บทที่ 25

My Past, Present & Future

(Listening to Lucid Dream by Monogram) 

 

She let the fringe of her hair blown away by the cold wind, eyes glued at the night view from her unit's tiny balcony. 

The laughs, the stares, she's trying to put away those memories from her mind again and again but it seems at that moment, nothing sided with her. 

When she still feel worst about herself, Amber slowly turned around and stepped away from the viewing-spot and she caught Krystal just walked out from her room, bringing a mug. 

 

They stopped and looked at each other. 

 

Amber avoided Krystal's eyes for a while, had some time gathering her courage to greet the pretty creature. 

"Hey," 

 

Krystal replied with the same 'hey' as usual and still staring at the boyish, she asked in hesitance,

"Are you... okay?" 

 

Amber nodded, 

"Yeah, of course," 

 

"Your face went against your words," 

 

"O-oh?" 

 

Krystal braved herself as she reached for Amber's right hand and pulled her closer, 

"I have something to give you only if you agree to stay with me tonight," 

 

Amber's forehead scrunched. 

 

"I mean, let's watch movie together?" Krystal corrected her statement as she mentally facepalmed herself in disappointment. 

 

"Oh... movie? Right now?" 

 

"Yes," 

 

"Don't we have classes tomorrow, Krys? It's almost 1 am," 

 

"I want to sacrifice my tomorrow class because I'm not in a good mood. I want to... be better with you," 

 

Amber gazed into Krystal's eyes, "Are you sure?" 

 

"Yes, very sure," she replied, half-smiled. 

 

"So, what is the movie to watch? Do you want something to eat to replace popcorn?" Amber asked politely, before directing herself to the kitchen, dragging Krystal along. The younger girl stopped her by pulling her hand a bit to the back, 

"No need, Amber. I'd already ate," 

 

"Then.... what about coffee?" 

 

Krystal grinned, showing her white teeth as she nodded her head repeatedly. 

 

 

 

 

___

Krystal let Amber chose what movie to watch together and the older girl ended up with animation "The Good Dinosaur". She never watch the movie so just agreed with Amber's choice. 

And when the movie is ended, Krystal checked on the latter's face, asking, "Do you feel better?" 

 

"Huh? Better?"

 

"I know you had a hard day, Amber. Wendy told me what Yugyeom did to you," 

 

The boyish sanked in her own silence as she tilted down her head a bit, lowering her eyes from Krystal's stare. "I'm fine... He just trying to be funny maybe," 

 

Listening to that made Krystal's ears burnt, "What the hell??? He embarassed you and you still on his side?? Are you crazy???" she rose from the bed where they layed together to watch movie then faced the older directly. 

"He is definitely too outrageous, Amber. You should not let this pass," 

 

"No, its fine, Krys. One day he will regret for everything he had done to us," Amber calmly said. 

 

"Us?" 

 

"Yeah, I was there with Yebin when he pulled a prank on you. So what happened to me today wasn't his first time," 

 

"So you were.. watching me.." Krystal stuttered at her last words. 

 

Amber nodded, still staring the floor, with no courage to look up and see Krystal straight with her eyes. "I asked for Yebin and the girls' help to look after you because at that time I sensed you don't like me," 

 

Krystal felt like her mouth has been sealed with a tape as she recalled how she used to treat Amber at their early meetings. 

 

"Thank you Krys," 

 

Amber's deep voice made she snapped out from her thoughts. "For what?" 

 

"For trying to make me feel better," 

 

"And do you feel better now?" 

 

The boyish made no instant reply, instead she still has her eyes glued on the floor. 

 

Krystal pushed her brain to think faster on what to do as she has ensured that watching movie together couldn't heal Amber's sadness. 

Still in standing state, Krystal slowly put her hand on Amber's back head and motioned it closer to her stomach, letting the latter rest there for comfort. 

 

"Please forget it, Amber. I'm... here," she said, half-whispered. Caressing the broad shoulder smoothly, she stated, 

"You should probably go to sleep right now and I'm sorry for making you not even feel better," 

 

Amber lifted up her head to see Krystal's face. They involved in a short staring moment before she asked, 

 

"Can I stay with you for tonight?" 

 

 

Krystal, letting her long hair fell down beautifully, responded, 

 

"Yes, of course," and she gave Amber a tiny smile. 

 

 

 

 

***

The ringing phone snapped Krystal from the deep sleep, as she automatically rose from the mattress, searching for the device thoroughly. 

 

Who the heck is this?! 

She hissed, noticing unknown number appeared at the phone screen. 

 

"Unnie, sorry to disturb but do you know where Amber unnie is???" a familiar voice greeted her left ear first. 

 

That question made Krystal shifted her head to see on the other side of the bed. 

The figure that voice referred to is sleeping soundly, who not even move an inch although sunray already illuminated the room. 

 

"Oh.... she's here, in my room," Krystal replied, yawning. 

 

"Eh really??? Does she... sleepwalking???" 

 

"Nah, she's not," 

 

She tied her long hair to ponytail, giving Amber a quick glance as she rose from the bed and walked straight to the door, before opening it lazily. 

Dahyun's blank face welcomed her first. 

 

"We watched movie last night and she was too sleepy so I asked her to sleep with me instead," told Krystal, making her way to the washroom. 

 

"Amber unnie should be getting ready now, she has class at 8," said Dahyun. 

 

Krystal paused then turned her face at Dahyun, 

"Let her sleep more, Dahyunnie. Yesterday was too rough for her," 

 

"O-oh, yeah-yeah, you were right," the fair skin snorted, "Poor Amber unnie, she must be so sad," 

 

The older girl hummed as she nodded her head twice, 

"Don't worry, your Amber unnie is always positive, she can get through that easily," she gave Dahyun a little smile before stepping into the toilet and closed the door, letting the younger with her temporary thoughts about Amber. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That noon, Dahyun and the girls gathered as usual for their lunch and she used the time to inform them about Amber's sleepover. 

Yebin and Kyulkyung stopped munching as they shot Dahyun their surprise looks. 

 

"For almost 2 years, we share the same unit, living under a roof together but I'd never get a chance to step into her room," Yebin commented, began to munch again. "Trust me, they must be up to something," 

"What do you mean?" Dahyun questioned. 

 

"What something, Yebin-ah? It's normal for girls to sleep together on the same bed," Minkyung interrupted, using chopsticks to insert a mouthful of ramen. "You and your prejudice sometimes, haish..." 

 

"No, I don't have prejudice, unnie. I've studied them for too long, you know? And I'm sure at least one of them has special feeling in this close relationship," Yebin tried to explain, mouth-fulled.

 

"I bet not one of them, but both," suddenly Kyulkyung voiced out her opinion, joining in the group's discussion. 

 

"So?" Minkyung asked back. "So what if they have feelings for each other?" 

 

"Well... I don't know much about genderless relationship, but if Amber unnie and Krystal unnie likes each other, we must be happy right?" Kyulkyung added. 

 

Dahyun and Minkyung nodded, but Yebin frowned. 

"I don't know what to say, maybe it's too early to conclude their relationship," 

 

"So then, don't conclude and keep your prejudice, Yebin-nie. I'm saying this, for an advice since Amber unnie is really nice to us all, you know? Don't say anything that might hurt her feeling," Minkyung muttered in her serious tone, finishing her ramen. 

"I sensed she is attracted to Krystal unnie since our first day of mountain climbing last year. They've become closer day by day after that and when Amber unnie said she wrote Romeo and Krystal unnie wrote Juliet for the ball, there's no doubt anymore they're into each other," 

 

Yebin looked at her senior, displeased. 

"Talking about my prejudice and conclusion, do you heard yourself just now, Minky unnie? You has concluded them perfectly, you know?"

The tall girl flinched and added, 

"That's a difference between your prejudice and mine. I able to keep it for myself and put only positive thoughts although I'm hundred percent sure, they're dating," Minkyung said then drank all the soup inside of the ramen cup, putting down her chopsticks happily. 

 

Dahyun's mouth widen,

"Dating? Is that term fits them now???" 

 

Minkyung shrugged, 

"For me, yes. They're qualified to be a real couple," 

 

"Whoa unnie, you're really shipping them together huh?" Kyulkyung said, grinning. 

The oldest girl raised her thumb as response, making the Chinese laughed. 

 

"Do you think they realize their feelings..?" suddenly Dahyun shot a random question, looking straight at Minkyung's flawless face. 

 

"Offh, I'm not sure about that yet, Amber unnie is good in hiding feelings," 

 

"Well not anymore since you knew it?" Yebin said. 

 

"Uhh... let's just wait and see, my sisters. What will happen next to our president-nim and her right-hand woman, can we just... let them handle it?" 

 

"Nice idea, at least we're not being busybody," Dahyun nodded her head. 

 

Eventually, they reached the agreement to stay aside from their oldest members' acquaintances and decided to be supportive on each and every matter which going to occur next. 

They believed, as what Amber always said, 

 

"Never to judge people just because she or he is unique and different," 

 

So yes, they are so sure Amber has referred the quote to herself and hoping sooner they're going to witness love flowers bloom everywhere.