 

 

"Hey!" he greeted the figure happily. "Can I get you something? But the shop is officially closed, lady, I'm sorry," he told and bowed playfully. 

The figure laughed and shook her head. 

 

"No, I don't need anthing," she told him with her eye-smile. 

 

"Then?" Key raised his left eyebrow, eyeing her curiously. 

 

 

"Uhm... I wonder if.. you know how I can find... Amber?" 

 

 

The question made Key frozen on the spot, blinking repeatedly while thinking why in the world the girl suddenly looking for his cousin. 

 

 

"Not trying to be rude, but... may I know why you wanna meet her?" he asked. 

 

 

 

"Ahh, you must think I'm weird because... of this... but I just.. don't know why lately I couldn't stop thinking about her and..Nothing important, Key-oppa. I just want to see her, and ask how she's doing. That's all," she explained.

 

Key sighed, 

"Minah-sshi, you should do this earlier, you know? The time when she needed you. Now it's all too late for that," 

 

The girl's bright face slowly faded as she nodded and still trying to keep a smile. "Yeah, you're right about that... But don't misundertand me, I wanna tell her that I'm sorry and I want to wish her a happy life, oppa. I know, Amber faced a lot of difficult things alone and she did everything to prove her feeling to me but I ignored it," 

"I want her to know I'm sorry, " 

 

"So... you want to meet her just to ask forgiveness?" 

 

Minah nodded vigorously. 

 

"Haisyyyy you're really came at the wrong time, Minah-ssiii," mumbled Key. He weakly put off his apron on the desk and looked at the small figure with a frown. "I can bring you to her but promise me, you're not going to ruin the happiness she has now," 

 

"What... do you mean Key oppa?" Minah questioned, furrowing her forehead at Key. 

 

"I'm not going to say anything but later you'll know what I meant," he sighed and continued his words, 

 

"Tell me frankly Minah-ssi, do you love her back then?" 

 

They exchanged a gaze for a moment before Minah replied straightforwardly to him, 

 

 

"Yes I did. And even now, " 

 

 

"But why you... left her?" 

 

 

"Because... I'm afraid. Afraid of what everyone gonna say about me..." Minah's head slowly turning down then. 

 

"You know how much she loved you, right?" 

 

She just nodded weakly. 

 

 

 

"Minah-ssi, she did her best to forget those awful memories. She did her best to... forget what you've done, what you've said before. She tried to move on although she knew you're actually have the same feeling," 

"Tell me, if you apologize to her, do you still hoping she will love you back?" 

 

 

Minah's gaze lifted up, 

"Hoping is just one small thing that I wish it could be true, oppa. But I know, she's not the same Amber that I used to know, right?" 

 

Key didn't reply instantly but instead he started to think in the unpredictable silence. 

 

 

 

"I'm gonna let you meet her and then you'll know either she's changed or not," 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

____________________

Yeah it's a short update. 

Thanks for staying and waiting for this and now I'm working on the next chapter! 

 

 

 

p/s: 

Pristin has disbanded. 

Seungri and the scandals. 

B.I left YG and IKON.

YG resigned.

I hope these will be the end of all the controversies.