บทที่ 16

My Past, Present & Future

(Listening to Feel Good by Illenium & Gryffin feat Daya) 

 

Amber's Diary 

 

How would I describe my days recently? 

Perhaps great, it's also possible with a lot of things that I've come across. Having tremendous times with my favourite girls- I suppose that are the reason I'm capable to make living here.

 

Only one thing as an exception, my feeling-which is growing day by day towards that girl who is staying in front of my door. 

 

We bumped to each other almost every morning, where I'm making hot coffee to start my day, she came in to make hers. Funny to know we are actually quite similar when it comes to food and beverages. Maybe, since we're American-it is possible to have same taste of buds. She enjoys eating beef steak, bread with sausages and low-fat milk. Surprisingly, as when we're getting comfortable having each other- more and more new information popped in. 

We share a lot of things in common. 

Coffee, books, favourite movies, taste in musics and the matter of subject- we both are loners.  

I noticed, she would try to stay away as much as she could if our conversation involved love, family or human's need for care and protection. Probably, she didn't want to talk about that with me. 

So, I decided, I will tried hard to appreciate her own perception about life and love and will try not to invade her space. 

 

Next week, will be the end of my first year's semester. Kyulkung or Pinky- already booked a two-ways ticket back to her nation of origin, Yebin and Dahyun teamed up with Minkyung- will be taking a trip together to the train station and the only left- Krystal told me her mother forced her to fly back to America. Funny again to know that my father also forced me to make a visit to my uncle's house in Boston for this summer. He pressured me a lot on seeing my ill grandma because its been years I didnt manage to go back. 

Krystal and me striked for once more as we know we are actually will be flying together in a same date, time, destination and flight. That's when she immediately 'pulled' me to be her trip company by planning we should go together to the airport while Jessica her sister will wait for us there.

Something tells me that Krystal would be my next crush. 

I like to see her, in everything she did, every little conversation we had and every smile that she curves. 

Totally the same signs that I'd experienced when I was in love with Minah. 

 

But, I hope it is just a crush. 

Will quickly go away and get turn off instantly. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

Author's POV

 

 

She was immersed in her study when the knock from the door surprised her. Giving a short glance on her watch, Amber rose from the chair and walked staight to the door, opening it. 

The figure of Krystal standing there statically with two mugs caught by her own view and she can't help but only to smile. 

 

"Sleepy?" 

 

Amber shakes her head twice. 

 

Krystal hands out one of the mug to the older girl and told, "I made extra coffee for you in case, you can't find inspiration or didnt feel motivated to study," 

"So...here," 

 

Amber-still smiling said thank you directly as she took the mug. 

 

"Firstly, I'm not sleepy and secondly- I don't need an inspiration or motivation to study. I just need to focus and concentrate on the books," she said. "Thanks by the way, Ms. Krystal. It was a nice of you," 

 

"You're welcome," Krystal replied, lips-pursed and eyebrows lifted together. "It must be hard for you since everyone already left and this house only remain two of us. I had finished my last paper today and you still have one to go. Just for asking, how do you feel now, Ms. Amber?" 

 

The boyish chuckled, "I feel better than ever," 

 

"Oh?! You mean not having those girls around, you feel better???" 

 

"Hmm, sort of," 

 

Then, it was Krystal's turn to let out a small chuckle. "Haizzz unbelievable," 

 

 

 

"So... I'm not going to take your time. Good luck," the long hair muttered in her soft voice. 

 

 

"Thank you and actually seeing you is kind of motivation to make me study hard more for tomorrow's paper," Amber said in one time and it was too late to realize she had slipped out words, unconsciously. 

Which that made Krystal blushed a bit. 

 

"Aaaa, I mean-- your.. coffee, yes your coffee of course, is one kind of help to--- keep my eyes open," she stuttered continuously- swearing herself inside of her mind for being careless all of sudden. 

"Thanks a lot for this coffee, Krystal," she added, pretending to be calm. 

 

"Sure," Krystal replied short, avoided her eyes away. She made a long pause there awkwardly before giving a short glimpse at Amber's face. 

 

"I will be waiting for you to end the paper and... we'll going together to the airport. That was our deal, right?" 

 

"Yeah-yeah, of course, I would never forget that deal," Amber said-still trying to recover from the sudden un-carefulness. "So... see you tomorrow?" 

 

Krystal smiled, nodding her head. 

 

"And again, thanks for this motivation coffee," she lifted the mug and made Krystal smiled more. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________

It took so long for me to finish these chapters. Been looking for inspiration and motivation everyone :( 

Thanks for reading!

I hope you guys will stay there,remain faithful to the person you love. 

By the way, I've got a strange question from unknown people. She sent me a short message through a piece of note in today's seminar. 

Here is what she said, 

"Hello Ryai, I'm your 2 years junior and I'm actually just attracted to your current fanfic about kryber. I hope it is you, Wittachai the author and the real Wittachai that I know in a real world. I lived in Canada for 10 years before I settled down here in Bangkok to enrol this university. I should say, you're quite fluent in English.

Actually I wrote this for you to ask, is that possible for us to be happy without love? 

You may just need to know me as KickapoowPrincess- your loyal reader. 

 

Whoa. It is hard for me to answer that question. 

But I do have something in mind about that. 

Life means more than just hoping others to love us back. There are so much ahead waiting for us, not merely about someone who will return the same amount of love. 

For me, it is seems possible to be happy without love. 

But,

Maybe,  

Not really much. 

 

p/s: I edited your letter since you wrote to me in Thai and I struggled to understand your handwriting. Sorry for discarding some precious words of yours. I hope my answer will ease your doubt :)

 

Love love, 

RYAI