บทที่ 28

My Past, Present & Future

 

(Listening to I Just by Red Velvet) 

 

The sound of the door has been slammed hard almost make their hearts jumped out in shock. Yebin and Minkyung immediately stood up from their laying position, Dahyun and Kyulkyung peeked from their own room while Amber walked out from the kitchen, apron still hanging over her skinny body. 

The moment Krystal passed by the living room, that was the time Amber spotted her housemate's horrible face. 

 

"I think I just died and live again," commented Yebin, caressing her chest. "I hope the door is fine," 

 

"The door is definitely fine but Krystal unnie... I don't think so..." Minkyung murmured, giving Amber her worry look. "Why don't you go and check, unnie?" 

 

Kyulkyung was fast to interrupt, "No-no-no, this isn't the right moment to coax her," 

 

"Then?" Minkyung raised her eyebrow. 

 

"Let her cool down first. Maybe... later," the Chinese girl muttered and made Amber nodded her head. 

 

"She needs time, Pinky is right. I'm afraid she will roar on me if I go and knock on her door," the short-hair said, making Dahyun giggled. 

 

"Hopefully," Yebin stated, releasing a little sigh. 

 

 

***

 

 

Amber was fighting inside as she caught the figure of Krystal passing by who didn't even say a thing. The tomboy studied every move she made and wondering either it is necessary or not to ask what actually happened. 

The cold atmosphere caused her to be numb, as she hesitated on what's the best word to utter to the girl. 

She ended up being quiet too and sat herself on the stool, trying to be calm while enjoying her morning coffee. 

 

As fast as lightning Krystal disappeared from the kitchen, leaving Amber alone and motioned to the living room to grab the files on the dining table. 

Not a minute later, Amber heard the sound of the unit's door being opened and closed. 

 

She blew a sigh and decided to assume Krystal is still in her mood swings, so she wanted to wait for the latter to share about it sooner. 

 

 

"What's wrong with... Krystal? Did you know?" Amber asked Wendy as she bumped to the shorter girl during her way to library. The Canadian gave her curious look, 

"Huh? No... I don't know," 

 

Then she heard Amber released a mouthful of an air. 

"What's wrong? What happened?" 

 

The short hair woman sighed again as she scanned her ID card to the entrance and followed close by Wendy afterwards. She stated, "Last night she came home with a horrible face," 

 

"Okay, that's common for her if she's in bad mood," 

 

"Yeah, and I don't have any courage to ask her personally about what's wrong and what happened," Amber replied, and put a few books she carried on the wooden table, then placed herself on the chair as she expressed how she felt at that time. 

"Wonder if she quarreled with Jessica again. You know Krystal rarely go easy on her sister," 

 

Wendy looked at Amber then, "Absolutely. 4 years knowing them, only Jessica always give up in their fights but Krystal, never," 

"By the way, if it is family matter, maybe there's something going on between two of them and another mother," 

 

The statement caused Amber to guess, "Their step-mom?" 

 

Wendy hummed as she put on her thick glasses, "Yes, yesterday we met Jessica and Krystal at her boutique. I joined Irene unnie and Seulgi to search for new shirts. But with their step-mother's existence there, none of us dare to greet them personally. We decided to shop and leave the place as soon as possible," 

 

"So you guys didn't get a chance to speak to her even now?" 

 

"Nope," Wendy snorted, shaking her head. "Krystal doesn't really like expressing or sharing her feelings to people so if she's in a bad mood, we give her space and time. Besides, her moody face is always scary," 

 

"I agree since I did experience that last night," 

 

"My advice, try to talk to her by offering food," she told, opening her book. "Nobody can refuse food, trust me," and began her reading. 

 

She was silent for a moment, considering what Wendy has just said. 

In millisecond, she talked in lower voice, "Do you think... in a slight possibility, Krystal might likes me... I mean in that way?" 

 

Wendy looked at Amber, "Oh for goodness sake, I can't say much about someone's feeling. Especially that friend of mine, Amber-unnie," 

 

"Well, since she once had mentioned about me to you guys before and because of her, we know each other... I strongly believe she must told you something related to feelings," 

 

"I... strongly believe too I'm not the right person to reveal anything about it," 

 

Amber sighed, "Right, I can't force you to tell me that though," 

 

Wendy tapped the older girl's right hand, 

"Don't worry too much okay? Everything's gonna be fine," 

 

Amber lifted her eyebrows then, 

"If you say so..." 

 

 

 

***

(Listening to Chapter 2 by Girls' Generation) 

 

That afternoon, when Amber, Yebin, Kyulkyung and Dahyun reached the front of the unit- they have been greeted by one unfamiliar girl who's standing with her smile at the door. 

They were more surprised since the girl's face somehow looks to someone that they knew. 

 

"Oh, hi," she bowed. "I'm Sinbi," 

 

The group bowed back to her together. 

 

"I am.. related to Soo Jung unnie. Is she home?" 

 

Amber replied, 

"Oh, she's usually at home after 6," 

 

The new girl released her disappointed sigh. "I see... maybe I should be back later," and bowed again. "By the way thank you, if she's here, please tell her that Sinbi is waiting at the guardhouse," 

 

"Why don't you come in? She might be back early and you can meet her," Amber suggested, stepping closer to the door before she used the key to make it open wide. 

 

"Yeah, come on in, it is freezing outside," Yebin said while removing her sneakers. The other housemates also took time to remove their shoes before stepping into the unit. 

The oldest noticed Sinbi's hesitate look so she re-invited her, 

"Now you are our guest. What if I make you a cup of coffee or something else to drink?" 

 

"That's nice of you but I'm afraid..." Sinbi tried to decline but Dahyun stopped her. 

"We are harmless, girl. Don't worry, our unit is not haunted," that made Sinbi let out a small laugh. She bowed again, expressing her gratitude towards the girls as she followed them, marched into the house without any sound. 

 

 

"I'm sorry for asking but how can you related to Krystal unnie? You guys are... cousin?" Yebin put the mug onto the dining table before settling herself on another chair. 

Sinbi was taken aback by the sudden question but since she could see Krystal's housemate were all nice, she decided to reveal who is she for real. 

 

"My mother married Soo Jung unnie's father so technically we're.. half sisters," she calmly told. 

 

Amber who was busy preparing something at kitchen almost dropped the spatula as she heard it. She slowed down the flame and opened her ears wider. 

 

"So you're her... sister???" Yebin's eyes widen. 

 

"Half sister," Sinbi corrected her. 

 

"Whoa... she never says anything about... having younger sister..." the small lady murmured, "Half or full, you guys still related by blood," 

 

"Yes, we are." 

 

"So... are you a student?" Yebin changed the topic when she realized Sinbi wasn't looking so comfortable. 

 

Sinbi sipped the hot chocolate and put the mug back onto the table as she replied in polite tone, "Yes, I am. Just signed up as student here, major in economy,"

 

"O-oh! That's very interesting!" 

 

 

 

 

Krystal searched for the key before inserting it into the hole and weakly twisted the knob. She stepped in and removed her heels and closed the door as she locked it before walking to the living room. 

She handled a very long and tiring day and hoping she can get even just a little rest since tonight she planned to meet Seulgi for their duo's assignment. 

 

Only when she thought the housemates were in their rooms, Krystal glued in standing spot as she spotted Sinbi was chatting with them at their dining table. 

The atmosphere dropped when Sinbi realized her half sister's presence and quickly rose from her chair and bowed to show respect. 

 

"Who let you in?" Krystal asked as she caught the face who she wished not to see for the rest of her life. She felt her temper was rising and tried hard not to release it in front of her housemates. 

 

"Krys... Sinbi's here to meet you so I let her in," Amber replied on behalf of the new girl. She stared at Krystal's face but the pretty woman was looking at her half-sister. 

 

"Unnie.. I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't be here but I just wanted to greet you formally since I'm now studying here too," Sinbi politely said, eyes down on the floor. She was suddenly afraid to face Krystal but still remember the promise she had with her mother so she braced herself. 

 

"Yes, remember who you are and just leave. I'm too tired to see your face now," the girls were taken aback by Krystal impolite reply to her sister. They exchanged awkward glances to each other and slowly rose from the chairs. 

They excused themselves and let Krystal and Sinbi handled the situation. 

 

Amber was on her way to the kitchen when Krystal said, "Guide this girl out from our house since you were the one who kindly invited her," 

 

"Unnie its okay, I'm leaving. Sorry to disturb you," Sinbi apologized. She shifted her face to Amber and repeatedly bowed to her, "Thank you so much Amber-sshi, I'm going now okay," 

 

The tomboy slightly bowed back as she nodded her head. "Alright, take care Sinbi-sshi," 

 

 

Krystal's sharp eyes greeted Amber when Sinbi's figure disappeared from the unit. 

 

"I don't like you being nice to her," she claimed. 

 

"It's freezing outside, Krys," Amber replied, "Besides, she's your sister," 

 

"She's not!" the long hair raised her voice all of sudden. Despite of feeling scared, Amber was unsatisfied with Krystal's anger. She expressed her disappointment, 

"What's gotten into you???" 

 

"What's gotten into me??? Let me ask you one thing, generous Amber Liu. Try to imagine you have found out the woman who ruined your parent's marriage suddenly appeared and claimed she has a child with him. And she begged you to accept the child like your own. What will you do?" Krystal stared deep into Amber's eyes, still struggling with her emotion at that time. 

 

The tomboy wanted to say something back Krystal cut her words, 

"Ah, no need to say anything. I know an angel like you will say please accept her because she's innocent and have nothing to do with that 's mistake," 

 

She was crushed inside upon hearing that. Amber calmed herself in the tense air, trying to read what's inside the latter's mind. She reached out her hand to hold Krystal's arm but the younger was fast to pushed it away. 

Sweeping away her running tears by herself, Krystal left Amber without any word and headed straight to her own room, and slammed the door hard. 

 

Depressed by the sudden burst, the boyish only able to release her frustrated sigh as she asked why Krystal is too sensitive about having half sister. 

 

I am that senseless to think she should be glad to meet someone who's going to love her too? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____

Another double update to all my readers :) 

 

Hope you guys like it! 

 

Stay tuned for more family drama *sigh* and the poor Amber who is obviously the victim of Krystal's bad anger management.