บทที่ 41

My Past, Present & Future

(Listening to Rescue by Younha) 

 

The keen eyes took quite a time viewing the scenic panorama, slowly- she inhaled the fresh air and and breathed it out. Pocketing both hands, she let the wind blew off the fringe of her hair as she immersed in her own deep thoughts. 

Han River is one of the best place for soothing, besides of being famous in most of Korean dramas. Yebin once has told her with a bright shiny eyes that, 'if you stand still at the bridge, you'll see the reflection of your own soul,'.  

Amber chuckled alone. 

 

She reminisced a quick moment whereas she has successfully 'ended' a 10 years pain within not longer than 2 hours conversation. Minah- the girl from her past appeared, not begging her to be back but to seek forgiveness. 

And good news she received too, Minah will be engaged to the guy whom she befriended during her childhood days. 

She then made her mind fixed, that she also has her own partner to be- who she's going to spend the lifetime with. 

 

 

 

 

"Uwuuu... nice place for late night date huh?" and there she is, the woman of her future has arrived. 

 

Amber smiled, shoving her hand out and reached for Krystal's which the latter took if so gladly. She motioned closer and stood exactly beside the older, shoulders touched. 

 

"Yebin said, this place is the best for healing," told Amber, eyeing every inch of her fiance's face. "In fact, this is my first visit. What about you?" 

 

Krystal glanced over her side, "Not my first time, Amber. I've been here with father- when I was five," 

 

Somehow guilty for asking, Amber rubbed her hand on Krystal's left arm up and down a few times. 

"I'm sorry..." 

 

Chuckling, she snuggled in and muttered, "No need for sorry, okay? At least, it was a good memory with him," 

 

Amber hummed, "Yeah, that's definitely right," and she leaned her head over, brushing with Krystal's. 

 

 

 

 

 

"I wonder, how our future will be," Krystal whispered, closing her eyes, inhaling the cold breeze smoothly. 

 

 

"Future is... unappeasable," replied Amber with her gentle voice. "I used to think of how my future would be when I was fifteen. I pictured myself in somewhere dark, excluded and unfounded place. Where there's no living things and only me exist and the nature," 


 

"Means... you want to be alone?" Krystal made a quick guess, staring at her lover's face. 

 

 

Nodding, Amber answered,
"Probably, because I was so disappointed of the people in my past, Krys. They were... cruel," 

 

 

Krystal's gaze was longer this time as she read Amber's expression. 

 

 

"They hurt you in what way?" 

 

 

 

Flinching, Amber delivered, 

"In the most horrible way. The spoken words, and the reckless acts that crushed the young spirit and mind of mine," 

 

They had eyes-locked when the boyish added, "And when... I met Minah, I thought, I had a new dream and found a new reason to live. Like, no one could let me down because everyday I want to have a moment with her," 

"Just for you to know, I met her again yesterday and we talked much about our past, our lonely days after we parted from each other for such a long time and how those memories kept coming in to remind who we were," 

 

 

"And it reminds you too that I'm your present and future, isn't it?" Krystal interrupted with a bit of possesive tone, making Amber cracked a chuckle. 

 

 

"No doubt on that, Krys. Although I will be given another one lifetime to live, I want it to be with you," muttered Amber, proving her loyalty. 

 

 

"Jeezz... is that just to make it you look good? Huh? Why don't you pick her because she's your first love?" Krystal questioned out, suspecting for Amber's honesty at that moment. 

 

 

"Krystal-sshi, first love doesn't always last till the rest of time. For me... first love is just.. a memory? A memory to make me stronger than before," 

 

"A memory? Just that??" 

 

"Yeah..." Amber furthered to convince, "Because of that memory, I'm well experienced to start over again, with you. To be honest here, I was sure I just had a crush on you, Krys, because you're so beautiful and everybody knows about it," 

 

 

"Hmm, you keep dragging around about me being pretty, what else can I do? Can't help it, so you gotta live with that fact forever then," Krystal joked and flipped her long hair as they both laughed together. 

 

 

Smiling, Amber took a moment again to stare into Krystal's sharp eyes, soften them with her lovely gaze. 

 

(Playing Paper Heart by f(x) ) 

 

 

 

Krystal's POV 

 

Here I am again. Wondering why her stare has the power to freeze the time? 

That eyes, staring at me closely- tighten the feeling I have for her. 

Somehow, our moment here makes me think, 

 

Mostly people in 7 billion population in this world are chasing for a better life. 

A better I mean, 

An ordinary routine that what normal human should do.

Begin from the birth, our mind had been set accordingly- we study to earn knowledge,  to be a useful person, we work days and night, to earn money, to support our daily expenses. And not an exception, when we reach adulthood, marriage and life partner will complete the circle of life. 

Boys and girls are invented to fill each other part.  

Or,  

 

Boys and boys. 

And maybe girls with girls. 

 

Currently.  

 

 

 

 

 

Well,  for me, 

I didn't buy any of those culture. 

 

 

I have thinking, 

 

"My life will be in peace if I mind my own business" 

 

 

 

I believe it for almost a decade of my entire lifetime until, 

 

I found this particular weird girl. 

 

 

 

 

 

Amber. 

 

 

Yeah,

This boyish girl/woman/lady, or whatever she describes herself as always, is the reason for me to trust everyone once again. 

She has thought me, we must learn to trust before we can be trusted. 

 

 

Looking at her like this, having to see only her nose and lips, half-side of her face, I feel, it is more than enough. 

This moment is way more precious because, I have Amber who loves me truthfully. 

I could feel how much she loves me by the glance of her eyes, almost as similar as what my late father had. 

 

I don't know why I'd always feel this way. 

The look of love, which I want only Amber to have it, not everyone else. 

 

 

 

"Excuse me, Krystal Jung, you've been staring at me for 5 minutes straight, without a blink and yes, quite creepy to say," her husky voiced reached my eardrums. 

She snapped her fingers at my eye level, smiling and frowning at the same time, "Are you okay, Krys?" 

 

 

I refused to say a thing, because suddenly I think of losing her. 

 

What if one day it will be the day where our trusts to each other will be tested?

 

 

 

 

"Krys?" she called my name shortly again, searching for my eyes. 

 

I looked down to the ground when a heavy load slowly building inside of my heart, making me teary out of the blue. 

 

 

Battling not to cry, I ignored her for a second, until Amber's warm hand reached for mine. 

 

 

 

Author POV 

 

 

Amber questioned her fiance with a bit tone of worry, as their hands locked, "Hey... you okay?" she gently caressed the top of Krystal's head, with intention to sooth the latter naturally. 

However, when their eyes met, the boyish's eyebrows furrowed, as she noticed Krystal is in the verge of tears. 

 

"Amber, what will you do if one day, we have to part ways?" Krystal fought in, holding herself from sobbing. "Tell me how I have to live if you're going to leave me...?" 

 

 

"Krys... don't say such things..." Amber said, and reassured, "We just made a promise, remember? Whatever comes, we shall go through it, not by parting ways, but by facing it together," seeing the younger's upset look, it has touched her heart too. 

"I might be weaker than a gentleman who could fight and protect for a relationship, but I think I'm a bit stronger when I have you. Don't you think?" she motioned her palm to Krystal's smooth cheek then, before tilting up the pretty's face to look in the eyes. 

"If you ask what I'm gonna do when people force us to leave, then I'm gonna say let's fight together? Will you do it for me too, Krystal?" 

 

She looked up and eyed Amber's soft gaze again. Thinking of the possibilities that might happen between them next, Krystal is terrified. 
 

Amber who opened her rigid mind has once broken hearted and decided to move on from her feelings by leaving. 

Her sacred past, has once became the reason she rejected people around her. 

And also Amber, has once, forced to be selfish, neglecting her love for the sake of her parents. 

 

Just to picture all those things in her mind, is enough to make her sob and burst into silent cries. 

 

 

 

Amber sighed out as she let Krystal on her own and continued sobbing hard. 

"Krys... don't be like this please..." Amber tried to persuade her girl. 

 

Still, Krystal is crying and letting her long hair becomes the 'shield'  to cover her face from Amber's sight. 

 

 

Speechless, Amber has no choice but to pull Krystal's body to hers and hugged her as tight as she can. 

She whispered, 

 

"If you have a doubt about me going to turn away from you, Krys, you're wrong, you know? I trust you with my life, and I will bring it with me wherever I am, even if people going to force me to forget it," 

 

Krystal's sob slowly subsided and Amber could feel her breathing finally back to normal. 

 

She didn't let her go until Krystal herself released the hug. 

"This is not one of your trick to make me feel better, isn't it?" and that made Amber chuckled as response. 

 

"You and your doubt on me, when it will end huh?" 

 

"Never," Krystal firmly replied. "Because you're too nice to everyone," 

 

 

"Yah, is that a sin to be too nice??" Amber asked, unsatisfied. 

 

"Don't be silly. You're not a saint, you should not be kind all the times, just to satisfy others," added Krystal- sniffing back her running nose. 

 

 

"Okay-okay, I'll be nice just for you, deal?" said Amber, raising her pinky finger. 

 

 

Staring blankly at Amber's promise sign, Krystal frowned. She looked up and immersed to a daring gaze into her fiance's orbs. Neglecting the fact that they were in the middle of crowd passing by, she tiptoed and pecked the older's lips gently. 

 

"That's my way of making promise, please be aware of it," 

 

 

Stunned, the boyish couldn't able to say a thing as she stared at the pretty's smile. 

 

"You are one crazy brave woman, Krys," Amber muttered, roaming her eyes around. "I thought I'd just died for what you did now," 

 

Playfully hit Amber's upper chest, Krystal chuckled. "Yeah, I'm always the brave one who start things between us first, not you," 

 

"Wait... that's an error of your statement," Amber raised a finger, stopping her. "Do you mind if I want you to recall, that, I was the one who kissed you.. first?

 

Having a teasing mode on, the long hair crossed her arms and asked, "Oh really? I couldn't recall any of that," 

 

 

"Okay...." Amber's voice became flat. "If you say so, would you let me do something that could crack your senile mind and make you remember again?

 

"Excuse me, I'm not a senile woman," Krystal defended herself as she copied Amber's act before, raising her finger right in front of Amber's face. "And with your lack of confident to start things, I bet I will be the one who crack your mind first, Ms. Liu," 

 

Eyeing her fiance closely, Amber curved another peaceful smile and replied, 

"Whatever we gonna do to each other, let it happen after we got married, okay?" 

 

 

"No way, it would be like 3-4 months more, and I can't wait to hit you for real, Amber Liu," Krystal said confidently. 

 

 

That's when the sudden silence embraced and Krystal was speechless to see Amber's soft gaze changed to a burning flame of temptation. 

She really felt her heart just jumped out from the rib cage as Amber pulled her body closer to her and stared straight into her sharp eyes. 

 

"So then, I'm asking you to marry me tonight, Krystal Jung," the voice was deep and slow, but very clear enough for Krystal's ears. 

 

"W-wha..." the younger was wobbling in her words while Amber had smiled for more. 

 

 

"I'm asking you, again now Krys. Forget about those 3-4 months of our wedding ceremony preparation, and let's get married, tonight," 

 

 

"Amber... we.. I mean.. where-w-we can get married this instant by the way?" although still clueless with Amber's sudden plan, Krystal doesn't say 'no'. 

 

 

Tightening her arms around Krystal's tiny figure, the boyish didn't let her sweet smiles being swept away as she added, 

"We only need church, priest, and witnesses," 

 

 

Hesitating, Krystal interrupted, "And how we manage to get all of those by... tonight, Amber?? And are you really serious about this??" 

 

She hummed first, giving a gentle kiss on Krystal's forehead then said again, 

 

"Yes, I'm so serious to marry you by tonight and we already have what we need, Krys. Now, I'm just waiting for you to say 'yes' to me before I proceed with my plan," 

 

The staring moment almost last for minutes until Krystal slightly nodded her head as her lips curved a beautiful smile- the sign of her agreement. 

 

 

 

 

And before they even realize, the night-sky has become darker and time flies faster than they know. 

 

Because what they really know, they will be one, faster than what duration they have in minds. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________

 

 

Hello everyone! How all of you doing? 

Hoping y'all having the wonderful time of your life! :) 

 

Very sorry for making this story almost hanging again like my past fanfic, but trust me, I'm really trying to update once I have a time. 

 

Talking about my favourite f(x),

I'm quite sad about Amber, Luna and Victoria leaving SM Entertainment and only Krystal left there. Nothing much we as MeU could do, right everyone? Since Luna already clarified that f(x) will never disband, I'm gonna have faith on it. 

 

 

 

Back to the story, 

Have you ever think, that one day, you'll be married to someone and have a family? 
Because KryBer here almost there ;) 

 

 

Again, it's me, your Ryai and thanks for waiting and reading this incomplete fanfic! 

Please have faith on me that I'm gonna beautify the story of our KryBer and finish it in the way y'all never imagine it to happen! :D

 

p/s: I promised there's no epic drama, right? So.... do you believe me?